Can’t figure out how to fix black screen issues on Halo Infinite?
Xbox Game Studios and 343 Industries have finally rolled out Halo Infinite last December 2021 after getting delayed for months. This will be the 16th installment of the successful Halo franchise.
Overall, Halo Infinite received mostly positive reviews on Steam for its Windows version. This is also the case on the side of Xbox gamers.
However, there have been some issues that have been plaguing the PC community.
Recently, many PC gamers have been encountering random black screen issues on Halo Infinite. The problem seems to occur mostly while launching the game, but there are users who encounter it while playing.
Based on what we know, black screen issues on Halo Infinite or any game are caused by corrupted game files or faulty device drivers.
On the other hand, it can also be due to faulty servers or system restrictions.
Today, we will show you what to do if you encounter black screen issues on Halo Infinite.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Check Game Servers.
Servers play a major role in any online game. It’s responsible for connecting players and delivering content to our screens. If you encounter black screen issues on Halo Infinite, it’s a good practice to check the game servers first.
You can do this by visiting third-party sites like Downdetector, where you can view the game’s current status.
If there are ongoing issues with the servers, the best thing to do is wait. Unfortunately, server-related problems can’t be fixed on your end. On the other hand, you can proceed to the next method below if the servers are working.
2. Restart Your PC.
Before changing your configurations, you should always start with the basics first. When you encounter problems on any game, try restarting your device first to see if the issue is just caused by a temporary bug or glitch.
Check out the guide below to reboot your Windows PC:
- On your computer, click on the Windows icon on the lower-left corner of the display to open the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the Power Options tab to access it.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your computer.
After restarting your PC, go back to Halo Infinite to check if the problem is solved.
3. Update Your Display Drivers.
Your video card needs to be in its optimal state when playing AAA games on your PC. If you encounter black screen issues on Halo Infinite, it may indicate that your GPU is not working correctly.
To fix this, see the steps below to update your graphics drivers:
- First, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard to open the Quick Menu.
- After that, click on Device Manager to launch it.
- Now, expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Lastly, click on Update Driver.
Restart your system afterward to apply the changes and go back to Halo to check if the problem is solved.
4. Check for Windows Updates.
Since Halo Infinite is a new title, you might need to update your system. The black screen issue on Halo could be due to compatibility issues with Windows and the game.
To rule this out, follow the guide below to update Windows:
- Launch Windows Settings on your computer by pressing the Windows + I keys.
- After that, go to Updates & Security and click on Windows Update from the side menu.
- Finally, click on Check for Updates.
After updating your system, restart your PC and go back to Halo Infinite to check if the problem is solved.
5. Verify Your Game Files.
Corrupted or missing game files could also be the reason for black screen issues on Halo Infinite. In this case, we recommend scanning your game files using Steam’s built-in tool to repair them.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your computer, launch Steam and go to your Library.
- After that, right-click on Halo Infinite and choose Properties.
- Finally, go to the Local Files tab and click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
Once done, relaunch Halo Infinite and check if you’ll still encounter black screen issues.
6. Reinstall Halo Infinite.
If you still encounter black screen issues after doing the solutions above, try reinstalling the game. This way, we can ensure that there are no corrupted or missing game files on your system and you have the latest version of Halo Infinite.
Check out the steps below to delete Halo Infinite on PC:
- Launch Steam on your Windows PC.
- Next, go to the Library tab and right-click on Halo Infinite.
- After that, point your cursor over the Manage tab.
- Finally, click on Uninstall to remove the game.
Restart your computer afterward and go to the Steam Store to reinstall Halo Infinite.
That ends our guide for fixing black screen issues on Halo Infinite. If you have questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂