Can’t download media files such as images, videos, or any of your other creative assets on Canva?
Being one of the best web-based graphic design platforms, Canva is equipped with a lot of tools that help you create professionally designed flyers, business cards, and brand logos.
Creating designs on Canva usually goes smoothly and without any problems, but there are times where you can experience problems while using the platform.
If you are reading this right now, there is a good chance that you are having a hard time downloading media files on Canva.
Lucky for you, you have come to the right place!
Today, we are going to show you a few tips and tricks that you can do if you cannot download media files on Canva.
Before anything else, be sure to check Canva’s server status to see if the problem is on their side. However, if their servers are completely fine, head down below and try the solutions.
- 1. Log Out and Back Into Canva Account.
- 2. Turn Off VPN.
- 3. Try A Different Browser.
- 4. Reset Your Internet.
- 5. Make A Copy and Download Again.
- 6. Choose A Different File Type and Download.
- 7. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
- 8. Disable Browser Extensions.
- 9. Go for Canva Pro.
- 10. Contact Support.
1. Log Out and Back Into Canva Account.
If Canva is not working properly, it could be just a temporary error that has occurred to your account. Possibly, your browser could not establish a proper connection to Canva’s servers, which causes the problem when downloading files.
To ensure that this is not the case, try to re-login your Canva account to refresh its data.
- On your account, click on your Profile Picture at the top-right corner of the screen.
- After that, click on the Sign Out button.
- Finally, enter your account’s credentials once again and hit the Login button.
Now, try to download your media files once again to see if the problem is already fixed.
2. Turn Off VPN.
With the rise of technology and the internet, concerns regarding security and privacy have been in question for its users. People who want to make themselves safer while using the internet, use VPN services.
VPN services increase your security while using the internet by masking or hiding your original IP address with another one that is coming from their servers.
While this is great for security, it can hinder your browser from establishing a stable connection with Canva’s servers since VPNs randomly changes your IP address.
If you are having problems while using Canva, try to disable your VPN service and see if the issue goes away.
On the other hand, if you still prefer to use a VPN service, check out our guide about the best VPNs that you can use not only to protect yourself but also for watching Netflix US outside the region.
3. Try A Different Browser.
Browsers have different types of engines that run the code from various websites. These engines interpret the code written on a website and render it on our screen.
This means that a website may function and look alright on a specific browser, but work differently on another browser.
If you cannot download on Canva, try to use another browser like Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, which are likely to be optimized by developers.
4. Reset Your Internet.
An unstable internet connection can also prevent web-based applications from functioning properly. Since Canva is a web-based app, it cannot run properly if your network is running slow.
To verify this, try to perform a simple speed test using a third-party site like Fast.com. It is a simple tool that can measure your network’s upload and download speed.
If the speed test result comes out slow or far from the indicated speed bandwidth from your monthly subscription, try to restart your router.
Locate the power cable of your router and unplug it. Now, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back to turn it on. Once your router has restarted, perform another speed test to see if the problem is already fixed.
However, if you are still having issues with your internet connection, we suggest that you contact your ISP right away and report the problem you are experiencing with their service.
5. Make a Copy and Download Again.
For some unknown reason, the downloading issue on Canva can be resolved by making another copy of the file and downloading it instead of the original file. This could be caused by improper configurations that you have mistakenly changed while working on your design.
Nonetheless, check out the steps below to guide you around the process.
- First, open your account on your browser and click on ‘All Your Designs’ from the side menu.
- Now, hover your cursor to the design you want to download and click on the Options button.
- After that, click on Make A Copy.
- Finally, hover your cursor to the generated copy and click the Options button again. Click on Download and follow the on-screen prompts to continue with the process.
See if you can now download the file after generating another copy.
However, if you are still having a hard time downloading files from Canva, head down below, and try the next solution.
6. Choose a Different File Type and Download
If you are having problems downloading a specific file format, try to change things up. Instead of downloading an image with a PNG format, consider downloading it as JPEG or the other way around.
- On your Canva account, click on ‘All Your Designs’ from the side menu.
- After that, select the file that you wish to download.
- Now, click on the Download button on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Finally, choose another format from the drop-down list and hit the Download button.
Now, wait and observe if you are able to download the file with no errors.
7. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Cache and Cookies are data stored on your computer that improves your browsing experience. Over time, this data can accumulate and become corrupted. This will make your browser act up and not function properly.
To rule out this scenario, try to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- On your browser, press CTRL + H on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, ensure that ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ and ‘Cached Images and Files’ are marked checked.
- Finally, select ‘All Time’ from the Time Range tab and hit the Clear Data button.
Wait for the process to finish and try to download your file from Canva once again to see if the problem is already fixed.
8. Disable Browser Extensions.
Extensions on browsers is a great feature that adds functionality to other sites and helps improve your experience. However, if you are using an extension like a download manager, consider disabling it when using Canva as it can interfere with the web-based application.
- First, press ALT + E on your keyboard, followed by the S key to open Settings on your browser.
- Inside the Settings, click on Extensions from the side menu.
- Finally, disable any download manager extension that you are using.
Now, go back to Canva and try to download the file again to see if the problem is already fixed.
9. Go for Canva Pro.
If you haven’t considered getting the pro version of Canva, then you definitely should.
With Canva Pro, you get 24/7 customer support which can be extremely helpful when you encounter problems on the platform. Since you are a Pro user, it is their priority to resolve any problem you are encountering immediately.
Plus, you get features like the ability to upload your own fonts and logos, resizing images, image/video compression, multiple export formats, social media auto-posting scheduler, 100GB of storage, as well as access to over 75 million premium stock photos, videos, and audio.
Upgrade to Canva Pro now and level up your graphics design game! 🎨
10. Contact Support.
Finally, if none of the methods above worked in fixing your problem, it is best that you let the professionals handle your case.
Try to contact Canva’s support and report to them in detail the problem you are experiencing with their platform. When reporting the issue, remember to include important details like the search browser and device you are using and your account details.
This wraps up our guide on how to fix the downloading issue with Canva. If you know other ways on how to fix this specific issue, kindly share it in the comment section below. We would be glad to give you credit for the solution once we update this article.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂