Having trouble with Calendar search not working on iPhone?
Have an appointment to go to but can’t remember the exact date? Or maybe you have a travel plan or a conference coming up, and you just want to make sure the date on your mind matches the actual data of the event.
However, if you’re having trouble searching for even the most recent calendar events, this guide will help you resolve the matter.
So without any delay, let’s get right to it!
1. Relaunch the Calendar App.
If you’re unable to search for any event using the Calendar app, the easiest and quickest fix is to force close the app. Then, relaunch the app after a few seconds. This will remove any temporary bugs and glitches within the app.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of your screen and pause in the middle to access App Switcher.
- Next, swipe left or right to navigate to the Calendar app preview.
- Once there, swipe up to close the app.
- Now, launch the app from the home screen of your iPhone and see if this fixes your problem.
2. Restart the iCloud Access for Calendar App.
If the Calendar search functionality is not working as intended, an effective and quick fix is to restart the Calendar app via iCloud. This will resync all the Calendar data and allow you to look for any event by using the search option.
Below are the steps to follow:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- After that, tap on your Apple ID from the top.
- Select iCloud.
- Under the Apps Using iCloud section, tap on Show All.
- Now, look for Calendars and turn off the toggle next to it.
- When asked to confirm, choose Delete from My iPhone.
- Then, wait for a while and switch on the toggle again for Calendars.
Once done, allow your Calendar app to sync its data. Then, try searching for an event. The Calendar search not working on iPhone should be fixed now.
3. Ensure Calendar Sync Is Set Up for All Events.
Calendar events can be synced across all your devices as long as you’ve logged in your iCloud account to those gadgets. However, if there’s a syncing error, the Calendar app may not show a particular event on search.
So, ensure the Calendar sync is set up for all events by using the steps mentioned below:
- Begin by going to Settings on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on Calendar.
- Select Sync.
- Now, tap on All Events from the given options.
- Wait for a while before launching the Calendar app from your home screen.
- Choose the Calendars tab from the bottom.
- Pull down the screen from the top to refresh the app.
Now, check the Calendar search to see if it’s working. If it doesn’t work yet, relaunch the Calendar app and try again.
Otherwise, head to the next method from this guide.
4. Ensure All Groups Are Turned On.
Apple allows users to set up different calendars for home or work purposes. This is designed to keep all your events organized and in a single place. If you haven’t enabled all of the groups from the Calendar app, it may be the reason why the search is not showing the event from that particular group.
Therefore, ensure that all of your Calendar Groups are turned on by following the method given below:
- Open the Calendar app.
- Go to the Calendars tab from the bottom.
- Ensure that there’s a checkmark next to all the groups. If not, tap on the small circle next to the group to turn it on.
- Moreover, choose Show Declined Events and see all the events there.
After you’re done, try searching for an event to check if the Calendar search not working on the iPhone issue is resolved or not.
5. Restart Your Device.
A simple troubleshooting method that works for several iPhone issues is to reboot your device. This removes all the background apps, eliminates any random bugs and errors, and gives your device a new start.
So, follow the instructions below:
- Press and hold the Side button and either of the Volume buttons on your device to bring up the power off slider.
- Next, drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- Now, wait for a few seconds.
- To restart it, simply press and hold the Side button again and let go once the Apple logo appears.
- Head over to the Calendar app now and try the search option to see if rebooting your device has fixed the issue or not.
6. Update the iOS.
A bug in your iOS build may be one of the reasons behind the Calendar search not working. If that’s the case, updating your iPhone’s software is necessary to eliminate any such bugs.
Follow the steps below to do it:
- Go to Settings.
- Next, tap on General.
- Select Software Update and wait while Apple fetches for any pending updates.
- If there’s an update available, tap on Download and Install to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
7. Reset All Settings.
If none of the above-mentioned methods worked to fix your problem, one of your last options is to factory reset your iPhone. This will default all the saved settings and configurations of your device, which may have hindered the Calendar search from working properly.
Keep in mind that resetting all settings deletes your iPhone’s data permanently. So, sync your device before proceeding with this method.
Here are the steps you must follow:
- Head over to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Scroll all the way down and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Next, select Reset and tap on Reset All Settings.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to reset your device.
8. Contact Apple Support.
Your last resort is to contact Apple Support to find a fix to the Calendar search not working on the iPhone issue. You can either download the Apple Support app or head over to the Official Apple Support website to get professional help.
This concludes our guide on how to fix Calendar search not working on iPhone. In case of any confusion or question, don’t hesitate to use the comments section below. We’ll be more than happy to provide further assistance.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊