Want to add or remove favorites bar in Microsoft Edge on your PC?
The favorites bar (aka bookmark bar) in Microsoft Edge is a convenient feature that allows users to pin their favorite bookmarks so that they can access them with a single click.
However, when it comes to customizable features like the favorites bar, not everyone is the same. Some users prefer their browsers to look cleaner, while others consider convenience more important than looks.
Regardless of the situation, you are experiencing, the good news is that Microsoft Edge allows everyone to add and remove their favorites bar, based on their own preferences and if you are looking for easy ways of doing so, you are in the right place.
In this guide, we will walk you through the methods of adding or removing favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. Don’t worry, all the methods are easy to follow, and should not take much of your time or energy.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Modify Microsoft Edge Settings.
In order to add or remove the favorites bar in Microsoft Edge, the best method is to edit the browser’s settings. This can be done in several ways, and in this method, we have listed the easiest ones for you.
Here is what you need to do:
- Launch Microsoft Edge on your PC and click on the More button (three dots) on the top-right corner of the window.
- Select Settings from the list of options available.
- In the Settings window, choose Appearance from the left panel.
- Now scroll down in the Appearance window and locate the Show favorites bar option.
- Expand the dropdown menu against it and choose Always/Never according to your own preferences.
- Alternatively, you can click on the Favorites icon directly and select the More button (three dots).
- Now choose the Show favorites bar or Hide favorites button from the toolbar, according to your requirements.
Hopefully, doing so will help you add or remove favorites bar in Microsoft Edge.
2. Use the Local Group Policy Editor.
If the method mentioned above did not work for you, then try using the Local Group Policy Editor for adding/removing favorites bar in Microsoft Edge.
Local Group Policy Editor is an administrative-level feature designed for advanced users to tweak Windows settings according to their preferences. It helps the users control the working environment of their operating system better.
Here is how you can use the Local Group Policy Editor to add/remove favorites bar in Microsoft Edge:
- Visit Microsoft’s official website.
- Scroll down the window and select the version details of your Microsoft Edge.
- Click the GET POLICY FILES button to download the policy files.
- Once the download is complete, extract the downloaded file and then open the folder.
- In the folder, navigate to the location mentioned below.
- Copy the msedge.admx and msedge.adml files and paste them in the C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions folder.
- Once you have pasted the files, restart your PC.
- Upon reboot, open a Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Inside the text field of the dialogue box, type ‘gpedit.msc‘ and hit Enter. Doing so will launch the Group Policy Editor on your PC.
- In the Group Policy Editor window, navigate to the location mentioned below.
Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Microsoft Edge
- Locate Configure Favorites Bar in the right pane and double-click on it.
- Choose Enable if you want to enable favorites bar and Disable if you want to disable favorites bar according to your requirements.
- Click on Apply to save the changes you just made.
This should add or remove favorites bar in Microsoft Edge without any issues.
3. Try Using CleanMyPC.
The troubleshooting steps in this guide might not work for you if your system is infected with a corruption error that is hindering your ability to execute certain tasks. The best course of action in this situation is to clean your computer thoroughly with an effective PC cleaner before implementing these methods.
If you’ve never cleaned your PC before, or don’t know what you should look for, we recommend using CleanMyPC.
This PC cleaner is easy to use and is a very efficient tool to remove unnecessary files and resolve all your other PC issues. It comes with a wide range of system maintenance tools that include a Multi Uninstaller, Cleaner, Speed Booster, and much more.
These tools are accessible by simply installing CleanMyPC on your computer. Once you have installed the tool, run a scan using it.
CleanMyPC will identify all the errors in your PC and attempt to fix them automatically without your involvement. Install CleanMyPC now if your PC desperately needs these services and you’ll have it running like new in no time!
4. Use Windows Registry.
Another easy way of adding/removing favorites bar in Microsoft Edge is via Windows Registry.
Like the Group Policy Editor, Windows Registry also allows the users to customize their operating system according to their needs. It stores low-level information about the critical Windows processes and programs in the form of Registry keys.
Modifying these registry keys will give you better control over your operating system.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open a Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Inside the text field of the dialogue box, type ‘regedit’ and hit Enter. Doing so will launch Windows Registry on your PC.
- In the newly launched window, navigate to the location mentioned below.
- If you cannot locate an Edge key, right-click on the Microsoft key and select the New > Key option.
- Name this newly created as Edge.
- Now double-click on the Edge key and right-click anywhere in the right pane.
- Select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value option and name this value as FavoritesBarEnabled.
- If you want to add the favorites bar, double-click on this newly created value, and under Value data, type 1.
- In case you want to disable the feature, type 0 under Value data.
- Finally, restart your PC.
As simple as that!
Following the steps mentioned above will help add/remove favorites bar in Microsoft Edge successfully.
This brings us to the end of our guide on adding/removing favorites bar in Microsoft Edge. We tried walking you through all the steps in detail and hope that one of the methods mentioned above did the trick for you. In case you still have any confusion about the methods, please let us know in the comment section below!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂