Want to Fix Amazon Prime Not Downloading Movies on iPhone?
The Amazon Prime app allows you to stream thousands of movies and web series by subscribing to it. In addition, you can download TV shows and movies of your choice to watch them even offline.
However, just like any other app, Amazon Prime is prone to bugs that may cause it to function improperly. This may result in the app being unable to download films and shows. Other reasons may include a weak internet connection, low storage, or the app itself may be down for maintenance.
In order to get rid of this issue, there are several methods to fix Amazon Prime not downloading movies on iPhone. We have highlighted some of the most effective fixes that will help you immensely in this article.
So, let’s begin!
1. Ensure Download on Wi-Fi Only Is Disabled.
The Download on Wi-Fi only option on Amazon Prime Settings allows users to download movies only while they’re connected to a Wi-Fi network. This means that you won’t be able to download anything if you’re using Cellular Data.
So, if you’re facing the Amazon Prime not downloading movies on iPhone issue, check the app’s settings and disable Download on Wi-Fi only. Here’s what you must do:
- First, launch the Prime Video app on your device.
- On the bottom right corner of the screen, select My Stuff.
- From there, tap on the gear icon in the screen’s top right corner.
- Then, locate Streaming & Downloading and tap on it.
- Ensure the toggle next to Download on Wi-Fi only is off.
2. Check Your Internet Connection. Switch Your Network Type.
An unstable internet connection is one of the most common reasons you cannot download movies from Amazon Prime. As the movie files are large and take time to download, the process may pause if the connection is weak. Therefore, you must use a powerful connection while downloading movies.
So, check your internet speed and switch your network type, if necessary, by following the steps mentioned below:
- Head over to Speedtest by Ookla.
- From the center of the screen, select the Go option.
- After some time, the site will provide you with details regarding your internet strength. If you find the connection to be weak, change it from Wi-Fi to Cellular Data or vice versa.
- To do this, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, go to Wi-Fi and turn off the toggle next to Wi-Fi.
- After that, go back to Settings and select Cellular.
- Switch on the toggle for Cellular Data.
- Afterward, go back to the Prime Video app, and you should now be able to download movies.
3. Restart the Prime Video App.
Often, the large movie files may cause the app to become unresponsive while simultaneously pausing the downloading process. Moreover, temporary glitches may also occur, which may cause interference with downloading.
In these cases, an easy and effective solution is to relaunch the Prime Video app. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open App Switcher. For older iPhone models, double tap the home button to access it.
- Then, swipe across the app until you locate the Prime Video app and swipe it up. This will close the app.
- Relaunch the app after several seconds and check if you’re able to download movies.
4. Update the Prime Video App.
Like every app, the Prime Video app is also prone to temporary bugs and glitches. However, app updates tend to eliminate these issues and provide a better user experience. Hence, it’s important to check for any pending app updates once in a while and install them if available.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- First, open App Store from your device.
- Then, select the Search tab from the bottom right corner of the screen and type in ‘Amazon prime video’ in the search bar.
- Lastly, tap on Update next to Amazon Prime Video and wait for the process to be finished.
5. Disable Low Data Mode.
Low Data Mode comes in handy if you have a limited data plan. It hinders the downloading process, as well as stopping background apps from running. All of this helps you save data and battery. However, it may also be the reason behind Amazon Prime not downloading movies on iPhone.
To resolve the issue, disable Low Data Mode by performing the steps mentioned below:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, go to Wi-Fi.
- Tap on the i icon next to the name of your current network connection.
- Next, turn off the toggle next to Low Data Mode to disable it.
- Go back to the home screen and launch the Prime Video app to see if the issue has been resolved.
6. Ensure You Have Enough Storage.
Another reason behind Amazon Prime not downloading movies on iPhone is low storage space. Your device needs to have enough space for the movie file to download. You may solve this problem by deleting any unnecessary files or apps.
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and locate General, then tap on it.
- From there, select iPhone Storage.
- Once it loads, go through the apps and check for those that are taking up unnecessary space on your iPhone.
- Select the app, and tap on the Delete App option.
- Moreover, you can turn on Offload Unused Apps under Recommendations by tapping on the Enable option next to it. This will help clear internal device storage.
- Lastly, open the Prime Video app and check if the issue has been fixed.
7. Reset Network Settings.
The last resort to fixing the movies not downloading from Amazon Prime is resetting the iPhone’s network settings. This way, any problem with the Wi-Fi or Cellular Data settings will be resolved.
Here’s what you must do:
- Launch Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and look for General. Once you find it, tap on it.
- Then, locate and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Next, tap on the Reset option at the bottom of the screen.
- From the list of options, select Reset Network Settings.
- You’ll need to enter your device’s passcode to confirm your actions. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to reset Network Settings.
- Lastly, open Prime Video and ensure that the problem has been solved.
This concludes our guide on how to fix Amazon Prime not downloading on iPhone. If you have further queries or confusion, utilize the comments section below. We’ll get back to you in no time.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊