Are you facing difficulties with Apple Maps not working on iOS 15?
If you’re an Apple user, you must know the importance of Apple Maps. The app can literally save you from getting lost in areas you’re not quite familiar with. But ever since the new iOS 15 rolled out, many people are facing issues with their Apple Maps not working properly.
Several users are reportedly experiencing issues with the Maps app, such as voice output malfunctioning, the app slowing down or crashing, the inability to detect the current location, or Live Location Not Working. So if you feel like you’re in a similar situation, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we will cover this issue in detail, providing you with effective solutions. Follow the steps for each method carefully and fix the Apple Maps not working on iOS 15.
So, without further ado, let’s get started!
1. Restart Your iOS Device.
Our very first instinct to any app not working properly is restarting the phone. The same applies if Apple Maps is not loading. Sometimes, the background apps can interfere with the app and cause it to crash unexpectedly. Therefore, closing all background apps and restarting your device can fix your issue.
To do this, simply follow the steps below:
- Firstly, slide up and hold your finger for a few seconds until the App Launcher appears.
- Now, slide up to simply close all the running applications.
- Next, hold down the Side button for a few seconds until the Slide to Power Off screen comes up. Drag the slider to the right to power off your device.
- Then, hold down the Side button again to turn your device back on. You will see the Apple logo indicating that it is turning on.
This method should fix your Apple Maps. However, if you’re still facing the same problem, try the following method.
2. Enable Cellular Data or Wi-Fi for Apple Maps.
Apple users have the power to manage cellular data for each app individually. Sometimes, you may have accidentally turned it off for Maps, causing it not to show any results. However, if you already have it turned on, then the issue may be with the internet connection. Simply switch to Wi-Fi if you’re using cellular data or vice versa.
To enable cellular data for Apple Maps, follow these steps:
- Start by tapping on the Settings app.
- Next, tap on Cellular.
- Scroll down and check if cellular data is enabled for Maps. If not, simply toggle on Maps.
If cellular data was on for Apple Maps, then you may want to switch to Wi-Fi. Here’s how to do it:
- To begin, open the Settings app.
- Then, tap on Wi-Fi.
- After that, turn on the toggle for Wi-Fi.
3. Ensure Location Services is On for Apple Maps.
Similar to how cellular data must be authorized for each app, location services on Apple must be enabled for individual apps as well. If location services is not on for Apple Maps, it may be the reason why your Apple Maps is not working.
Follow the steps below to turn on location services:
- From Settings, go to Privacy.
- Then, tap on Location Services.
- After that, turn the toggle on for Location Services. If it was already on, skip this step.
- Scroll down to locate Maps and tap on it.
- Next, select While Using the App from the given options.
- After you’re done, close the Maps app and wait for a few seconds for it to refresh. Then, open it again and check if the issue is fixed.
5. Relaunch Apple Maps App.
Sometimes a software bug or glitch may prevent Apple Maps voice from working. If that’s the case, restarting the app may prove to fix this problem.
Here’s how you can restart the Apple Maps app:
- From your Maps application, swipe up and wait for a few seconds.
- An app preview will appear. Swipe up again to close the Maps app.
- At last, tap on the Maps app to open it again.
If you’re still facing the same problem, move on to the following method.
6. Ensure Apple Maps App is Up To Date.
Every update that Apple brings out for its apps tends to enhance users’ experience, fix bugs, etc. So, if your Apple Maps app keeps lagging or crashing, you may want to check whether you’re using the latest version of the app or not. If an update is available, simply install it to avail the newest features and get rid of glitches.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Firstly, find App Store on your device and tap on it.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon, which is present at the top right corner.
- Then, scroll down and look for Maps under Upcoming Automatic Updates.
- Lastly, tap on Update next to Maps.
Once the app has finished updating, open it and check whether this method has resolved your issue.
7. Set Date and Time to Set Automatically.
Having the correct date and time on your device ensures that all your phone’s functions are working correctly. So, if your Apple Maps app is misbehaving, check your phone’s date and time and set it to automatically if you haven’t already. This will save you from the trouble of setting your time manually every time you travel to another region.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Start by going to the Settings app.
- Then, tap on General.
- Now, select Date & Time.
- Finally, turn on the toggle for Set Automatically.
Once you’re done, relaunch the Maps app and check if it is loading and showing you the exact current location or not.
8. Reset Network Settings And Location & Privacy.
If you still haven’t found a fix for your Apple Maps not working on iOS 15 for any reason, you may try resetting Network settings along with location and privacy settings. By following this method, any random issue that is keeping your GPS connections or voice from working will be resolved.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Firstly, open up the Settings app.
- Now, go to General.
- After that, scroll down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Then, tap on Reset.
- A few options will show, select Reset Network Settings.
- Finally, a confirmatory message will appear. Tap on Reset Network Settings again. If this doesn’t fix the issue, choose the Reset Location & Privacy option as well.
This brings us to the end of the guide on how to fix Apple Maps not working on iOS 15. If you have any questions, feel free to utilize the comments section below to let us know. We will be happy to assist you further. Also, if this guide helped you, please share it with others.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂