Do you see an error message that says ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ when accessing the website or app?
Disney Plus is an on-demand streaming service that allows users to watch shows from Pixar, Marvel, National Geographic Channel, and Disney. On top of that, the app also has popular titles from the Star Wars franchise.
Unfortunately, the app is not available worldwide, and certain regions can only access it for now.
If you access the app outside the supported regions, you would be welcomed by a ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error message.
However, this error can also occur even if you are within the supported area.
Most of the time, a problem with your service provider that reports the wrong location causes this issue. It is also possible that the error is within Disney Plus’ servers or third-party applications installed on your device.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide in fixing the ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error message.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
As mentioned above, this error message could be due to an internal problem on Disney Plus’ servers. To confirm this, you can use third-party tools like Downdetetctor.
It is a website that shows the current status of applications and websites like Disney Plus, Netflix, Facebook, and more.
If the servers are down, the best option you got for now is to wait until their team fixes the issue. On the other hand, you can still try the rest of the methods below and see if anything works out for you.
2. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Another reason for Disney Plus not to work on your device is compatibility issues. Although the platform is available on all major operating systems, this doesn’t mean that every device is supported.
Visit the Disney Plus’ Help Center and confirm if the device you are using is compatible with the app. If not, you can still access the platform using a browser or consider getting a supported device.
3. Re-Login to Your Account (Mobile Devices).
If you’ve been out of the country, your device can still report the last location you’ve been, which could be unsupported. To fix this, sign out of your current session and log back in after several minutes to reload your account data.
On iOS and Android, you can sign out your account by doing the following:
- First, unlock your device and access the Disney Plus app.
- After that, tap the Log Out button at the top right corner of your display.
- Lastly, restart the Disney Plus app and log back into your account.
For other devices, proceed to the following method below to address the issue on your device.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Your network connection may have encountered a temporary bug or glitch and reports a wrong location on your device. It is also possible that your internet is running slow, making it difficult for your device to connect with Dinsey Plus.
To verify this, perform a speed test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
If the result shows that your connection is the problem, re-establish the link with your internet service provider’s servers by restarting your router.
After restarting your network, perform another test to confirm if the problem is solved. Contact your service provider if the problem persists and ask them to address the issue.
5. Restart Your VPN.
If you are accessing Disney Plus in a restricted country or region, your VPN may not be working correctly. Virtual private networks allow you to report a different location on your device, which gives you access to regional applications like Disney Plus or Netflix US.
To learn more about this, visit our dedicated guide to access Disney Plus outside the US.
Now, to fix your VPN, simply restart the application and reconnect to a server in the United States.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
On the other hand, you can also try using other VPNs, like IPVanish. Compared to other services, it works well with applications like Disney Plus and Netflix. IPVanish also keeps your network stable for a smooth watching experience.
6. Clear Your Browsing Data.
Browsers store temporary data on your device, which are used to load websites faster and improve their overall performance. However, your browsing data accumulates over time and could get corrupted, causing random errors on websites.
To fix this, clear your browsing data to eliminate corrupted caches and cookies.
Follow the guide below to clear your browser’s data:
- On your browser, click on the Options button and access the Settings tab.
- Now, scroll down to Privacy and Security and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Click the Time Range tab and select All Time from the list.
- Lastly, ensure that caches and cookies are included in the process and hit the Clear Data button to proceed.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to Disney Plus and see if the problem is solved.
7. Clear Disney Plus App Data (Android).
Disney Plus’ app data may have encountered an unexpected error and caused the application not to work. It is also possible that the last location stored on your device is still in a restricted area, which triggers the ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error message.
To fix this, clear Disney Plus’ app data by doing the following:
- On your device, tap on the Settings app to launch it.
- After that, open the Apps tab and tap on Disney Plus.
- Lastly, access the Storage tab and tap the Clear Data button.
Once done, re-login to your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
8. Update Disney Plus.
The version of Disney Plus on your device may no longer be supported by the servers and restricts access to it. In this case, we recommend that you update the app to the latest version to avoid issues.
On Android devices, follow the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your app drawer, tap on Google Play Store to open it.
- Next, tap the Menu button inside the search bar to access the side drawer.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games and locate Disney Plus from the list.
- Lastly, tap the Update button to download the latest version.
For iOS users, check out the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- First, open the App Store on your device.
- After that, tap on your Profile to view the applications with an available update.
- Find Disney Plus from the list and tap the Update button.
If you are using a PlayStation 4, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- Access the main screen and select Disney Plus using your controller.
- Now, press the Options button on the controller to open the side menu.
- Finally, select Check for Update and press the O or X button to proceed. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the update on your console.
If you don’t see your device from the list, visit the Help Center and look for the guide to update Disney Plus on your system.
Go back to Disney Plus after the update and check if the ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error would still occur.
9. Update Your Device.
Applications receive updates occasionally to improve their overall performance. In contrast, your device’s manufacturer also rolls out updates to ensure that the latest applications would work on your device.
If Disney Plus is not working correctly on your device, try updating its operating system.
On Android devices, you can update their OS by doing the following:
- First, open your Android device and tap on the Settings app from the app drawer.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and open the About or About Phone tab.
- Lastly, tap on Software Update and follow the on-screen prompts to download the update.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to update your device:
- On your device, access the home screen and tap on Settings.
- Now, go to General and select Software Updates.
- Finally, tap the Download and Install button to update your device.
If you are using other devices, visit the Help Center and look for the specific guide in updating your operating system.
Once done, go back to the app and check if the ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error message would still occur.
10. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you are within the supported regions of Disney Plus but still getting the error message, we suggest that you contact their support through the Help Center.
Your account may have an issue that needs to be addressed on their end. Provide all necessary details, including your account information, the screenshot of the error, and the device you use to help their team assess the situation faster.
This ends our guide in fixing the ‘Disney Plus is only available in certain regions’ error message. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂