Is Disney Plus not loading on your device?
Disney Plus is slowly making its way to being one of the most popular on-demand movie streaming services. Ever since its release, many users have availed a premium subscription due to the number of popular titles on the platform.
Its library consists of popular titles from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars and National Geographic Channel, making the platform a must for every household.
If you are among the early subscribers of the platform, you probably know that the app is still not on 100%, and occasional errors could still occur.
Most of the time, this problem is caused by a problem with Disney Plus servers, or your network connection is running slow. Corrupted data and issues with your account should also be considered when fixing this error on Disney Plus.
Since there are many reasons why Disney Plus is not loading, troubleshooting can get confusing, especially without the proper guidance.
Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place.
In this guide, we’re going to show you what you need to do if Disney Plus is not loading on your device.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
When troubleshooting a problem on Disney Plus (and other apps), we always suggest that you start with the basics first. If Disney Plus is not loading, check the status of its servers if there are any issues.
Since the app is an online service, its servers are vital for keeping the platform available to all users.
To check Disney Plus’ servers, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that shows the current status of applications and the past issues they encountered.
If the servers are working fine, proceed to the following method below to address the problem on your end.
2. Try Watching Another Show.
If Disney Plus shows are not loading on your device, the problem could be with the movie or TV show you are trying to watch. Random errors can occur on the platform and cause other shows to run into problems and become unplayable.
To check if the problem is isolated to a particular movie or series, play a random title on the media library to see if the situation would be the same.
If only specific Disney Plus shows are not loading, proceed to the last method below to call the attention of Disney’s team.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Disney Plus is available on a wide range of systems, but this doesn’t mean that every device on the market is compatible. If Disney Plus is not loading, visit the Help Center and confirm if the app supports your current device.
If not, consider getting a compatible device or use your browser to access the platform.
You can also visit our other guides below if Disney Plus is not loading on your other devices:
- Disney Plus Not Working on NVIDIA Shield
- Disney Plus Not Working on Fire TV / Stick
- Disney Plus App Not Working
- Disney Plus Not Working on Roku
4. Lower the Stream Quality.
If you are having difficulties loading up shows on Disney Plus, your network may not be able to download the data from the servers fast enough. In this case, try lowering your playback quality to reduce the load on your network.
Check out the guide below to change the playback quality on Disney Plus:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Next, tap on your Avatar and access the App Settings.
- Open the Wi-Fi Data Usage tab and change the settings to Save Data. Go back to the previous page and do the same thing for Cellular Data Usage.
- After that, tap on Video Quality under the Downloads tab.
- Lastly, lower the download quality to Medium or Standard.
Once done, go back to the media library and try loading another show.
5. Re-Login to Your Disney Plus Account.
Unexpected errors may have occurred on your user data that caused your current session to run into problems. If Disney Plus is not loading, sign out of your account and log back in afterwards to refresh your user data.
On Android and iOS devices, you can sign out of your Disney Plus account by doing the following:
- First, locate the Disney Plus app from your home screen and launch it.
- After that, tap on your Avatar from the bottom navigation bar to access your profile.
- Lastly, tap the Log Out button to sign out of your current session.
For browsers and Windows, follow the guide below to log out of your account:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- Now, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar.
- Finally, click on Log Out.
If you are using other devices, see the steps below to sign out your account:
- First, launch your preferred browser and access the Disney Plus website.
- After that, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar and click on Account.
- Lastly, click the Log Out of All Devices button to complete the process.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your account to allow your data to reset.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
If Disney Plus is not loading, it may indicate that your network is running slow. The platform requires a minimum internet bandwidth of 5 Mbps to access the app without issues. On the other hand, a speed of 25 Mbps is required for playing 4K movies.
To check if your network meets the required speed, run a test using Fast.com to measure its upload and download bandwidth.
Restart your router if the test result confirmed that your internet connection is running slow. Unplug the power chord of your router from the wall outlet and plug it back in after 10 seconds to restart your router.
Once done, perform another speed test to confirm if your network connection is now running correctly. Report the issue to your ISP if the problem continues to occur on your network.
7. Turn Off Your VPN.
Disney Plus may not be loading due to third-party applications like VPNs. Virtual private networks are programs that protect your network from hackers and other entities. They work by making changes to your IP address and filtering the data going out of your device.
However, some VPNs don’t work efficiently and could slow down your internet connection, causing your device to have difficulties connecting with Disney Plus servers.
Before using Disney Plus, ensure that your VPN is turned off.
You can also switch to other VPNs like IPVanish if your current one keeps on giving you headaches. Compared to other services, it works well with most applications and keeps your connection fast and reliable.
If you are living outside the US, check out our in-depth guide on how to use Disney Plus in unsupported regions.
8. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
Temporary data called caches and cookies are used by your browser to load websites that you visit and improve their overall performance. However, caches and cookies can get corrupted over time and become a problem for your browser.
If Disney Plus is not loading, clear your browsing data to eliminate corrupted files.
Follow the steps below to clear your browser’s data and caches:
- Launch your preferred browser and press the Options button at the top right corner of your window.
- After that, click on Settings and scroll down to Privacy and Security.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Click on the Time Range tab and change it to All Time.
- Finally, ensure that caches and cookies are included in the process before clicking the Clear Data button.
Wait for the process to complete and go back to Disney Plus. Log back into your account and check if the platform will now load on your browser.
9. Run Malwarebytes.
Virus and malware could also be the reason for Disney Plus not loading on your device. Since viruses consume your system resources, there may not be enough for Disney Plus to run correctly.
To fix this, download Malwarebytes on your device and run a full system scan. This will search your entire storage for infected files, and the tool will automatically remove them from your system.
10. Update Disney Plus.
Application developers release updates on their apps to ensure that it is running correctly on all devices and errors are being patched up. If Disney Plus is not loading on your device, try checking for available updates.
On Android, see the guide below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, open the Google Play Store and access the side drawer.
- After that, tap on My Apps & Games to view the applications with available updates.
- Finally, tap the Update button next to Disney Plus.
For iOS users, follow the guide below to update the app:
- First, open the App Store from your home screen.
- Next, tap on your Profile.
- Lastly, tap the Update button beside Disney Plus to install the latest version of the app.
If you are using a Playstation 4, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following:
- On your main screen, find and select Disney Plus using your controller.
- Now, press the Options button to access the side menu.
- Inside the side menu, select Check for Update.
- Finally, press the O or X button on your controller to confirm the action.
Once done, go back to your Disney Plus account and check if the app is now loading.
11. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If updating Disney Plus did not work, we recommend that you reinstall the app on your device to eliminate any corrupted installation files.
On Android, you can delete Disney Plus by doing the following:
- First, open your app drawer and locate Disney Plus.
- After that, press and hold its app icon until the options screen shows up.
- Lastly, tap on Uninstall to delete Disney Plus.
For iOS users, see the steps below to uninstall Disney Plus.
- On your home screen, locate the Disney Plus app from the list.
- Now, press its app icon to access the selection menu.
- Finally, tap on Remove App.
If you are using other devices, refer to the guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
After removing the app, reinstall a fresh copy on your device and check if the problem is solved.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
For your last option, we recommend that you let the experts take over the troubleshooting process. Your account may need special attention on Disney’s end to resolve the issue.
Visit the Help Center and contact their customer support from there. When reporting a problem, make sure to provide your account details, the device you are using, and a screenshot of the error to help Disney Plus’ team address the situation faster.
You can also look for answers on the various guides in the Help Center.
This sums up our guide in fixing Dinsey Plus if it is not loading on your device. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll get back to you whenever we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂