Is the Disney Plus app crashing on your device?
With the variety of movie streaming services available like Disney Plus, HBO Max, and Netflix, content consumption has never been more convenient.
One of the best ways to spend your free time after work is by streaming your favorite movies and TV shows online. So, you grabbed your favorite snacks and got ready to watch the latest shows on Disney Plus only to find out that you can’t.
If you’re reading this, the Disney Plus app on your device is probably crashing randomly, and you have no clue of what’s going on.
Based on what we’ve found out, a problem with Disney Plus’ installation files is often the cause of this issue. On the other hand, faulty servers or slow internet connection could also be the reason behind this.
In this guide, we’re going to show you the best methods for fixing the Disney Plus app if it keeps crashing on your device.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Disney Plus is an online platform that relies on its servers to deliver movies and other shows. If the platform is not working as it should, the first thing that you should always do is to check if the servers are up and running.
To do this, you can use third-party sites like Downdetector, where you can view the current status of Disney Plus and the past issues it encountered.
If the servers are down, we suggest that you just wait for Disney to address the issue.
On the other hand, proceed to the remaining methods below if the servers are running correctly.
2. Test By Watching Another Show.
If the Disney Plus app is crashing while watching a movie or TV show, the problem could be with the title you are playing. To check if the issue is isolated on a specific show, go back to the media library and try playing another title.
Proceed to the last method below if the issue only occurs on a particular title to report the problem to Disney Plus’ support.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Disney Plus is available on all major operating systems and some home entertainment devices. However, this doesn’t mean that all devices running these operating systems are compatible with the app.
Before subscribing to the platform, visit their Help Center and verify if your current device is compatible.
On the other hand, you can always use their online website if your system is not supported or consider getting a new device.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have encountered a temporary bug or glitch that causes the app to crash when watching a movie or TV show. To fix this, we suggest that you sign out of your current session and log back in after several minutes.
On Android and iOS, you can sign out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- After that, tap on your Avatar to access your profile page.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button.
If you are using other devices, check out the steps below to log out of your account:
- First, access your Disney Plus account using a web browser.
- Next, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to access the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the Account tab.
- Finally, click the Log Out of All Devices button.
Wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your Disney Plus account. Try using the app for several minutes and check if it will still crash.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network connectivity problems could also be why Disney Plus is crashing on your device. The platform requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to stream movies and TV shows without issues.
To check if your connection is the problem, perform a speed test using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
If the result indicates that your network is the problem, restart your router to re-establish the connection with your ISP’s servers. Unplug your router’s power cable and wait for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging it back in to restart your router.
Run another test on your network to check if the problem is solved. Contact your ISP to upgrade your current plan or ask them to fix their service if your network connection continues to run slow.
6. Turn Off VPN.
Virtual private networks are third-party applications that provide security over your home and local connection. They protect your data from hackers by making changes to your default IP address and filtering sensitive data like credit card numbers, bank information, and social media accounts.
Unfortunately, not all VPNs work efficiently and could cause interruptions and delays to your network.
If the Disney Plus app is crashing on your device, turn off your VPN first and see if the problem goes away.
On the other hand, you can also try other services like PureVPN if you don’t want to go online without protection. Compared to other VPNs, it doesn’t interfere with your network and works well with other applications.
7. Run Malwarebytes.
If you also encounter problems with other applications, your device could be infected by a virus or malware. Viruses can consume your system’s resources, including your bandwidth, and cause Disney Plus to crash.
Download Malwarebytes on your device and use its full system scan feature to search your entire storage for infected files. Malwarebytes will isolate the infected files and clean them if possible or remove them from your device.
8. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
Disney Plus’ application data may have encountered an unexpected error and caused the platform to crash. Thankfully, Android devices have the option to clear this data if applications refuse to work correctly.
Check out the steps below to clear Disney Plus’ app data:
- On your device, access the app drawer and tap on Settings.
- After that, go to the Apps tab and tap on Disney Plus.
- Lastly, open the Storage tab and tap the Clear Data button.
After clearing your app data, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
9. Update Disney Plus.
Like any application, Disney Plus needs occasional updates to keep it running smoothly for most devices. Updates also have security patches that protect your data and account from hackers and other entities.
If the Disney Plus app is crashing on your device, we recommend that you update the app to the latest version possible.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, access your application drawer and launch the Google Play Store.
- After that, tap on the Menu button inside the search bar to access the side drawer.
- Now, open My Apps & Games to view the applications with an available update.
- Lastly, locate Disney Plus from the list and tap the Update button.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, locate the App Store and open it.
- Next, tap on your Profile icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Finally, tap the Update button beside Disney Plus to install the latest version.
If you are using a Playstation 4, follow the steps below to update Disney:
- On your main screen, highlight Disney Plus using your controller.
- Now, press the Options button to access the side drawer and select Check for Updates.
- Lastly, press the O or X button on your controller to proceed.
For other devices like Fire Stick, Roku, and Smart TV’s, visit the Help Center and look for the specific guidelines for your system.
10. Update Your Device.
Your device’s operating system could also be the culprit for the problem with Disney Plus. Since the app runs on your operating system, an error or bug within your device may cause the Disney Plus app to crash.
To fix this, update your OS to the latest version to avoid compatibility issues and other problems.
On Android devices, you can update its OS by doing the following:
- Access the application drawer on your device and open the Settings app.
- Next, scroll down to the bottom and tap on About or About Phone.
- After that, tap on Software Updates.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen prompts to install the update on your device.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update your operating system:
- Unlock your device and open the Settings app from the home screen.
- After that, go to the General tab and tap on Software Updates.
- Finally, tap on Download and Install and follow the prompts to update your device.
If you are using a Windows computer, follow the steps below to update your OS.
- On your computer, open the Start Menu and click on the Gear icon to access Windows Settings.
- After that, click on Updates & Security.
- Lastly, click on Windows Updates and follow the on-screen prompts if there’s an available update.
For other systems, refer to your user manual or visit Disney Plus’ Help Center and look for the dedicated guide to update your device.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus.
The Disney Plus app on your device may not be installed correctly, which explains the problem. It is also possible that its installation files got corrupted when the servers went down and are no longer fixable by an update.
In this case, we recommend that you delete the current version on your device and reinstall a fresh copy afterwards.
On Android devices, check out the guide below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- On your device, locate the Disney Plus app and press its icon until the selection screen shows up.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to delete the app.
- Finally, go to the Google Play Store and reinstall Disney Plus.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- First, access the home screen and locate Disney Plus.
- Next, press its app icon to access the options menu and select Remove App.
- Go to the App Store afterwards and reinstall Disney Plus.
If you are using a different device, refer to the other guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
Re-login to your Disney Plus account afterwards and check if the app would still crash unexpectedly.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If the Disney Plus app is still crashing, we recommend that you visit the Help Center and ask their team for help.
Make sure to give all necessary information, including the device you use, your account details, and the show you are trying to watch to help their team address the problem faster. You can also browse the guides there and see if you can find any solutions.
This ends our guide in fixing the Disney Plus app if it keeps crashing on your device. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂