Want to know how you can fix black screen issues on Epic Games?
Black screen issues on Epic Games are a known problem that plagued many Windows users in the past. This problem on the platform usually occurs due to incorrect display settings, restricting users from playing their games smoothly or even accessing their accounts.
Improper resolution settings are the common culprit for black screen issues on Epic Games. If your configuration does not match your monitor’s resolution, you might face black screens not just on Epic Games, but on other apps as well.
There’s also a possibility that your system is blocking Epic Games from accessing certain resources.
It is also possible that your graphics drivers are faulty or outdated, the Epic Games launcher is missing resources, or the version of Windows you are using has an underlying issue related to screen resolution and rendering.
To help out, we’ve listed down the most effective solutions for fixing black screen issues on Epic Games.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Check Epic Games Servers.
Whenever you encounter issues with Epic Games, the first thing you should do is identify where the problem is coming from. Since it is an online service, there is a possibility that its servers are offline for maintenance.
To confirm this, you can use Epic Games’ dedicated status page to check the current situation of the platform.
If there are ongoing issues with the servers, the best thing to do is wait. On the other hand, you can proceed to the next solution if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your Computer.
Before changing your configurations, try giving your computer a simple restart first. This should allow your system to reload Epic Games’ resources and eliminate temporary errors that occurred during runtime.
See the guide below to restart your computer:
- Access the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click on Restart to reboot your system.
Relaunch Epic Games afterward and see if you can access the user interface.
3. Update Your Graphics Drivers.
As we’ve mentioned faulty or outdated graphics drivers could also trigger black screen issues on Epic Games. Due to this, we suggest updating your drivers to the latest version to ensure that there’s no problem with your GPU.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, hit the Windows + X keys on your keyboard to open the Quick Menu.
- Click on Device Manager to launch it.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters tab and look for your video card.
- Lastly, right-click on your card and choose Update Driver. Follow the prompts to continue.
Once done, restart your computer to apply the changes and see if Epic Games will work.
4. Run Epic Games As Admin.
Simply running the Epic Games launcher as an administrator can resolve a lot of issues with the app. This should give the launcher full access to your system and bypass restrictions that prevent it from running correctly.
Here’s how you can run Epic Games as an admin:
- On your desktop, locate Epic Games and right-click on it.
- Now, choose Properties and access the Compatibility tab.
- Look for the ‘Run this Program as an Administrator’ option and enable it.
Apply the changes and relaunch the app to see if the black screen issue would still occur.
5. Change Your Screen Resolution.
Another way to address black screen issues on Epic Games is to change your screen resolution. Black screens can also occur if your display settings don’t match the supported resolution of your monitor.
While Epic Games is running, try playing around with the available resolutions for your display and see if anything works.
6. Update Windows.
You can also try updating your operating system if you still encounter black screen issues on Epic Games. This way, you can ensure that the problem is not caused by compatibility issues or outdated software.
Follow the steps below to update Windows:
- First, open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- After that, click on the Gear icon to access Windows Settings.
- Now, go to Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Locate the Check for Updates button and click it to initiate the update.
Reboot your system after downloading the update and see if Epic Games works.
7. Reinstall Epic Games.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is reinstall Epic Games on your computer. The app might not be installed properly or has missing or broken resources, causing it to malfunction.
Check out the guide below to delete Epic Games:
- On your computer, access the Start Menu and look for the Control Panel.
- Now, launch it and click on Uninstall a Progam under the Programs & Features tab.
- Locate Epic Games from the list and right-click on it.
- Finally, choose Uninstall to remove the app from your computer.
Go to Epic Games’ website afterward and download the latest installer.
That ends our guide on how to fix black screen issues on Epic Games. If you have questions, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll be glad to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂