Trying to sign in to your Apple TV on your Fire TV Stick but seem to be getting a sign-in endless loop before being shown as a “Verification Failed” error?
So the question is what can you do?
Well, there are a few reliable and working solutions which we have found to work personally and we will like to share it with you. 🙂
In this guide, we will try and help guide you step-by-step to fix the Apple TV sign-in issue on your Fire TV Stick.
Without further ado, let’s jump right in.
How to Fix Apple TV Sign In Issue on Fire TV Stick: 3 Ways
1. Restart Your Fire Stick.
Restarting your Fire Stick can be helpful in fixing the sign-in and verification failed issues especially if you’ve not done it already.
Here’s how to restart a Fire Stick:
- In your Fire Stick’s Home screen, scroll over the Categories and then Settings.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Next, from the list select to Restart.
- When the Restart confirmation screen pops up, click the Restart button again. You should now be able to see that Your Fire TV Stick is Powering Off screen.
Once your Fire TV Stick restarts, try to sign in to Apple TV again to see if the error persists.
2. Update Your Fire Stick.
This is the solution that worked for us.
The reason why your Fire Stick may have sign-in issues and Verification Failed errors is because the device has missed out on a series of updates.
Multiple updates may be pending for your Fire Stick and hence you will need to take the steps to make sure that your Fire TV Stick is caught up with all the updates until it shows ‘Your Fire TV is up to date’.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go into your Fire TV Stick’s Settings and then select My Fire TV.
- Next, select About.
- Then, select to Check for Updates. Now you should find that there is an update available for your Fire TV Stick to download and install. Proceed with the updating process by pressing Install Update.
- Now once the update has completed, try and restart your Fire TV Stick and then follow the steps from Step 1 to Step 3 again to do the same with any more pending updates until the screen shows up as Your Fire TV is up to date.
- Lastly, once you’re caught up with all the updates, try signing back into your Apple TV app and try again to see if the “Verification Failed” error has been fixed.
3. Factory Reset Your Fire Stick.
Some users over on the Apple Support forums have mentioned that trying to factory reset their Fire Stick managed to patch up the issue.
Here’s how you factory reset your Fire Stick:
- Go into your Fire Stick’s Settings and then select Device.
- Next scroll down and select Reset to Factory Defaults. If you have any sort of security pin that was set up, then you may be asked to enter it.
- Lastly, on the confirmation page, hit the Reset button once again to confirm. Once the reset is done, proceed to reinstall the Apple TV app once again onto your Fire TV Stick and try signing back in as this should do the trick.
4. Reach Out to Amazon Support.
If nothing above works out, then your best option to seek help would be to reach out to Amazon’s support directly
Simply head over to the Amazon Digital Services and Device Support page on your PC and then under What do you need help with? section, choose the Fire TV section.
Next from the left-hand sidebar, choose the Contact Us option to be directed to the Contact Us page. Here choose the Devices – Fire Tablet, FireTV, Echo, etc tab and then proceed to explain your issue in detail.
You can also just click on this Contact Us page link here to be redirected to there.
Expect to receive a reply within 1-3 days.
We hope that this guide has helped you provide some useful solutions to fixing Apple TV sign-in issues with Fire TV Stick. If you have questions, please feel free to leave a comment below and we will love to help you out. ❤
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂