Having a hard time finding a match on Among Us and presented with a ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error?
Well, it is widely known among players that Innersloth is currently having a hard time keeping up with the volume of users who wish to play Among Us. The game did not get much attention way back in 2018 when it was released, and the developers were not expecting its sudden popularity.
Given this, their servers are not designed to handle thousands of users which leads to various problems in the game like the matchmaker full error message.
The ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error mostly occurs on peak gaming time for most regions which are after school and working hours.
While the game developers are doing everything to accommodate the huge volume of users, the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error still occurs from time to time.
Today, we are going to show you a few temporary workarounds on how to fix this issue until the developers can offer a permanent solution.
Let’s get started.
- 1. Check Among Us Servers.
- 2. Try Changing Your Server.
- 3. Join a Game With Fewer Players.
- 4. Use a VPN.
- 5. Restart the Game.
- 6. Make Sure You Have the Correct Code.
- 7. Check for an Update.
- 8. Reinstall the Game.
1. Check Among Us Servers.
Since connection and finding match errors on Among Us is mainly caused by their servers, the first thing that you should do is to check the status of their servers.
Head over to Innersloth’s Twitter account where they give constant updates regarding the status of their servers to verify if the problem is indeed on their side.
Do know we're super duper aware of the server issues, things are being done! In the mean time, please make sure you are playing in the correct region and are on the current v2020.9.9 !
— Innersloth (@InnerslothDevs) September 17, 2020
If this is the case, you can’t do anything else to solve the issue but wait for them to fix the problem on their side. Check their account for updates so that you would know if their servers are back and running.
2. Try Changing Your Server.
As mentioned above, the ‘Matchmaker is full’ error on Among Us is due to the large number of users playing all at the same time. Now, the workaround for this is to change your server to a different region.
There is a chance that fewer players are playing in other regions that have different time zones compared to your location.
- First, open Among Us on your device (PC, Android, iOS). On the main menu, tap on Online.
- Now, click on the world icon from the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Lastly, select another server from the list.
Once you’ve changed your server, try to join another room to see if you would be able to join without any errors.
3. Join a Game With Fewer Players.
Joining an almost full room would have a higher chance for the error to occur since most players would opt to join that room for a shorter waiting time.
To avoid the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error, scroll down to the bottom of the room list where fewer players are trying to join. Rooms with 1 to 3 players would be the ideal game to join. However, you have to wait for a little longer before the game starts.
4. Use a VPN.
Similar to Method 2, using a VPN service while playing the game would redirect your traffic to a server from a different region. With this, be sure to select a server on your VPN that is nearest to the Among Us server that you prefer.
Doing this would lessen the occurrence of server related eros since you are joining a region different from your timezone.
If you have no idea what VPN to use, check out our guide about VPN services that are not only effective in redirecting traffic but also helpful if you want to watch Netflix US outside the region.
5. Restart the Game.
One of the most effective ways to fix any application that is not working properly is to give it a restart. It is possible that Among Us has encountered an issue while you are playing, which causes the game to encounter errors.
If you are on a computer, you can restart Among Us by doing the following:
- First, close Among Us as you would normally do.
- After that, close the Steam Client.
- Now, open Steam once again and sign in to your account.
- Finally, open Among Us.
After restarting Among Us, try to join another game to see if you would still encounter the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error.
For Android users, follow the steps below to restart Among Us:
- First, exit the game as you would normally do.
- Next, swipe your screen upwards from the bottom of your screen until the application switcher appears.
- Lastly, locate Among Us from the list and flick it upwards until it is removed from the list.
Now, if you are using an iOS device that has an all-screen display, you can restart Among Us by simply swiping up from the bottom of your screen until the app switcher pops out. Locate the game from the list and flick it upwards until it is removed from the list.
On the other hand, if you are using an older device with a Home button, you can open the app switcher by pressing the Home button twice. Locate Among Us from the list and flick it upwards until the game is removed from the app switcher.
Open Among Us again on your device and try to join another game to check if the error would still occur.
Proceed to the next method below if you are still seeing the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error message on Among Us when joining a game.
6. Make Sure You Have the Correct Code.
If you are trying to join a private game with your friends, verify with the host if the passcode that he or /she provided is correct.
Once you are sure that the code is correct, go back to the room and enter the code carefully.
7. Check for an Update.
Among Us releases updates from time to time to address the issue related to their servers. If you haven’t updated the game for a while, it is best that you check for an update.
For computer users, check out the steps below on how to update the game:
- First, open Steam on your computer and sign in to your account.
- After that, click on the Library tab from the navigation bar.
- Finally, click on Among Us from the side menu and hit the Update button if available.
If you are using an Android device, you can update Among Us by doing the steps below:
- First, open Google Play Store from your home screen.
- After that, click the button with three horizontal lines on the search bar to open the side menu.
- Next, click on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, if an update is available, click on the Update button beside Among Us to install the update.
On iOS devices, follow the step-by-step guide below on how to update the game:
- On your device, tap on the App Store to open it.
- After that, click on the Updates tab from the bottom navigation bar.
- Finally, click on the Update button if an update is available for Among Us.
After updating the game, try to join another game once again to check if the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error would still occur.
8. Reinstall the Game.
If you can’t get anything to work, your last resort would be to reinstall the game all at once. Possibly, the game encountered a serious error or bug during an update or while in use which causes it to malfunction.
To ensure that you have a working copy of the game, try reinstalling it.
- First, open Steam on your computer and sign in to your account.
- After that, click on the Library tab from the navigation bar,
- Inside the Library, right-click on Among Us and hover your mouse on the Manage tab.
- Finally, click on Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the game on your computer.
Download the game once again on Steam and try to join another game to verify if the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error would still occur.
For mobile devices, you can reinstall Among Us by doing the following:
- First, tap and hold the Among Us icon from your home screen.
- Now, click on the Uninstall button to remove the game for Android Devices and tap the Remove App button for iOS.
- Lastly, go to the App Store for iOS and Play Store for Android to download the game once again.
Once you’re done reinstalling the game, open Among Us again. Try to join another room to check if the problem is already fixed.
This ends our guide on how to fix the ‘Matchmaker is Full’ error on Among Us. If you know other ways on how to address this issue, kindly share it in the comment section below. We would be glad to give you credit for the solution once we update this article.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂