Do you experience connection problems on Roblox?
Roblox is an online game platform and creation system developed by Roblox Corporation. It allows you to make your own sandbox game or play other games or challenges by other users on the platform.
If you take a look at its mechanics and gameplay, you can easily compare it to Minecraft.
Overall, the game is pretty decent, and your experience will vary depending on the world and maps you will join. When it comes to performance, Roblox is reasonably stable aside from occasional downtimes.
After all, even the best triple-A titles encounter issues from time to time.
If you’re reading this, it’s safe to assume that you’re having connection problems on Roblox.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we will show you what to do if you can’t connect to Roblox servers.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Roblox Status.
Before tweaking or adjusting your system configurations, we highly suggest that you identify first where the problem is coming from. Since Roblox is an online game, the servers may be causing the connection issue.
To confirm this, you can use third-party services such as Downdetector to view Roblox’s servers’ status.
If the servers are down, the only option you have is to wait it out. On the other hand, you can proceed to the following method below if there’s no issue with Roblox.
2. Use A Supported Browser.
Roblox is mainly played using a web browser. This makes the game very accessible to everyone. However, not all web browsers are currently being supported by Roblox. If you encounter connection problems in the game, try using a different browser.
3. Allow Roblox to Your Firewall.
Windows Defender Firewall handles your application’s access to the internet. If Roblox is not allowed through your firewall, it cannot access the game servers, which causes connection problems.
To fix this, ensure that Roblox is allowed through your firewall. See the steps below to guide you through the process:
- First, access the Start Menu on your computer and look for Windows Defender Firewall.
- After that, open Windows Defender Firewall and click on ‘Allow an App or Feature Through Windows Defender Firewall’.
- Next, locate Roblox from the list.
- Lastly, ensure that the app is allowed through your Private and Public Networks.
Go back to Roblox afterward to check if you would encounter connection issues.
4. Check Your Connection.
A slow internet connection could also be the reason why you can’t connect to Roblox. You can confirm this by running a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download speed.
If the result indicates that the issue is on your network, reboot your modem to refresh the connection with your provider.
Once done, perform another test on your connection to check if it’s now running correctly. Contact your internet service provider if you continue to experience network-related problems and ask them to address the issue.
For users connected to a wireless network, ensure that your computer is receiving enough wireless signal from your router. You can try moving near your modem or using a dedicated LAN cable to reduce lags and interruptions.
5. Disable Ad-Blockers and Other Extensions.
If you still experience connection problems on Roblox, it could be due to your ad blockers and other browser extensions. Roblox displays advertisements on its website since the game is free-to-play, and it won’t work with ad-blockers.
Follow the steps below to disable your browser extensions:
- First, click the Options button on your browser and click on Settings.
- After that, go to the Extensions tab from the side drawer.
- Lastly, turn off all your extensions and restart your browser.
Once done, go back to Roblox’s website and check if you can now connect to the servers.
6. Make Sure the Required UDP Ports Are Opened.
Roblox uses various UDP ports on your network, which vary depending on your operating system. Currently, the game uses port range UDP 49152 – 65535. If you experience connection problems on Roblox, ensure that these ports are open on your network.
You can contact your network administrator or service provider and have them open this port range.
7. Change Your DNS.
Your ISP’s default DNS could be experiencing issues at the moment, which causes connection problems on Roblox and other sites. To fix this, you can use a different DNS in the meantime to keep your network stable.
Follow the steps below to change your DNS Settings:
- First, go to the Start Menu and search for ‘View Network Connections’.
- Hit the Enter key afterward to open your Network Connections.
- Now, right-click on your Network Adapter and select Properties.
- After that, double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Next, enable ‘Use the Following DNS Server’ and enter the following values:
Preferred DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Once done, click OK to save the changes.
Go back to Roblox afterward and check if the connection problem is solved.
8. Reinstall Roblox.
We recommend reinstalling the game on your system if you still encounter connection problems on Roblox after doing the steps above. Some of its installation files may have gotten severely corrupted and are no longer fixable.
Here’s how you can reinstall Roblox on your computer:
- On your computer, access the Control Panel and click on Uninstall a Program.
- After that, locate Roblox from the list of programs installed in your system.
- Finally, right-click on Roblox and choose Uninstall.
Go to their official website afterward to download the latest installer for your computer.
Try connecting to Roblox’s servers after installing the game to check you would still encounter network connection problems.
We hope that this guide helped you solve connection problems on Roblox. If you have questions, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂