Trying to figure out why you cannot post comments on Facebook?
Since anyone today has the ability to create a Facebook account, Facebook has a variety of privacy options available for each user. With this, you are able to control who can view your profile, select the users who can view your posts, and even disable the option to comment on your post.
On the other hand, if you cannot post comments on Facebook, there are several factors that may cause this. Most of the time, the problem is caused by a slow internet connection, but it can also be due to your browser extensions, VPN services, or a problem with Facebook’s servers.
Whatever the case is, we are here to help you out!
In this guide, we will show you a few ways to fix your account if you cannot post comments on Facebook.
Before anything else, check the status of Facebook’s servers first as the problem could be on their side.
However, if their servers are running normally, head down below and try the suggested solutions.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Re-Login to Your Facebook Account.
- 2. Clear Browsing Cache and Cookies.
- 3. Turn Off VPN.
- 4. Disable Browser Extensions.
- 5. Check for Updates.
- 6. Reinstall the Facebook App.
- 7. Try Another Browser.
- 8. Try Using Tailwind.
- 9. Report the Problem to Facebook.
1. Re-Login to Your Facebook Account.
Usually, if Facebook is not working properly on your end, it is caused by a temporary glitch that may have occurred on your account. Thankfully, this can be easily fixed by simply refreshing your account data.
To do this, simply sign out of your account and log back in.
If you are using a computer to access Facebook, check out the guide below.
- On your browser, access your Facebook profile and click the Accounts button.
- Next, click on the Log Out button under the Accounts tab.
- Finally, enter your login details and click the Log In button to re-access your account again.
Now, if you are using an Android device, you can do this process by doing the following:
- First, tap on the Facebook app on your home screen to launch it.
- Inside the Facebook app, tap on the Menu button from the top navigation bar.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and hit the Log Out button.
- Once you’re on the Log In page, enter your username and password.
- Lastly, hit the Log In button to regain access to your account.
On the other hand, if you are on an iOS device, check out the step-by-step guide below to guide you on the process.
- On your iOS device, go to your home screen and tap on the Facebook app to launch it.
- After that, tap on the Menu button from the bottom navigation bar.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and tap the Log Out button.
- Finally, enter your account credentials and hit the Log In button to reopen your Facebook account.
After logging back into your account, try to post a comment again to check if the problem is already fixed.
2. Clear Browsing Cache and Cookies.
Browser cache and cookies are temporary data stored on your computer locally, which are used to improve the performance of your browser when loading websites. However, these data could accumulate over time, and instead of helping your browser, it causes it to malfunction.
Since larger files are harder to load, your browser may struggle to function normally. To fix this, simply clear your browsing data to improve its performance.
- On your browser, press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard to open the History tab.
- Inside your browser’s history, click on the Clear Browsing Data button from the side menu.
- Now, a new page will appear on your browser. Make sure that ‘Cookies and Other Site Data’ and ‘Cached Images and Files’ are marked checked.
- Finally, click on the Time Range tab and select ‘All Time’. Hit the Clear Data button afterward to start the process.
After clearing your browser’s data, go back to Facebook, and try posting a comment to see if you would encounter any issues.
3. Turn Off VPN.
Using the internet on an unsecured connection means you are exposing yourself to hackers and other criminals who do illegal things online.
To avoid this, people are using VPN services to keep their information and browsing data secured. It works by masking your original IP address and redirects your traffic and data to their servers away from your location.
However, it can also cause instability to your network when running. Since it randomly changes your IP address, a solid connection between your browser and website servers is not established.
If you are having problems with Facebook, try to disable your VPN first and see if the issue goes away.
4. Disable Browser Extensions.
Extensions or third-party applications are programs installed on your browser to add additional features to certain websites. However, some of these extensions can be malicious and could cause your account to send out spam messages or comments.
To avoid this, try to disable your browser extensions before using Facebook.
- On your browser, click on the Options button at the right corner of your display.
- After that, click on Settings to open it.
- Inside the Settings, click on Extensions.
- Finally, disable your browser extensions.
Restart your browser once you are done disabling your browser extensions. Now, try using Facebook again to check if the problem is already fixed.
However, if you still cannot post comments on Facebook, proceed to the next method below to address the issue.
5. Check for Updates.
Running an outdated version of any application could pose problems along the way. This can cause incompatibility issues with your device and the application’s servers, which explains why you cannot post comments on Facebook.
In addition, outdated applications do not have the latest security patches and could expose your account to greater risks.
Try to update your Facebook app if you cannot post comments on Facebook.
For Android devices, you can update the Facebook app by doing the following:
- On your home screen, tap on the Play Store to open it.
- Now, tap on the Menu icon inside the search bar to open the side menu.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games.
- Finally, Google Play Store will automatically check for any update available to the apps installed on your device. If available, tap on the Update button beside Facebook to install the update.
On the other hand, if you are on an iOS device, follow the steps below to update the Facebook app.
- First, launch the App Store on your iOS device.
- Inside the App Store, tap on the Update tab.
- Finally, the App Store will automatically check any update available for the apps installed on your device. Tap on the Update button beside Facebook if an update is available.
After updating the Facebook app, try posting a comment again to check if the issue is already fixed.
6. Reinstall the Facebook App.
If a simple update could not fix the issue on Facebook, it is possible that the problem is within its installation files. Instead of figuring out what is wrong with the app, simply delete it from your device and install a fresh copy to fix the problem.
On Android devices, check out the step-by-step guide below on how to do this process.
- First, go to your home screen and hold down on the Facebook app until the pop-up menu appears.
- Now, tap on Uninstall. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the process.
- After that, open the Play Store and search for Facebook.
- Finally, install the app again on your device.
For iOS devices, you can reinstall Facebook by doing the following:
- On your device, tap and hold on the Facebook app until the Options menu appears.
- Now, tap on Remove App to uninstall Facebook.
- For the last step, go to the App Store and install the Facebook app again.
After reinstalling the Facebook app, access your account again and try commenting on a post to check if you are now able to do it without problems.
7. Try Another Browser.
If you are using Facebook on your browser, consider changing things a bit. It is possible that your browser is the one that is causing the issue on your account.
Search browsers use engines to render and interpret the codes on a website and display it on our screen. However, these render engines do not function the same way, and it is possible that a certain website may load without problems on some browsers but won’t function on another browser.
8. Try Using Tailwind.
Looking for a way to boost traffic on your social media page? Try using Tailwind.
Tailwind is a post scheduling tool for Instagram and Pinterest. It allows you to set scheduled posts depending on your preferred date and time. In addition, it has a SmartSchedule feature that automatically detects the best time to post a certain product or advertisement to get the most user traffic and customers.
Bring in more customers for your business by using Tailwind!
9. Report the Problem to Facebook.
Sadly, if you are reading this right now, it is safe to assume that none of the methods above worked out for you. If this is the case, we suggest that you let the experts handle your problem.
Report the problem to Facebook and have them fix the issue on your account. Keep in mind to include important information when reporting a problem, like your account details, the device you are using, and the exact post you are having issues commenting on.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix cannot post comments on Facebook. If you have other questions or concerns, let us know in the comment section below, and we will try our best to accommodate them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂