Locked out of your account since you cannot load Facebook on your device?
Whether you are a regular user or not, Facebook has really been a part of our everyday lives. We use it to keep in touch with our loved ones, entertain ourselves with various media available on our news feed, and even expand our businesses on the marketplace.
However, if you cannot load Facebook, it can be a problem if you rely on it most of the time. Luckily, you are in the right place!
In this guide, we will show you a few ways to fix cannot load Facebook on your device.
Before starting with the actual methods, try to check Facebook’s servers first, as the issue could be related to their servers.
Now, if you are sure that the issue is on your end, head down below and try the suggested solutions.
Let’s jump right in!
- 1. Re-Login to Your Facebook Account.
- 2. Clear Your Browsing Data.
- 3. Turn Off VPN.
- 4. Disable Browser Extensions.
- 5. Update the Facebook App.
- 6. Reinstall the Facebook App.
- 7. Try Another Browser.
- 8. Check and Reset Your Network.
- 9. Use Tailwind.
- 10. Report the Problem to Facebook.
1. Re-Login to Your Facebook Account.
If you are having problems loading Facebook or your timeline, try to re-login to your account. This allows your connection with Facebook’s server to be refreshed and reload your account data.
If you are on a browser, follow the steps below on how to re-login to your account:
- On your computer, open your browser and access your Facebook account.
- After that, click on the Accounts button and select Log Out.
- Finally, enter your account details and re-login to your Facebook account.
On the other hand, if you are using an Android device, follow the step-by-step guide below.
- First, open the Facebook app on your device.
- After that, click on the Menu button and select scroll down to the bottom.
- Now, tap on Log Out.
- Lastly, enter your username and password and hit the Log In button to regain access to your account.
For iOS devices, check out the guide below on how to re-login to your account.
- On your device, tap on the Facebook app from your home screen.
- After that, tap on the Menu button and go to the bottom of the page.
- Next, tap on Log Out.
- Finally, input your login details and tap the Log In button to log back into your account.
Now, try using Facebook normally to see if the issue is already resolved.
2. Clear Your Browsing Data.
Your browser stores temporary data on your computer called caches and cookies, which are used to improve the overall performance of your browser. However, these data can get corrupted during use and cause problems with your device.
To fix this, simply clear your browsing data to eliminate all temporary data on your system.
- First, press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open your browser’s history.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, include ‘Cached Images and Files’ and ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ from the process.
- Finally, change the Time Range to ‘All Time’ and hit the Clear Data button.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to Facebook, and try using it normally to see if the problem is already fixed.
However, if you still cannot load Facebook on your device, head down below, and try the next solution.
3. Turn Off VPN.
If Facebook is not loading on your browser, try turning off your VPN if you have one running. While VPNs are great for security purposes, it can actually interfere with your network connection.
VPNs work by masking your original IP address with a dummy address generated by their servers. However, if your IP address changes randomly, your device would have difficulty establishing a stable connection with website servers.
To avoid this, turn off your VPN and see if you can load Facebook on your browser.
4. Disable Browser Extensions.
Extensions or plugins on your browser are third-party applications that add an extra feature to specific websites. However, if you start to have problems with other sites, then try to disable them and see if the issue goes away.
Check out the guide below on how to disable your browser extensions.
- First, launch your browser and open its settings.
- Now, click on the Extensions tab.
- Finally, turn off all of your browser extensions that are not related to Facebook.
5. Update the Facebook App.
If you cannot load Facebook on your mobile device, try to update the app. It is possible that the version you are running is no longer supported by Facebook and it is having a hard time communicating with its servers.
For Android users, check out the guide below on how you can update the Facebook app.
- On your device, tap on Google Play Store to open it.
- After that, tap on the Menu button to make the side menu appear.
- Inside the side menu, tap on My Apps & Games.
- Finally, tap on the Update button if Google Play Store detected an update for the Facebook app.
On the other hand, if you are on an iOS device, follow the steps below to update your Facebook app.
- First, open the App Store from your home screen.
- Now, tap on the Updates tab to open it.
- Lastly, if the App Store detected a possible update for the Facebook app, tap on the Update button beside it to install the update.
After updating Facebook, try to relaunch it to check if the problem is already resolved.
6. Reinstall the Facebook App.
Applications that are not working properly could be a sign that some of its installation files got corrupted during an update or while in use. In this case, the best thing that you can do is to reinstall the app all at once to get rid of the problem.
On Android, you can reinstall Facebook by doing the following:
- First, tap on the Facebook app on your home screen until the options screen appears.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to remove the application from your device.
- Lastly, go to the Play Store and install Facebook again.
Now, if you are using an iOS device, follow the guide below on how to reinstall the Facebook app.
- On your home screen, tap on the Facebook app until the pop-up screen shows up.
- Now, tap on Remove App and follow the on-screen prompts to uninstall Facebook.
- Finally, go to the App Store and reinstall Facebook.
Once you’ve reinstalled Facebook, try to use it normally to check if you are now able to load Facebook without problems.
7. Try Another Browser.
If Facebook is not loading on your default browser, try to change things a bit and use another browser. Browsers use different render engines, which interprets the codes written on a website differently from one another.
This means that a certain website might load without problems on one browser but won’t function normally on another browser.
8. Check and Reset Your Network.
Websites that refuse to load could be an indication that your network is running slow. To verify if this is really what’s happening, try to run a speed test using Fast.com.
Now, if your network is indeed slow, try to restart your router to re-establish a better connection with your ISP. Unplug your router’s power cable from the outlet and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Once your router has restarted, run another speed test to check if everything is running fine. On the other hand, if your network continues to run slowly, contact your internet service provider and have them fix the issue with their service.
9. Use Tailwind.
Do you use social media to promote your business? Try using Tailwind!
Tailwind is a social media tool that allows you to set scheduled posts for your Instagram and Pinterest accounts, depending on your preferences. Aside from that, it also has a SmartSchedule feature that automatically sets the best time for you to post a product to reach the most customers possible.
The tool also features a 1-Click Hashtag Suggestion that gives you perfect-fit hashtags to use on your posts.
Reach more customers faster with every post using Tailwind!
10. Report the Problem to Facebook.
If you still cannot load Facebook on your device, we suggest that you report the problem to Facebook and let them fix the problem.
Remember to include important information on your report as your account details, the device you are using, or the browser you use.
This brings us to the end of your guide on what to do if you cannot load Facebook. If you have other questions or concerns, leave a comment below, and we’d try our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂