Can’t figure out why apps are crashing on your Android device?
While developers make it a point to optimize applications for a wide range of devices, users may run into problems. Sadly, there’s no foolproof method to know where an app will run properly on a specific mobile device.
If you are here, we can assume that applications keep crashing on your Android device for unknown reasons.
This can be annoying since it stops you from using your phone normally. It can also affect the performance of your device since multiple prompts can pop up anytime on your screen.
In this guide, we will show you how to fix apps that keep crashing on your Android phone.
1. Restart Your Device.
Before doing anything, we suggest restarting your Android device first if you encounter random issues. This should allow your device to reload its resources and eliminate temporary issues that occurred during use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the Power button of your device and hold it.
- Once the popup menu appears, release the Power button.
- Tap on Restart and wait for your device to reboot.
Try using your device normally and observe if any app crashes.
2. Clear App Cache and Data.
One of the quickest ways to fix this issue on any Android device is to clear your app cache and data. A random error may have caused your app data to corrupt, explaining why applications kept crashing.
See the steps below to clear your app data:
- First, go to your app drawer and locate the application that keeps crashing.
- Hold down its app icon until the selection menu appears.
- Now, tap on App Info and go to the Storage tab.
- Lastly, click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Once done, go back to the app and see if it still crashes.
3. Update the Application.
The version of the app that is installed on your device might have an underlying issue that causes it to crash. If this is the case, we recommend updating the app to the latest version available.
Follow the guide to update your applications:
- Launch Google Play Store on your device.
- After that, tap on your Profile and access the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- From there, go to the Updates Available page and locate the problematic app.
- Hit the Update button beside the app to start the process.
Go back to the application afterward to check if the problem is solved.
4. Update Your System.
If updating the app wasn’t enough, try updating your device’s operating system. Your system might not be compatible with the app you’re running, causing it to encounter issues and crash.
See the steps below to update your system:
- Go to your app drawer and launch Settings.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Software Update.
- Finally, choose Download and Install or Check for Updates.
Restart your phone after the update and see if the problem is solved.
5. Reinstall the App.
You can also try reinstalling the problematic app on your device if it’s still crashing after the updates. This way, you can ensure that you have the latest working version of the app and that it is installed correctly.
Here’s how you can uninstall an app:
- Access your app drawer and locate the application you want to remove.
- Next, hold down its app icon until the options menu appear.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
Go to Google Play Store on your device afterward to reinstall the app.
6. Reset Your Phone.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is reset your phone. Some of your system data may have gotten severely corrupted and needs to be reset. Before doing this, make sure to perform a backup of all your data.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Start by accessing Settings on your device.
- Now, scroll down and tap on General or General Management.
- After that, tap on Reset.
- Finally, tap on Factory Data Reset and follow the prompts.
Once done, restore your backup and check if the problem is solved.
That ends our guide on how to fix apps that keeps crashing on your Android device. If you have questions or other concerns, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂