Want to see your favorite Disney shows, but you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus?
When it comes to on-demand movie streaming services, Netflix is still probably the best. However, they lack some titles, particularly Disney, Marvel, Pixar, and National Geographic shows.
This is where Disney Plus comes in. It is an online streaming service that would take you back in time with the best Disney movies like Monsters Inc, The Incredibles, and more.
Now, if you are here, these titles might be useless for you at the moment since you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus. Given that the subscription to the platform is quite pricey, it is understandable if you get frustrated when it is not working correctly.
Most of the time, server-related problems are the common cause of this issue on the platform. However, it can also be an issue with your device, third-party applications, or corrupted application files.
Since there are different angles to look into, troubleshooting can be overwhelming and consume a lot of time.
Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place. 😀
In this guide, we’ll show you precisely what to do if you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Whenever you encounter Disney Plus issues, the first thing that should always come to your mind is to check its servers. Given that the app is an online streaming service, it relies on its servers to deliver content to the users.
You can use third-party tools like Dowdetector to check the status of Disney Plus’ servers and the problems it has encountered for the last 24 hours.
If the servers are offline, you can’t do anything about it but wait for Disney to get things sorted out.
On the other hand, we also advise you to do the remaining methods and see if anything helps alleviate the situation.
2. Re-Login to Your Account.
Temporary errors may have occurred on your user data when the servers went down or during a failed update. In this case, we recommend signing out of your current session and log back in after a few minutes to refresh your user data.
On Android and iOS, you can sign out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- On your device, open Disney Plus and access your profile.
- After that, tap on your Avatar on the bottom navigation bar.
- Lastly, tap on Log Out to sign out of your Disney Plus account.
For browsers, check out the steps below to log out of your Disney Plus account:
- First, open your preferred browser and go to the Disney Plus website.
- Next, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the Log Out button.
If you are using other devices, follow the steps below to sign out your Disney Plus account:
- On your browser, go to the Disney Plus website and access the drop-down menu by pointing the mouse cursor to your Avatar.
- After that, click on the Account tab.
- Finally, click on Log Out of All Devices to complete the process.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your account. Try to play another movie or TV show and check if the problem is solved.
3. Change Your Playback Settings.
Most titles on Disney Plus are on HD resolution, which requires high-speed internet to watch without issues. If you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus, try to change your video playback settings to reduce your network’s load.
Follow the steps below to change your video playback settings:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Now, tap on your Avatar and open the App Settings tab.
- After that, tap on Wi-Fi Data Usage and change it to Save Data. Go back to App Settings and do the same for Cellular Data Usage.
- Finally, tap on Video Quality under the Downloads tab and change it to Medium or Standard.
Once done, play another show on Disney Plus to check if the problem is solved.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet.
If you still cannot watch anything on Disney Plus, it may indicate that your network is running slow. A minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps is required to enjoy the app without problems. Anything lower than that may result in videos that buffer or not playing at all.
To verify this, run a speed test on your network using Fast.com to measure your network’s bandwidth.
Restart your network router if the result shows that your connection is slow or unstable. This will allow your router to re-establish the link with your internet service provider’s servers.
After restarting your router, perform another test to check if your network is now running correctly. Contact your service provider if you continue to experience your network problems and ask them to address the issue.
5. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks or VPN are third-party tools that protect your online data from hackers and other entities. They work by masking your default IP address so that your online footprint won’t be traceable.
However, this process can affect your network’s performance and make it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus servers.
If you have a VPN running, turn it off before accessing the app.
On the other hand, you can also try using other VPNs, like IPVanish. Compared to other services, it works well with most applications and does not interfere with your network.
6. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies.
Caches and cookies are temporary data used by your browser to improve its performance and speed up its loading times. Unfortunately, this data accumulates over time and could cause problems to your browser and the websites you visit.
If you’ve been using your browser for a long time, clear your browsing data to free up some space and remove any corrupted files.
Follow the steps below to clear your browser’s data and caches:
- On your browser, open the Options tab and click on Settings.
- Now, go to Privacy and Security and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, click the checkbox next to caches and cookies and change the Time Range to All Time.
- Lastly, click the Clear Data button to start the process.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and try to watch another movie or TV show.
7. Disable Browser Extensions.
Browser extensions are programs that provide additional features on the websites you visit. However, not all sites are compatible with these extensions and could cause problems.
If you have extensions installed on your browser, disable them first before using Dinsey Plus.
Follow the guide below to turn off browser extensions:
- First, open your preferred browser and click on the Options tab at the top right corner of the window.
- After that, click on Settings and open the Extensions tab from the side drawer.
- Lastly, turn off all your extensions and restart your browser.
Go back to Disney Plus afterwards and check if you can now watch movies and TV shows on the platform.
8. Run Malwarebytes.
Viruses and malware could also be why you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus. If your device is attacked by malware and other viruses, it may not perform well, and the applications in it could malfunction.
To check if your device is infected, download Malwarebytes and use its complete system scan tool. This will search your entire system for infected files and automatically removes them for you without lifting a single finger.
9. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
If you are an Android user, try to clear Disney Plus’ app data if you encounter problems with the application. Some of its temporary data may have gotten corrupted and is now causing multiple issues.
To clear Disney Plus’ data, follow the guide below:
- On your Android device, go to the app drawer and open the Settings app.
- After that, open the Apps tab and find Disney Plus from the list.
- Now, tap on Disney Plus and access the Storage tab.
- Lastly, tap the Clear Data button to start.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
10. Update Disney Plus.
Disney releases frequent updates on their platform to keep it optimized for most operating systems and to patch any errors that may have occurred. Now, their team could already be aware of the issue and might roll out a patch to fix it.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following steps:
- First, open Google Play Store from your app drawer and tap the Menu button on the search bar.
- Now, prompt the Play Store to check for updates by tapping on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus to download the latest version.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store to launch it.
- After that, view the apps with available updates by tapping on your Profile.
- Finally, locate Disney Plus and hit the Update button to install the newer version.
If you are using a PS4, see the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- On your console, access the main screen and select Disney Plus.
- After that, press the Options button on your controller to access the side menu.
- Lastly, select Check for Updates and press the O or X button to confirm.
For other systems, proceed to the Help Center and look for the guide to update Disney Plus on your device.
11. Update Your Device.
A problem with your device could also be why you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus. Your operating system may have an issue with streaming videos online and needs to be updated.
On Android, you can update your device by doing the following:
- First, open the Settings app from your app drawer.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and open About or About Phone.
- After that, tap on Software Updates.
- Lastly, tap on Check for Updates and follow the on-screen prompts to install the update.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to update your OS:
- On your device, access the home screen and tap on Settings.
- Inside the Settings, tap on the General tab.
- Finally, tap on Software Updates and follow the prompts to update your operating system.
If you are using a Windows computer, you can update it by doing the following:
- First, open the Start Menu and click on the Gear icon to open the Settings.
- After that, click on Update & Security.
- Now, click on Windows Update from the side menu.
- Lastly, click on the Download button to install the latest version of Windows.
For other devices, head to your user manual and look for the steps to update your system.
After updating your device, go back to Disney Plus and try playing another movie or TV show.
12. Report the Problem to Disney.
If you still cannot watch anything on Disney Plus, we suggest that you let the experts take over.
Contact Disney’s customer support and report the problem with their platform. Ensure that you provide all necessary details, including your account information, the device you use, and the movie or TV show you are trying to watch.
You can also browse the guides from there and see if you can find anything that can help you out.
This ends our guide on what to do if you cannot watch anything on Disney Plus. If you have any questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂