Want to know how you can address disappearing emails on your iPhone 13 Pro?
Emails are one of the most important forms of communication in our digital world. They make it easier for us to send messages, share files, and work together on projects, regardless of our location.
They are also essential for both personal and professional communication and play a big role in how to world functions.
However, it can be annoying if you encounter disappearing emails on your iPhone.
Now, there are several reasons why this happens.
For one, it can be due to incorrect mail configurations. On the other hand, there can also be a problem with the mail app on your iPhone, your software is not updated, or there’s an issue with the version of iOS you’re using.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide on how to fix disappearing emails on your iPhone 13 Pro.
1. Restart Your iPhone.
The first thing you can do if you encounter issues with your iPhone is to restart it. This should reload your phone’s resources and eliminate errors that may have occurred during runtime.
Here’s how you can restart your iPhone 13:
- First, press and hold the Side + Volume Up buttons on your iPhone.
- Once the ‘Slide to Power Off’ option appears, release both buttons.
- Drag the slider to the right until your display turns black.
Go back to the Mail app and see if you can now see emails in your sent folder.
2. Edit Mailbox Configuration.
Your inboxes in the mail app are grouped based on categories like All Inboxes, Sent, Unread, and more. If some of the groups are not showing up, you can check if you’ve mistakenly hidden them in mailboxes.
To fix this issue, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Mail app on your iPhone.
- After that, tap the Edit tab on the top right corner of your screen.
- This should display all the inboxes available for your email. Find the ones you can’t see, tick them, and tap Done.
Now, check the mailboxes tab and see if you can now view missing groups or folders.
3. Chance Your Sync Preferences.
Some users also encounter missing or disappearing emails on their iPhones due to improper sync settings. Possibly, your iPhone’s inbox only includes emails that have been synced within the previous 30 days.
To fix this, you should change your sync configuration to ‘no limit’. You can follow the steps below to guide you through the process:
- Go to your home screen and open the Settings app.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Mail.
- Head to Accounts and choose the email account you’re experiencing issues with.
- Scroll down and look for Mails Days to Sync.
- Finally, tap on the option and set it to No Limit.
Once done, go back to the mail app and see if you can now view the most recent emails on your account.
4. Remove and Add Your Account.
You can try removing the problematic email account from your iPhone and re-add it to refresh your data. Some users were able to solve missing and disappearing emails on their iPhones after doing this process.
If you want to try it out, here’s what you need to do:
- Head to your iPhone’s Settings.
- Scroll down and look for the Mail tab. Tap on it and go to Accounts.
- Now, select your email account and tap on it.
- Finally, tap the Delete Account option and follow the prompts. If you don’t want to remove your account, you can also toggle the switch beside the Mail tab.
Go back to the mail app and see if the problem is solved.
5. Update Your Device.
It’s also possible that the version of iOS you’re using has an underlying issue that is related to mail sync. To rule this out, we recommend updating your operating system to the latest version available.
Follow the steps below to update your iPhone 13:
- Unlock your device and look for the Settings app on the home screen.
- After that, launch Settings and go to General.
- Tap on Software Update afterward and see if there’s an available update.
- Hit the Download and Install button to update your software to the latest version. You can also enable the ‘Automatic Updates’ option to keep your iPhone updated all the time.
Once done, wait for your device to initialize and see if you can now see the latest emails on the Mail app.
6. Reset Your iPhone’s Settings.
You can also try resetting your iPhone’s settings if you still encounter issues with the Mail app. This should roll back any changes to your configurations that could be causing the issue.
See the steps below to reset your iPhone:
- First, open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Now, go to the General tab and tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Lastly, access the Reset tab and tap on Reset All Settings.
Relaunch the Mail app afterward and check if the problem is solved.
7. Check Your Network Connection.
The Mail app needs stable internet to update the emails it displays for your account. If your network connection is slow or unstable, you can encounter various issues while using the Mail app.
To confirm this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates a problem with your connection, restart your modem or router to re-establish the link with your ISP. Unplug your router from the outlet and wait for at least five seconds before reconnecting it.
Once done, re-run the test to check if the problem is solved. If not, contact your service provider and ask them if there are ongoing issues on their end.
8. Contact Apple Support.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is report the issue to Apple. Head to their support page and get in touch with their team to ask for assistance regarding the problem you’ve been experiencing on the mail app.
While waiting, you can also browse the guides on their support page and see if you can find other solutions.
That wraps up our guide on how to fix disappearing emails on your iPhone 13. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂