Cannot log in to your Disney Plus account?
Disney Plus is an on-demand and ad-free streaming service developed by The Walt Disney Company. Its media library consists of popular titles from Marvel, National Geographic, Pixar, and Disney.
Although the app perfectly works, for the most part, there is one common issue that has plagued its users for a long time. If you’re reading this right now, it is safe to assume that you cannot log in to your Disney Plus account.
In most cases, this issue is caused by Disney’s servers, but it is also possible that your device encountered an error or the application is due for an update.
Given that there are multiple factors to consider, troubleshooting can be time-consuming, especially if it’s your first time dealing with this problem.
To help you out, we’ve decided to show you what to do if you cannot log in to Disney Plus.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Disney Plus is an online platform and needs its servers to deliver services to the users. However, if their servers are down, unexpected problems may occur on the app, or it may not work at all.
To check if faulty servers caused the log-in issue, visit Downdetector, where you can see the current status of Disney Plus as well as the past problems it encountered.
If the servers are down, the best option you have right now is to wait it out. On the other hand, you can still try the remaining methods below and hope that one of them works out.
2. Verify Your Credentials.
Before getting frustrated over the log-in issue on Disney Plus, make sure first that you are using the correct credentials. It is common for users to get their login credentials mixed up with another account for a different platform.
Now, once you’re sure that you have the correct account details, go back to Disney Plus and enter your username and password carefully.
Proceed to the following method below if you still cannot log in to Disney Plus.
3. Change Your Password.
If you’ve forgotten your account password or unsure if you have the right one, you can always reset your password. This also helps if you suspect that your account is being used by other people or just want to keep your profile secure.
To change your Disney Plus password, follow the steps below:
- First, open your preferred browser and go to Disney+’s log-in page.
- After that, enter your email address and press Continue.
- Select Forgot Password and access your email.
- Lastly, open the mail sent by Disney and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Go back to Disney Plus afterward and check if the problem is solved.
4. Sign Out Disney Plus On All Devices.
After changing your account password, you must log out of your account on all devices to ensure that no one can access it. Thankfully, Disney Plus has a dedicated page for this so that you can do it on a single device all at once.
Follow the steps below to sign out of Disney Plus on all devices:
- First, open your Disney Plus account on a browser.
- After that, point your mouse cursor to your Profile and click on Account.
- Lastly, click on Log Out of All Devices to log out of your Disney Plus account.
Once done, go back to your preferred device and re-login your account.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Streaming videos online can consume a lot of bandwidth. In this case, Disney Plus recommends a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to use their platform without issues. If your current plan is less than the required speed, coordinate with your local provider to upgrade your connection.
On the other hand, perform a speed test using Fast.com if your subscriptions go beyond the minimum speed, but your network is not performing well.
If the results confirm that your internet is running slow, restart your network router to re-establish the link with your ISP’s servers. Unplug the power chord of your router from the outlet for about 10 seconds. Plug back in the power cable afterward to restart your router.
Once done, perform another speed test to check if the restart fixed the issue with your connection. If you still experience network-related problems, report the problem to your service provider and ask them to improve their service.
6. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks are third-party applications that protect your data online. They work by changing your default IP address and filtering the data going out of your device to prevent hackers from obtaining them.
VPNs can also bypass restrictions on your region and by your ISP.
However, some VPNs don’t work that well with other apps and could interfere with how they work. Besides, they can also cause delays on your internet connection, making it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus.
If you have a VPN, turn it off before using Dinsey Plus. You can also try other services like PureVPN if you don’t want to go online without protection.
Unlike other VPNs, it does not interrupt your connection and works well with Disney Plus, Netflix, and other streaming services.
7. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
Browsers use temporary data called caches and cookies to speed up websites’ loading times and improve their overall performance. However, caches and cookies can get corrupted at any time and cause random errors on your browser.
If you cannot log in to Disney Plus, clear your browsing data to eliminate corrupted files.
Follow the steps below to delete your caches and cookies:
- First, open your preferred browser and click on the Options button.
- After that, select Settings and scroll down to Privacy and Security.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data and change the target Time Range to All Time.
- Finally, include caches and cookies in the process and hit the Clear Data button to start.
Go back to Disney Plus afterward and try to re-access your account.
8. Run Malwarebytes.
If you experience other issues on your device, your system could be infiltrated by malware and other viruses. Infected files can eat up your system resources and negatively affect your device’s performance and its applications.
To confirm if your device is infected, download Malwarebytes and run a full system scan. The app will automatically search your entire storage for viruses and remove them with a press of a single button.
9. Clear Disney+ App Data (Android).
Disney Plus stores temporary data on your device containing media files, scripts, and other necessary resources. This helps improve the application’s performance when loading up movies and other content.
However, this data can accumulate over time and get corrupted. If this happens, you can expect random errors to occur on the app.
To fix this, clear Dinsey+’s application data by doing the following:
- First, open Settings on your Android device and go to the Apps tab.
- Now, tap on Disney+ and open the Storage tab.
- Lastly, tap on Clear Data to remove corrupted application files.
Once done, re-launch the app on your device and check if you can now log in to your account.
10. Update Disney Plus.
Like any other application, Disney Plus needs occasional updates to keep it running smoothly on your device and to receive necessary security patches.
However, if you don’t update your applications regularly, the version installed on your device may not be supported by the servers anymore.
In this case, we suggest that you update Disney Plus on your device to fix the issue.
On Android devices, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, launch the Google Play Store on your device and access the side drawer.
- Next, tap on My Apps & Games to prompt the Play Store to check for available updates.
- Lastly, find Disney Plus from the list and hit the Update button.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, launch the App Store from the home screen.
- After that, open your Profile on the top right corner of your display to see the list of applications with available updates.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus to install the update.
If you are using a PS4, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following steps:
- On your PS4, access the main screen and find Disney Plus from the list.
- Select Disney Plus and press the Options button on your controller.
- After that, select Check for Updates.
- Lastly, press the O or X button to confirm and follow the on-screen prompts to update the application.
For other systems, proceed to Disney+’s Help Center and look for the specific guidelines for your device.
After updating Disney Plus, go back to the app and try logging in again to your account.
11. Update Your Device.
The current version of your operating system may not be compatible with Disney Plus, and your device’s manufacturer might have released an update to resolve the issue. If you cannot log in to your Disney Plus account, try updating your device.
On Android, you can check for a system update by doing the following:
- First, open the Settings app on your application drawer.
- After that, scroll down to About or About Phone.
- Lastly, click on Software Updates and follow the on-screen prompts to download the update on your device.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to update your OS:
- On your home screen, tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- Now, tap on the General tab and open Software Updates.
- Lastly, wait for your device to finish checking for an update and follow the on-screen prompts if there’s a newer version available.
If you are using a Windows PC, you can update it by following the steps below:
- First, open the Start Menu and click on the Gear icon to open Windows Settings.
- Next, click on Update & Security.
- Finally, click on Windows Update and follow the on-screen prompts to download the update.
On the other hand, visit Disney+’s Help Center if you don’t see your device from the list.
After updating your device, go back to Disney Plus and try to access your account.
12. Reinstall the Disney Plus App.
Disney Plus’ installation files may have gotten corrupted during a failed update or when the servers went down unexpectedly, and the update can no longer fix it. In this case, we suggest removing the app from your device and reinstall a fresh copy.
On Android, you can uninstall Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, unlock your Android device and find Disney Plus from your app drawer.
- Now, tap and hold its app icon until the options screen shows up.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall to delete Disney Plus.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to delete Disney Plus:
- On your device, find Disney Plus from the home screen.
- After that, press its app icon to access the selection menu.
- Finally, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
If you are using other devices, check out the guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
After removing the app, reinstall the Disney Plus app on your device and check if the problem is solved.
13. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
At this point, we suggest that you ask the experts for help if you still cannot log in to your Disney Plus account.
Contact their customer support to report the problem you’ve been experiencing on the platform. Provide all necessary information, including your account details, the device you are using, and a screenshot of the error to help Disney assess the situation faster.
This ends our guide on what to do if you cannot log in to your Disney Plus account. If you have any questions in mind, let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂