Do you want to delete your Siri data from iCloud?
Siri was first introduced on iOS as a voice command program that allows you to perform specific tasks on your device without interacting with the screen. You can ask Siri to call your contacts, ask about the weather, and more.
As newer versions of iOS rolled out, Siri evolved from a simple voice command software to an all-around digital assistant that can interact with you in so many ways.
Who knows, maybe Siri can match Iron Man’s Jarvis in the future. 😀
Since Siri is getting more advanced, it can access more data, which is quite alarming for some users. However, you don’t have to worry since Apple gives you control over the data, which Siri collects.
If you are here, you’re probably trying to delete your Siri data from iCloud.
Luckily, you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we will show you how to delete Siri data from iCloud using your iPhone or iPad.
Delete Siri Data Through the Settings.
The simplest way to delete your Siri data from iCloud is through your iPhone or iPad’s settings. Using this method, you’ll be able to remove Siri’s online and local data. Your dictation history would also be cleared during this process.
You can follow the step-by-step guide below to help you out:
- First, open the Settings app from your home screen.
- Now, scroll down to the bottom and click on Siri & Search.
- After that, tap on Siri & Dictation History under the Ask Siri tab.
- Finally, tap Delete Siri & Dictation History and follow the on-screen prompts to continue with the process.
Once you’ve cleared Siri’s local data, proceed to the guide below to delete Siri’s data from your iCloud:
- Access the Settings of your device and tap on your Apple ID.
- Next, tap on iCloud and select Manage Storage.
- Go to the bottom of the page afterward and tap on Siri.
- Lastly, tap on Disable & Delete and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
After clearing your Siri data from iCloud, you might want to adjust some of your settings so that you won’t have to do the process above often.
Adjust Your Privacy Settings.
Clearing Siri’s data would surely help you protect your information and personal data online. However, this will not stop Siri from collecting your data again once you start utilizing its services.
In this case, we recommend that you follow all the steps below to ensure that your personal data remains private and secured.
1. Disable Siri Personalization Sync.
The first thing that you should disable is Siri’s personalization sync feature. If you enable this on your iCloud settings, your personal data can sync seamlessly across your Apple devices. This means that your search history from one device would also be present on your other devices.
However, if you don’t need this feature, we suggest turning it off to prevent Siri from recording your activities.
See the steps below to disable Siri’s personalization sync:
- First, access the Settings of your iPhone or iPad.
- Next, tap on your Apple ID at the top of the main page.
- Lastly, tap on iCloud and turn off Siri.
2. Turn Off Analytics.
Apple uses your audio interactions with Siri and Dictation for their analytics to improve your overall experience. However, this can be alarming for users who don’t want others snooping into their day-to-day activities.
If you are not yet aware of this, we recommend turning off this feature right away.
Check out the guide below to turn off Analytics on your iPhone or iPad:
- On the Settings, scroll down and tap on the Privacy tab.
- After that, go to Analytics & Improvements.
- Finally, turn off Improve Siri & Dictation.
3. Don’t Allow Third-Party Apps to Use Siri.
Some developers integrate Siri into their applications, which gives you the option to ask Siri to tweet, message, or search an email for you. While others find this feature very helpful, some users also feel that it threatens their privacy.
If you are not using this feature, you can turn it off completely by doing the following:
- First, go to the Settings of your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, tap on Siri & Search.
- Now, choose an app that you don’t want to give access to Siri.
- Lastly, find the ‘Use with Ask Siri’ option and turn it off.
4. Disable Siri’s Location Service.
Siri also tracks your location, which allows it to give restaurant suggestions, locate the nearest parking, and give you updates regarding the weather. This means that Siri and Apple know every place you’ve been during the time this feature is turned on.
If you are not comfortable with this, follow the steps below to turn it off:
- On your Settings, go to the Privacy tab and tap on Location Services.
- After that, scroll down and open Siri & Dictation.
- Lastly, choose Never from the option.
Now, Siri will no longer detect your current location.
How to Turn Off Siri Completely?
If you don’t really use Siri’s services on your iPhone or iPad, we suggest that you just leave it turned off at once. This way, you won’t have to worry about Apple tracking your activity, and you can use the free space on your iCloud for other things.
Here’s how you can turn off Siri on your iPhone or iPad:
- First, open the Settings app on your device.
- Go to Siri & Search.
- Switch off the options Listen for “Hey Siri” and Press Side Button/Home for Siri.
Once done, restart your device, and Siri will now be disabled. If ever you changed your mind, just follow the same steps above and turn on the feature.
This sums up our guide on how to delete Siri data from your iCloud. If you have any questions or other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them as soon as possible.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂