Keep seeing a code 429 error on Apex Legends?
Apex Legends is an online multiplayer shooter where players are grouped in squads to engage in an all-out battle with other teams. Being an online FPS, one of the most important requirements of the game is a stable internet connection.
Aside from that, you also need a capable computer that can run the game smoothly to avoid getting a disadvantage from frame drops and lags.
Overall, the game is stable and works smoothly for the most part.
However, any game is subject to occasional downtimes and unexpected issues. One of the most common problems on Apex Legends is the code 429 error. Based on what we know, this issue occurs on PC, Playstation, and Xbox.
The code 429 error on Apex Legends is usually a connectivity issue. Your network could be running slow, or an unexpected problem occurred on the servers. On the other hand, the code 429 error can also be due to third-party programs, firewalls, and improper system settings.
Today, we will show you what to do if you encounter the code 429 error on Apex Legends.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Apex Legends Servers.
One of the first things you should check when you encounter the code 429 error on Apex Legends is the status of its servers. Since the error code indicates connectivity issues, the game could be having a hard time communicating with its servers.
You can visit Apex Legends’ Help Center to check the game’s current situation.
If there’s an ongoing issue with the servers, the best thing to do is wait for Apex Legends’ team to address the problem. On the other hand, head to the following solution below if there’s nothing wrong with the servers.
2. Restart Your Device.
When you encounter issues on Apex Legends, the first thing you can do is restart your system. A bug or glitch may have occurred on your device, causing games and applications to malfunction.
Restarting your device should reload your operating system and eliminate any temporary issues.
For Windows, see the steps below to restart your computer:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to access the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart.
On Playstation consoles, here’s how you can restart them:
- First, press the PS button on your controller to access the Quick Menu.
- Next, access the Power tab.
- Lastly, choose Restart PS4 / PS5.
If you are using an Xbox, follow the guide below to restart your console:
- Press and hold the Power button of your console for 10 seconds.
- After that, unplug your Xbox from the outlet.
- Finally, plug back in the power cable of your Xbox and turn it on.
Once done, go back to Apex Legends and check if you would still encounter the code 429 error.
3. Check Your Network Connection.
A slow or unstable network could also be the reason for the code 429 error on Apex Legends. To confirm this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
If there’s a problem with your connection, unplug your router from the outlet and let it rest for a few seconds. After that, plug back in your router to the power source to restart it. This should refresh the link between your modem and your ISP’s servers.
Once done, run another test to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your service provider, ask them to fix the issue.
4. Allow Apex Legends Through Your Firewall (Windows).
You can also verify if Apex Legends has access to your network by checking your firewall settings. Windows Defender Firewall is a security feature on Windows that controls the access of applications to your network.
Here’s what you need to do to check your firewall settings:
- First, access Windows Settings and click on Update & Security.
- After that, go to Windows Security.
- Next, click on Firewall & Network Protection and choose Allow an App Through Firewall.
- Lastly, ensure that Apex Legends has access to your Public and Private Networks.
Go back to Apex Legends afterward and see if the code 429 error would still occur.
5. Turn Off Your VPN.
VPNs or virtual private networks could also affect the quality of your connection. Virtual private networks make changes to your IP address and filter your data, which can introduce delays and instability.
If you keep encountering the code 429 error on Apex Legends, try disabling your VPN.
On the other hand, you can also switch to a much more reliable provider like PureVPN if you prefer using a VPN when online. Compared to other VPNs, it uses thousands of high-speed servers worldwide for a fast and reliable connection.
6. Reinstall Apex Legends.
If you still encounter the code 429 error on Apex Legends, we suggest reinstalling the game on your device. This should ensure that you’re using the latest version of the game and there are no issues with Apex Legends’ installation package.
For Windows users, follow the guide below to remove Apex Legends:
- First, go to the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Next, locate Apex Legends from the list.
- Lastly, right-click on the game and choose Uninstall.
On Playstation consoles, you can uninstall Apex Legends by doing the following:
- On your main screen, locate Apex Legends and highlight it using your controller.
- After that, press the Options button to access the side menu.
- Finally, choose Delete to remove the game from your console.
If you are using an Xbox, follow the steps below to delete Apex Legends:
- Access the My Games & Apps tab on your dashboard.
- Now, go to the Games tab and select Apex Legends.
- Lastly, press the Menu button and click Uninstall.
Reinstall the game on your device afterward and check if the problem is solved.
7. Report the Problem to Apex Legends.
At this point, the only option left is to report the issue to Apex’s team.
Visit Apex Legends’ Help Center and contact their customer support to ask for assistance regarding the issue. You can also browse the other guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions aside from those mentioned above.
This ends our guide for fixing the code 429 error on Apex Legends. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂