Seeing a CE-33991-5 error code on your PS4 when connecting to your network?
If you love playing online games on your Playstation, you may find the CE-33991-5 error code very annoying. This problem on the PS4 occurs when you try to connect to your local network using a LAN cable or Wi-Fi.
The CE-33991-5 error code usually occurs after setting up your network connection or when accessing an online feature or game.
Based on what we know, offline or faulty servers are the primary reason for this problem on the PS4. However, it can also be related to corrupted system files, unstable network connections, or broken installation data.
Fortunately, you have come to the right place.
Today, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing the CE-3399-5 error code on your PS4.
Let’s get started!
1. Check PSN Servers.
Before making any changes to your Playstation, the first thing that you should do is identify if the problem is on your side or PSN’s servers. You can do this by going to Playstation’s dedicated page, where you can view the current status of its services.
If PSN is currently down, we recommend that you just wait for their team to address the problem.
However, if there are no problems with Playstation Network’s servers, you can proceed to the following method below to fix the CE-33991-5 error code on your end.
2. Restart Your PS4.
The first step that you can do to troubleshoot the CE-33991-5 error code on your PS4 is to restart its system. This way, you can ensure that everything is loaded correctly on your console and no broken or corrupted system files.
You can restart your PS4 by doing the steps below:
- First, press and hold the PS button on your controller until the Quick Menu appears on your display.
- After that, navigate to the Power tab.
- Lastly, click the Restart PS4 option to reboot your Playstation.
After restarting your PS4, try connecting to your network again to check if the CE-33991-5 error code would still occur.
3. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Since the CE-33991-5 error code on the PS4 points out an issue with your network, we suggest performing a speed test to see if the problem is really with your internet connection. You can do this by navigating to the Settings > Network and click on Test Internet Connection.
If the test indicates that the problem is on your network, restart your modem or router. Unplug its power cable from the outlet and let it rest for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in.
Once your router has restarted, run another test to check if the problem is solved. Contact your internet service provider if you continue encountering network-related issues on your PS4 and ask them to fix their service.
4. Restore Your PS4 to Default Settings.
You may have tweaked something on your PS4 and unknowingly set incorrect configurations, which causes the CE-33991-5 error code. If this is the case, we suggest restoring your PS4 to default settings to ensure everything is in order.
Follow the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, open the Settings page of your Playstation.
- Next, access the Initialization tab.
- Lastly, click on Restore Default Settings and follow the on-screen prompts to continue with the process.
After restoring your PS4 to stock settings, try connecting to your wired or wireless network to see if the CE-33991-5 error code would still occur.
5. Update Your PS4 Manually.
Your PS4’s current operating system may have an issue with network connectivity, which causes the CE-33991-5 error code when you connect to a wired or wireless network. To fix this, we suggest updating your PS4 manually.
Note: We don’t take any responsibility if something happens to your PS4 during this process.
Preparing the USB Update Drive:
- First, get a flash drive and plug it in on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Next, format the drive to FAT32 and create a folder named “PS4”.
- After that, make another folder with the name “UPDATE”.
- Go to Playstation’s official website using any browser and download the update file.
- Lastly, move the update file to the UPDATE folder on your flash drive and name it “PS4UPDATE.PUP”.
Updating Your PS4 in Safe Mode:
- Ensure that your Playstation is completely turned off.
- After that, insert the flash drive with the update on your PS4.
- Now, press the Power button of your PS4 for 8 seconds or until you hear a second beep.
- Connect the controller to your PS4 using the charging cable and press the PS button to activate it.
- In Safe Mode, choose the Update System Software option.
- Finally, select Update from USB Storage Device and follow the on-screen prompts to continue on the process.
After updating your PS4, try connecting to your network again to check if the problem is solved.
6. Contact Playstation Support.
If you still encounter the CE-33991-5 error code on your PS4, we suggest that you let the experts handle the matter.
Go to Playstation’s official website and get in touch with their customer support to ask for assistance. Depending on the situation, they can ask you to bring your console to the nearest service center so that they can check it properly.
Be sure to make an appointment before visiting any service center as they could be operating in a limited capacity due to COVID-19.
This brings us to the end of our guide for fixing the CE-33991-5 error code on your PS4. If you have questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂