Are you wondering why you cannot log in to Upwork?
Upwork is one of the largest online freelancing platforms today, and hundreds of job listings are being posted every day. The platform is accessible through their website or by using the dedicated application for mobile devices and computers.
If you use the platform to get new clients or communicate with existing clients, it can be frustrating if you cannot log in to Upwork.
Most of the time, this problem is caused by their servers, which could be down for scheduled maintenance. However, other issues such as corrupted files, temporary errors, and outdated versions of the app could also be the reason why you cannot log in to Upwork.
Since the issue doesn’t point out a specific problem, troubleshooting can be confusing, especially if you have no idea where to start.
Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place!
This guide will show you what to do if you cannot log in to Upwork.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Upwork’s Servers.
Before making any changes on your device, try to check Upwork’s services status first as it could be the problem. You can visit their status page, where they show the current status of their servers.
If Upwork’s servers are having issues, the best thing that you can do for now is to wait.
However, you can still try the other methods below and see if anything works out to fix the problem with Upwork.
2. Change Your Password and Re-Login.
There are times when users forgot their passwords or changed them recently but still entering their old passwords. If you cannot log in to Upwork, try to reset your password to ensure that you are using your account’s most current credentials.
Check out the steps below to change the password of your Upwork account.
- First, open your browser and go to Upwork.
- After that, enter your username or email address and click Continue.
- Next, click on Forgot Password.
- Solve the captcha and click the Send Reset Email button.
- Finally, access the mail sent to your email address and follow the instructions to reset your Upwork password.
Once done, go back to Upwork’s login page and try to access your account.
3. Disable Your VPN.
If you are running VPN services on your device, consider turning it off when you encounter problems on Upwork or other websites. Some VPNs can cause delays and interruptions on your connection, which make websites malfunction.
To keep your connection secured, VPNs change your default IP address with a dummy one, which can make it difficult for your device to maintain a stable connection with Upwork’s servers.
Disable your VPN and see if you can now login to Upwork.
On the other hand, try switching to PureVPN if you prefer to have a VPN service running on your device. Unlike other VPNs, PureVPN keeps your connection stable while protecting your data from hackers and other entities.
4. Clear Your Browsing Data.
Browsers store temporary data in your system called cache and cookies. Your browser uses this data to improve its performance when loading up websites.
However, there are times when caches and cookies get corrupted and cause problems to the websites you access.
If this is the case, you can try clearing your browsing data to remove corrupted files from your browser.
- First, open your browser and press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data, which should take you to another page.
- Now, change the Time Range to All Time and make sure that caches and cookies are included in the clearing process.
- Lastly, hit the Clear Data button to begin.
Once done, go back to Upwork and try to re-login to your account.
5. Disable Your Browser Extensions or Try Another Browser.
If you are using browser extensions to manage your login passwords, try to turn it off when accessing your Upwork account. Some websites are not compatible with specific extensions and can interrupt the flow of the website.
To avoid this, simply turn off your browser extensions and try logging in to your Upwork account.
- First, access your browser and click on the Options button.
- Now, click on Settings and open the Extensions tab.
- Finally, turn off all your browser extensions.
On the other hand, you can also try using a different browser to access your Upwork account. Your default browser might be experiencing issues now, and it is struggling to connect with Upwork’s servers.
6. Check for Updates.
Developers release updates to address the problems that may have occurred on their applications. If you cannot log in to Upwork using the app, try to check for updates.
On Android, you can update Upwork by doing the following:
- First, open Google Play Store on your Android device and access the side menu.
- Now, check for updates by tapping on My Apps & Games.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Upwork to install the latest version.
If you are using an iOS device, check out the guide below to update Upwork.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to open it.
- After that, tap on your Profile icon from the top right corner of your screen.
- Lastly, scroll down and tap on the Update button beside Upwork.
Once done, go back to the app and try to log in to your Upwork account.
If you still cannot log in to Upwork, proceed to the following method to address the issue.
7. Reinstall the App.
You can also try removing the app entirely from your device and install a fresh copy of the app if the update did not work. Upwork’s installation files may have encountered a severe error and no longer fixable with an update.
In this case, try to reinstall the app on your device and see if the problem goes away.
On Android, you can reinstall Upwork by doing the following steps.
- First, open your device and find Upwork from the home screen.
- Now, press its app icon until you see the options screen.
- Finally, tap on Uninstall.
After deleting Upwork, go to the Play Store and reinstall the app.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to reinstall Upwork.
- On your home screen, locate the Upwork app.
- Now, tap and hold its app icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Lastly, tap on Remove App.
Go to the App Store afterward and reinstall Upwork.
8. Reset App Cache.
On Android devices, users can manage the resources of applications like the app data and app cache. If you cannot log in to Upwork using the app, try to clear your app cache.
App caches are temporary data stored on your device that helps applications perform faster. If it gets corrupted, you can expect that problems will start to show up on your device.
- First, open your device and tap on the Settings app.
- Now, scroll down and access the Apps tab.
- Open Upwork’s settings and tap on Storage.
- Finally, tap the Clear Cache button.
After clearing Upwork’s app cache, relaunch the application and try logging in to your account.
9. Check and Reset Your Internet.
If your network is unstable or running slow, your device may struggle to communicate with Upwork’s server and may fail to verify your provided login credentials. To check your connection, run a speed test using Fast.com to measure its current bandwidth.
Try to reset your router if the test result shows that your connection is running slow. Unplug your router’s power cable from the wall outlet for about 10 seconds before plugging it back in to turn it on.
Once done, re-run the speed test and see if the quality of your connection improved. However, if you continue to encounter your network problems, contact your ISP and let them know about the issue.
10. Try Using Fiverr.
Do you want to meet more clients? Check out Fiverr!
Fiverr is an online marketplace for digital services like web design, content creation, virtual assistance, and more. On Fiverr, you can meet hundreds of clients and offer bundled services to cater to their needs.
Fiverr has 24/7 customer support that is always ready to help you whenever you encounter problems on the platform.
You can also use Fiverr to hire other freelancers if you need help with your projects.
11. Contact Upwork’s Support.
If you still cannot log in to Upwork, we suggest that you visit their official support page.
You can ask the community about the issue where their support team is active in answering queries. Besides, other users may be able to provide helpful insight into the matter. You can also contact their customer service directly if you need to access your account immediately.
This sums up our guide on what to do if you cannot log in to Upwork. If you have other questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to accommodate them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂