Do you see a black screen on Disney Plus when playing a movie or TV show?
We all have a favorite Disney movie or TV show that has been a huge part of our lives growing up. As we grow old, we occasionally want to rewatch those shows, but it’s often hard to get a hand on old films online.
Thankfully, there’s Disney Plus. It is an on-demand movie streaming platform where you can watch the best Disney movies and TV shows. Titles from Marvel and National Geographic are also available on the app.
If you’re currently reading this, you probably have a hard time watching your favorite shows on Disney Plus due to a black screen issue.
Most of the time, a problem with the servers is the common cause of this issue. However, it can also be related to your device, third-party applications, or Disney Plus’ application files.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide in fixing the black screen on Display Plus when watching a movie or TV show.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney+ Servers.
Before changing anything on your device, you should always identify if the problem is on your end or Disney Plus.
To do this, you can use third-party sites like Downdetector, where you can check its servers’ current status and the past issues it encountered.
If the servers are down, the best thing to do for now is to wait. However, you can still try the remaining methods below to alleviate the situation.
2. Test By Watching Another Show.
There are times when Disney Plus shows encounter temporary bugs and may not be available for viewing. If you experience a black screen on Disney Plus, go back to the media library and play another movie or TV show.
This way, you can check if the problem is with the platform or the show you are trying to watch.
If you only experience the issue on a specific title, proceed to the final method below to report the problem to Disney Plus’ support.
3. Re-Login to Your Disney Plus Account.
For the most part, Disney Plus is stable, but occasional bugs can occur and cause your user data to be corrupt. If this happens, your current session would be filled with unexpected errors unless you refresh your data by signing out of your account.
On Android and iOS, you can log out of Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Now, tap on your Profile from the bottom navigation bar.
- Lastly, tap on Log Out.
For browsers, follow the guide below to sign out your Disney Plus account:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- After that, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to access the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on Log Out.
If you are using other devices, follow the steps below to sign out your account on all devices:
- First, open Disney Plus on your browser.
- Next, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar and click on Account.
- Lastly, click on Log Out of All Devices under the Account tab.
Once done, allow several minutes to pass before logging back into your account. Play another movie or TV show to check if the black screen issue on Disney Plus is fixed.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps for HD videos and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD. If your current subscription doesn’t meet the requirement, communicate with your service provider to upgrade your plan.
On the other hand, run a speed test using Fast.com to check if your network is running correctly.
Restart your network router if the result shows that your internet is running slow. Unplug your router’s power cable and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Once done, perform another speed test on your network to check if the restart worked. Report the problem to your ISP if your network continues to run slow.
5. Turn Off VPN.
If you are using VPN services on your device, turn it off before accessing Disney Plus. Some VPNs don’t work that well with other applications and interrupt your network’s flow causing connection issues.
VPNs also change your IP address randomly to keep your identity private, which can make it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus’ servers.
On the other hand, try using other VPNs like IPVanish if you don’t want to go online without protection. If you’re going to watch Disney Plus outside the US, please visit our dedicated guide to help you out.
6. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
Search browsers store temporary data on your device, which is used to improve their performance when loading up websites. However, caches and cookies can accumulate over time and get corrupted due to unexpected problems.
To fix this, clear your browser’s data to eliminate corrupted files. Follow the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, open your preferred browser and press the CTRL + H key on your keyboard.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data from the side drawer.
- Next, change the Time Range to All Time and include caches and cookies in the process.
- Lastly, click on Clear Data to start.
After deleting your browsing data, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
7. Disable Browser Extensions.
Extensions are third-party applications installed on your browser that provide additional features on the websites you visit. However, some sites are not compatible with browser extensions and may not work as they usually would.
If you have extensions installed, turn them off before using Disney Plus.
Follow the steps below to disable your browser extensions:
- First, open your browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Now, select Settings and click on the Extensions tab from the side menu.
- Lastly, turn off all your browser extensions.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the black screen issue is now solved.
8. Run Malwarebytes.
Do you experience other issues on your device? It could be suffering from a virus or malware attack. Viruses use all your system resources, affecting your device’s performance and the applications installed in it.
If you suspect that your device is infected, download Malwarebytes and run a full system scan. This will search your storage for any infected file and automatically remove it from your device with a press of a single button.
9. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
For Android users, you can try clearing Disney Plus’ app data if you encounter a black screen issue. Some of its application data may have gotten corrupted after a failed update or when the servers went down.
To clear Disney Plus’ app data, follow the guide below:
- On your Android device, open Settings and tap on the Apps tab.
- Find Disney Plus on the list of applications installed on your device and open it.
- Lastly, tap on Storage and select Clear Data.
Wait for the process to complete and go back to Disney Plus afterwards. Play another movie or TV show to check if the problem is solved.
10. Update Disney Plus.
Like any other platform, Disney releases frequent updates on their application to ensure that it is working on all devices and security patches are installed.
If you experience a black screen issue on Disney Plus, try to check for an update to fix the problem.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device and tap on the Menu button inside the search bar.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games to prompt the Play Store to check for updates.
- Lastly, find Disney Plus on the list and tap the Update button.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, launch the App Store from the home screen.
- Next, tap your Profile icon on the top right corner of your display.
- Finally, locate Disney Plus and tap the Update button.
If you are using a PS4, follow the guide below to update Disney Plus on your console:
- First, go to your PS4’s main screen and select Disney Plus.
- After that, press the Options button on your controller to access the side menu.
- Lastly, select Check for Updates and press the O or X button to continue. Follow the on-screen prompts to update Disney Plus.
If you are using other devices, visit Disney Plus’ Help Center and look for your system’s dedicated guide.
After updating Disney Plus, go back to your account to check if the problem is solved.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If the update did not work, you might be dealing with a much severe problem. Some of Disney Plus’s installation files may have gotten corrupted and are no longer fixable. In this case, we recommend removing the app on your device and reinstalling a fresh copy.
On Android, you can delete Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, find Disney Plus from your home screen.
- Now, tap and hold its app icon until the options screen shows up.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to uninstall Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, locate the Disney Plus app.
- After that, press and hold its app icon to open the selection menu.
- Finally, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
If you are using other devices, refer to the guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
After deleting the app, reinstall Disney Plus and log back into your account. Play another title on the platform to check if the black screen issue on Disney Plus is solved.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you still can’t watch your favorite shows on Disney Plus, we suggest that you ask their team for help.
Visit their Help Center and contact their customer support through live chat or phone. Ensure that you provide all necessary details, including your account information, the device you use, and the show you are trying to watch to help their team resolve the matter faster.
You can also browse the guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any solutions.
This wraps up our guide in fixing the black screen issue on Disney Plus. If you have questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂