Do you see a CE-34878-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5?
One of the most frustrating problems you could encounter on your Playstation is games and applications that refuse to launch. When this happens, you may see a CE-34878-0 error code indicating that the application encountered an issue while launching.
Now, there are several reasons as to why this happens on your Playstation. Your game files may have gotten corrupted, your hard drive could be going bad, or your console’s system is outdated.
Whichever the case is, we’re here to help you out.
Today, we will show you how to fix the CE-34878-0 error code on your PS4 or PS5.
Let’s get right into it!
1. Check PSN Servers.
Before tweaking your system settings, the first thing that you should do when troubleshooting an issue on your Playstation is to check the status of the servers. This way, you can identify right away if the problem is on your device or Playstation’s side.
Fortunately, Playstation has a dedicated page where you can view the current status of its services.
If PSN is currently down, we highly suggest that you just wait this one out since most server-related issues can’t be addressed on the user’s end.
However, if there’s nothing wrong with PSN’s servers, proceed to the following method below to start troubleshooting the error code on your Playstation.
2. Restart Your Playstation.
Your application files may have failed to initialize properly the first time you boot up your Playstation, which causes games and apps not to launch. In this case, we suggest that you restart your PS4 or PS5 to reload all of its resources.
For PS4 owners, check out the steps below to restart your device:
- While you are on the main screen, press the PS button on your controller until you see the Quick Menu.
- After that, use the D-Pad to navigate to the Power tab.
- Finally, select the Restart PS4 option to reboot your system.
If you use a PS5, here’s what you need to do:
- On your DualSense controller, locate the PS button and hold it until the Quick Menu shows up on your screen.
- Next, highlight the Restart PS5 option.
- Lastly, press the O or X button on your controller to continue.
Wait for your Playstation to reboot, then try launching another game to check if the CE-34878-0 error code would still occur.
3. Restore Your Licenses.
If you bought a game from the Playstation Store and it won’t launch, it’s possible that your game licenses got mixed up. This usually happens if you are transferring from one Playstation to another.
For PS4 users, you can restore your licenses by doing the following:
- On your PS4, access the Settings and go to Account Management.
- After that, click on Restore Licenses.
- Finally, click the Restore button to confirm your action.
If you are using a Playstation 5, see the steps below to restore your licenses:
- First, go to the Settings of your Playstation.
- Next, open User and Accounts and click on Others.
- Lastly, choose the Restore option to start the process.
After restoring your game licenses, go back to the main screen and launch a game to check if the problem is solved.
4. Re-Login Your PSN Account.
Your user data may have gotten corrupted due to random bugs and glitches the occur on your Playstation. When this happens, you could experience problems accessing online features and online games.
To fix this, re-login your Playstation Network account to reset your data.
For PS4 users, here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Settings of your PS4.
- After that, go to the Account Management tab.
- Finally, click the Sign Out button.
If you are using a PS5, check out the guide below to sign out your account:
- First, go to the Settings of your Playstation 5.
- Next, access the User Accounts tab and click on Other.
- Lastly, select the Sign Out button.
After logging out of your PSN account, wait for at least 5 minutes before signing back in. Once done, launch another game to check if the CCE-34878-0 error code would still occur on your PS4 or PS5.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
A slow internet connection could also be the reason why your games won’t launch. If you are accessing an online game, your network may be running slow, which causes the game to run into an error during launch.
Navigate to Settings > Network > Test Internet Connection to check the current state of your network.
If the test suggests that your network is slow or unstable, perform a restart on your modem or router to refresh the connection with your ISP’s servers. Unplug your router from the wall outlet and let it rest for 5 to 10 seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, rerun the test on your Playstation to verify if the problem is solved. If your network continues to run slow, contact your service provider and ask them to fix the issue.
6. Update Your Game.
The game you’re trying to launch could be outdated or has a problem with some of its installation files. If this is the case, you can fix it by updating your game to patch bugs and errors.
See the steps below to update games on your PS4 and PS5:
- First, find the game that you want to update on your home screen.
- After that, highlight the game using your controller and press the Options button.
- Lastly, select the Check for Update option.
After updating your game, try launching it to see if the error code would still occur.
7. Update Your Playstation.
If updating your games was not enough, you can also update your Playstation’s software to ensure that there are no problems with its system files.
For the PS4, you can update its software by doing the following:
- On your PS4, access the Settings and click on System Software Update.
- After that, select Update Now.
- Finally, click the Accept button to install the system update.
If you are using a PS5, see the steps below to update its system:
- First, access the Settings of your PS5 and click the System tab.
- Next, go to System Software and open the System Software Update and Settings tab.
- After that, click on Update System Software.
- Lastly, select Update Using Internet and follow the on-screen prompts to install the update on your Playstation.
Once done, launch a game to check if the problem is solved.
8. Reinstall Your Game.
If you still can’t launch your games and applications, we suggest reinstalling them. Your game and applications files may have gotten severely corrupted, and the update can no longer fix them.
Follow the guide below to uninstall games on your Playstation:
- On your Playstation, identity the games and applications that won’t launch.
- After that, highlight a game using your controller and press the Options button.
- Finally, select the Delete option on the side menu.
After removing the application from your system, insert the game disc or visit the Playstation Store to reinstall your games.
9. Rebuild Your Database.
Your Playstation builds a database on your hard drive, which helps identify the exact location of games and applications. However, your Playstation’s database could get mixed up after a while and cause issues on your console.
To fix this, try rebuilding your Playstation’s database. You can follow the steps below to guide you on the process:
- First, ensure that your Playstation is turned off.
- Next, press and hold your console’s Power button for 8 seconds or until you hear the second beep.
- After that, connect your controller using the charging cable and press the PS button to activate it.
- Lastly, choose the Rebuild Database option in Safe Mode and follow the on-screen prompts to continue.
Once done, go back to the game you are trying to play and see if the CE-34878-0 error code would still occur on your PS4 or PS5.
10. Report the Problem to Playstation.
If none of the solutions above worked out for you, we recommend seeking help from the experts.
Visit Playstation’s official website and contact their customer support to report the problem. When asking for help, make sure to provide your account details, the model of your Playstation, and the exact error code you encountered.
This will help their team analyze the situation faster and come up with the best solution for your concern.
That brings us to the end of our guide for fixing the CE-34878-0 error code on the PS4 or PS5. If you have questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂