Are you looking for a place nearby and want Apple Maps’ suggestions?
Apple Maps is continuously improving to give iOS users more features to explore and enjoy. To help users during this pandemic, it even added COVID-19 airport travel guidance and vaccination and testing sites.
If you are updated with Apple’s latest Keynote, they mentioned many upgrades to look forward to. For Apple Maps, the added features are a more detailed map, immersive walking instructions via augmented reality, custom-designed landmarks, and speed camera alerts.
iOS 15 looks like it will be worth the wait!
But perhaps one of the most favorite features of iOS users is the Nearby Suggestions. Apple Maps launched this in their iOS 9 updates. Similar to Google Maps, iOS users can get Apple Maps’ recommendations on places near you.
Without any further delay, let’s find out how to get Apple Maps nearby suggestions!
1. Use Your iPhone/iPad to Get Apple Maps Nearby Suggestions.
You have probably used Apple Maps on your iPhone whenever you travel. It’s the best option to access Apple Maps if you are always on the go and want a complete
Now, it’s easier to look for nearby suggestions on Apple Maps since they are categorized into different interests like movies, nightlife, sports, and more. Some categories include hotels, shopping centers, gas stations, coffee shops, restaurants, banks, pharmacies, convenience stores, etc.
To get Apple Maps’ Nearby Suggestions, follow the steps below:
- Start by launching Apple Maps on your iPhone or iPad. You can do this by using the Proactive Search on your home screen and type ‘Apple Maps‘, or simply tap the app’s icon on your device.
- Once you are on Apple Maps, click on the search bar.
- Next, you can browse nearby suggestions per category. Click the Category that you like to explore.
- Apple Maps will give you the nearby locations of the category that you selected. There are two view options: a List and a Map View.
- Finally, to get more information about the nearby suggestion of Apple Maps, you can click on the business or location name. It will tell you how long the drive is to get to the location, the address, and other available information about the business.
That’s it! You can always go back to the list of suggestions by tapping the X button.
2. Ask Siri for Nearby Suggestions.
Using Siri is an excellent option if you want a quick and hands-free search.
But before we get into the details of asking Siri for Nearby Suggestions, ensure that Siri is enabled on your device. To check, do the steps below:
- First, you have to launch the Settings app on your device.
- From Settings, scroll down and look for Siri & Search.
- Toggle on the Listen for “Hey Siri”, “Press Side Button for Siri”, and “Allow Siri When Locked”.
Now that you have turned on Siri, let’s ask Siri for Apple Maps nearby Suggestions!
- First, you have to activate Siri. There are three ways to do this:
- Activate using your voice and say, “Hey Siri!”
- Press and hold the Side button if you are using a device with a Face ID.
- Press and hold the Home button if you’re using older iPhones.
- Siri will appear once activated. Next, ask Siri for a nearby suggestion. You can be specific with what you like. For example, “Hey Siri, show me the nearby coffee shops.”
- Siri will list the nearby suggestions from Apple Maps.
- Then, you can select the location that you like. Siri will open the location details from Apple Maps.
If there’s a specific location that you want to find, you can count on Siri to give you the answer. Just remember to speak clearly so that Siri can understand you well!
3. Use Apple Maps on Your Mac.
Yes, you read it right! Apple Maps is also available on macOS. If you are using your Mac to search for places, you might as well use Apple Maps.
Here are the steps to search for nearby suggestions using your Mac:
- First, launch Maps by using the Spotlight Search or by going to Finder.
- After that, tap Go and then click Applications.
- On the homepage, you can already see the Find Nearby section. These are categorized for your convenience too.
- Next, click on the Category that you like to explore. Apple Maps will give you a list of suggestions.
- Finally, select the nearby suggestion that you want to discover. Apple Maps will give you information about the location.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to get Apple Maps nearby suggestions. We hope you will be able to explore more places near you! For any questions or concerns, just leave a message in the comment box below.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂