Is your call history not showing up on your Android device?
All Android phones keep a record of your recent calls, missed calls, and received calls. This comes in handy if you want to check the duration of your calls or want to know if you’ve missed any. However, it can be annoying to know that your device isn’t keeping or showing any call logs.
Recently, there have been multiple complaints from users who cannot view the call history on their Android phones.
Most of the time, this issue is just a glitch and can be solved by restarting your device. On the other hand, it can also be a much more serious problem, like faulty app versions, system errors, and corrupted data.
To help out, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to fix your call history if it’s not showing up on your Android device.
1. Restart Your Device.
To get started, we recommend restarting your device first if something isn’t working correctly. This should allow your system to reload its resources and eliminate temporary issues that may have occurred during use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Locate the Power button of your device and hold it.
- Once the popup menu appears, release the Power button.
- Tap on Restart and wait for your device to reboot.
Go back to the Phone app on your device and see if the problem is solved.
2. Check Filters.
Phone apps use filters so you can view call logs depending on their type. If you’re not seeing missed or received calls in the app, you might want to check the filter and set it to all calls or the specific call type you want to view.
See the steps below to guide you through the process:
- Start by launching the Phone app on your device.
- After that, go to the Recents tab.
- From there, tap on the Filter icon next to Search.
- Lastly, choose All Calls if you want to view everything or the specific call type you want to view.
Head to the next solution if the issue persists.
3. Clear Phone App Data.
Another way to solve this issue on your Android device is to clear the Phone app’s data. A recent system error may have caused your data to corrupt, explaining why your call history isn’t showing.
See the steps below to clear your app data:
- First, locate the Phone app from your app drawer.
- Press and hold its icon until the selection menu shows up.
- Now, tap on App Info and go to the Storage tab.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Restart your device afterward and see if the problem is solved.
4. Check Permissions.
One of the most common reasons your call history is not showing up on the Phone app on Android is that it doesn’t have permission to access your call logs. Due to this, we recommend checking your permissions and ensuring that the Phone app has access to your call logs.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your app drawer and find the Phone app.
- Next, press and hold its icon until the selection menu appears.
- Tap on App Info afterward and access the Permissions tab.
- Finally, tap on Call Logs and allow the app to access it.
Once done, go back to the Phone app, and you should see your recent call history.
5. See If You’re Using the Correct App.
One of the best things about Android is that it allows you to use a default application of your choosing. If you’re not using the default Phone app on your device, it is possible that your default configurations aren’t set correctly.
Follow the steps below to configure your default apps:
- Access your app drawer and locate the Phone app you’re using.
- Now, press down on its icon until the selection menu appears.
- Tap on App Info and locate the Defaults tab.
- Under the Calling App section, choose the application you want to use.
Restart your device and see if you can now view your call history.
6. Set Your Date & Time.
Many applications and websites won’t work correctly if your device’s date and time are not set properly. This is a security protocol that many developers implement on their platforms. If your call history is not showing up on your Android device, try checking your date and time settings.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- After that, go to General and tap on Date and Time.
- Finally, enable the Automatic Date and Time option or configure your settings manually.
Once done, go back to the Phone app to check if the problem is solved.
7. Update the Phone App.
The version of the Phone app you’re using might have an underlying issue, causing it not to record your call history. To rule this out, make sure that you have the latest version of the app installed.
See the steps below to update the Phone app:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- After that, tap on your Profile and access the Manage Apps & Device tab.
- From there, go to the Updates Available page and locate the problematic app.
- Hit the Update button beside the app to start the process.
Restart your device after the update and see if the update worked.
8. Update Your System.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is update your device. There might be an issue with the version of Android you’re using that is related to call history and call logs.
Here’s how you can update your system:
- Go to your app drawer and launch Settings.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Software Update.
- Finally, choose Download and Install or Check for Updates.
Once done, try using the Phone app again to check if the problem is solved.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix your call history if it’s not showing up on your Android device. If you have questions, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂