Were you wondering why your Bitmojis not working on Snapchat?
In 2016, Snapchat announced Bitmoji stories on their platform that let users create an animated version of themselves, and do many things with it. Seeing an animated version of yourself is just cool, and thousands of users are still using it today.
However, several users report issues with Bitmoji, and they can’t make it work. If you are among these users, keep reading.
Usually, an outdated version of Bitmoji and Snapchat are the cause of this problem. On the other hand, faulty servers and corrupted installation files could also be the culprit for Bitmojis not working on Snapchat.
Whatever the case is, we’re here to help!
This guide will show you what you need to do to fix Bitmojis not working on Snapchat.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Check Snapchat Servers.
- 2. Reconnect Your Bitmoji Account.
- 3. Check for Updates.
- 4. Reinstall Snapchat and Bitmoji.
- 5. Turn On Bitmoji Keyboard (iOS Device Only).
- 6. Try Fiverr.
- 7. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
1. Check Snapchat Servers.
As mentioned above, faulty servers could be the cause of this problem on Snapchat. To verify this, try to check the status of Snapchat’s servers using Downdetector. From there, you can view the current status of Snapchat and its activity for the last 24 hours.
Unfortunately, if their servers are having severe problems, we cannot do anything about it but wait.
However, if nothing’s wrong with their servers, the issue is likely on your device. See the next method below to address the problem.
2. Reconnect Your Bitmoji Account.
If Bitmoji suddenly stops working, the link between your Snapchat account and Bitmoji might have encountered an error. To fix this, try to re-link your Bitmoji account to refresh the connection.
- Open Snapchat and tap on the Profile icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- After that, tap on Settings and select Bitmoji.
- Now, tap on Unlink My Bitmoji.
- Finally, connect your Bitmoji account again.
After reconnecting your Bitmoji account, try to use it to check if it is now working correctly.
3. Check for Updates.
Incompatibility issues may occur when you run outdated versions of applications. Since Bitmoji and Snapchat need to be connected, one of the apps may be causing incompatibility problems on your device.
To fix this, make sure that you are running the latest version of Snapchat and Bitmoji.
On Android, you can update Snapchat and Bitmoji by doing the following:
- First, tap on the Google Play Store from your home screen to open it.
- After that, open the side menu by tapping on the Menu button on the search bar.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games to check for updates on all the apps installed on your device.
- Finally, tap on the Update button beside Snapchat and Bitmoji if there is an available update.
For iOS, see the step-by-step guide below on how to update Snapchat and Bitmoji.
- Open the App Store from your home screen and tap on the Updates tab.
- Doing this prompts your device to check for updates on all the applications currently installed on your device.
- If an update was detected, tap on the Update button beside Bitmoji and Snapchat to install the latest version.
Once done, go back to Snapchat and try to use Bitmojis.
However, if you are still having problems with Bitmojis not working on Snapchat, proceed to the next method below to address the issue.
4. Reinstall Snapchat and Bitmoji.
Snapchat and Bitmoji may have gotten corrupted while in use or during an update, which causes the problem. If this is the case, we suggest removing the app from your device and just reinstall a working copy.
This way, you can save yourself the tedious process of diagnosing and finding the corrupted files on your device.
On Android, you can reinstall Bitmoji and Snapchat by doing the following:
- First, locate Snapchat or Bitmoji from your home screen.
- After that, tap and hold on its app icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall to remove the app from your device.
Repeat this process until you’ve uninstalled Snapchat and Bitmoji. Now, launch the Play Store and reinstall both applications.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to reinstall Snapchat and Bitmoji.
- On your home screen, find Bitmoji and Snapchat.
- Now, hold down on its app icon until a pop-up menu appears.
- Lastly, tap on Remove App to uninstall the application from your device.
Do this process until you’ve uninstalled both applications. Afterward, open the App Store on your device and reinstall Snapchat and Bitmoji.
5. Turn On Bitmoji Keyboard (iOS Device Only).
After updating Bitmoji on your device, you can try using the dedicated Bitmoji keyboard. This way, you can use Bitmojis on any application and not just on Snapchat.
To do this, check out the steps below to guide you on the process.
- First, open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Inside your device settings, tap on the General tab to open it.
- After that, tap on Keyboard settings and select Keyboards.
- Finally, tap on Add A New Keyboard and select Bitmoji.
Once done, try to open your keyboard and see if Bitmojis are now working.
6. Try Fiverr.
Want to build your website or need a logo for your business? Try using Fiverr.
With Fiverr, you get an idea of how much the project would cost even before it begins. It has a secure payment option that only releases the funds to freelancers once you’ve approved the delivery of the project.
You can also sign up for a freelancer account if you want to earn extra income using your existing set of skills.
7. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
If none of the methods above worked for you, we recommend that you seek help from Snapchat’s support team.
Try to report the problem to Snapchat and see if they can offer a viable solution. When reporting an issue, try to include helpful information like your account details and the device you are using. This way, their support team can understand the situation and help you out faster.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Bitmojis not working on Snapchat. If you have other questions, kindly leave a comment below, and we’ll try our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂