Are you trying to figure out why Disney Plus is not working on your Android TV?
One of the best things about Disney Plus is that it has support for multiple platforms making the app accessible on any device. This means that you can watch all the shows on Disney Plus using your portable device and home entertainment system.
Unfortunately, many users across different platforms have been experiencing issues with the app, and Android TVs are no exception.
Most of the time, server-related issues are the common cause for Disney Plus not to work. However, network connectivity problems, third-party applications, and corrupted files should also be considered when addressing this error on the app.
If Disney Plus is not working on your device, keep reading because we’re here to help.
Today, we will show you the best methods for fixing Disney Plus if it is not working on your Android TV systems.
Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Whenever you experience problems on Disney Plus and other applications, the first thing that you should always do is check the servers. You can use third-party tools like Downdetector to view the current status of Disney Plus.
If the servers are down, we recommend that you simply step aside and let Disney troubleshoot this problem. Since server-related issues are not fixable on your end, any changes on your device won’t do anything to fix the servers.
However, you can still do the rest of the methods below to alleviate the situation if you really need to access Disney Plus.
2. Try Watching Other Shows.
If you cannot watch your favorite shows on Disney Plus, there’s a good chance that it encountered a temporary problem and became unavailable. To verify this, go to the media library and check if other movies and TV shows are working.
If other shows on Disney Plus are playing without issues, proceed to the last method below to call their team’s attention.
3. Lower the Stream Quality.
Another reason for Disney Plus shows not to work is that your internet connection struggles to load the video on your device. Given that streaming videos can consume a lot of bandwidth, your network should handle the demand to enjoy a smooth and hassle-free movie time.
Now, if shows on the app keep buffering or are not working at all, try lowering the playback quality to reduce your network’s load.
Follow the steps below to change the video stream quality on your Android TV:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your Android TV.
- After that, go to the side menu and open Settings.
- Now, access the App Settings tab.
- Lastly, change the Data Usage to Save Data or Moderate.
Go back to the media library afterwards and check if the problem is solved.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have encountered a temporary error due to unexpected glitches that caused Disney Plus to malfunction. To fix this, log out of your current session and sign in after several minutes to refresh your data.
Check out the steps below to log out your Disney Plus account on Android TV:
- On your Android TV, launch Disney Plus from the home screen.
- After that, open the side menu and click on Settings.
- Lastly, select the Log Out button and press the OK button on your remote.
Once done, allow 2 to 3 minutes to pass before logging back into your account. Try playing a few titles on the app to check if the problem is solved.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network-related issues could also be the culprit for Disney Plus not working on your Android TV. The platform requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to enjoy HD movies without issues and 25 Mbps for 4K UHD videos.
If your network doesn’t meet this requirement, unexpected problems can occur on the app.
To check your internet, run a speed test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download bandwidth.
Restart your router if the result indicates that your connection is unstable to fix the problem. Locate the power cable of your router and unplug it from the outlet for 5 to 10 seconds. After that, plug back in the cable to restart your router.
Once done, re-run the test on your network to check if the problem is solved. On the other hand, contact your ISP if the problem persists and ask them to fix their service.
6. Clear Disney Plus Cache and Data.
Like any Android app, Disney Plus also stores temporary data and caches on your Android TV to improve its performance. However, this data accumulates over time and becomes corrupted, which causes unexpected errors on the app.
If Disney Plus is not working on your Android TV, follow the steps below to clear its cache and data:
- First, open your Android TV and access the Apps tab.
- After that, find Disney Plus and press the Home/Ok button on your remote.
- Now, go to the Info tab.
- Click on Clear Cache and follow the prompts to clear Disney Plus’s caches.
- Lastly, click on Clear Data to complete the process.
Log back into your Disney Plus account afterwards and check if the problem is solved.
7. Restart Your Android TV.
Your Android TV may have encountered an unexpected problem, and its resources got corrupted. In this case, the apps installed on your device won’t function as they should unless you reload its operating system.
To do this, follow the steps below to restart your Android TV:
- First, get your Android TV’s remote and press the Power button.
- After that, unplug your Android TV’s power cable from the outlet.
- Now, wait for the lights to go off and plug back in the power chord.
- Lastly, press the Power button on the remote to restart your Android TV.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
8. Update Disney Plus.
Disney releases frequent updates on their platform to ensure that errors and other bugs get patched. Updates also ensure that the app is well-optimized for all devices that it supports and its security is improved.
If Disney Plus is not working correctly on your Android TV, try to check for possible updates.
See the steps below to update the app on your device:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- After that, search for Disney Plus.
- Lastly, tap the Update button if there’s a newer version available for the app.
Go back to Disney Plus after the update to check if the application is now working correctly.
9. Update Your Android TV.
Your Android TV’s operating system may have an issue that causes applications like Disney Plus to fail. If other apps also encounter problems on your Android TV, try updating its software to fix compatibility issues and any errors that may have occurred.
Follow the steps below to update your Android TV’s operating system:
- First, open your Android TV and press the Menu button on your remote.
- After that, go to Device Preferences and open About.
- Lastly, click on Software Update and follow the on-screen prompts.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus to check if the problem is solved.
10. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If the update did not help fix the issue, Disney Plus’ installation files may have gotten corrupted and are no longer fixable. In this case, we suggest that you reinstall the app on your device to eliminate corrupted files.
Check out the guide below to reinstall Disney Plus on your Android TV:
- First, open your device and access the Applications tab.
- Now, select Disney Plus and press the Ok button on your remote until the option screen shows up.
- After that, choose Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to delete Disney Plus.
- Lastly, go to the Google Play Store and reinstall the app from there.
After reinstalling Disney Plus, log back into your account and check if the app is now working correctly.
11. Reset Your Android TV.
At this point, the last thing that you can do on your Android TV is to reset it. Some of its settings and resources may have gotten corrupted due to unexpected errors that occurred on applications.
In this case, resetting your Android TV back to factory settings is the best thing to do. Follow the steps below to help you out:
- On your main screen, press the Menu button on your remote and go to Device Preferences.
- After that, scroll down to the bottom and click on Reset.
- Lastly, select Reset and follow the on-screen prompts to start the process.
Once done, reinstall Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
If Disney Plus is still not working, proceed to the following method below to call the attention of Disney’s team.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If none of the methods above worked, we suggest that you visit Disney Plus’s Help Center and get in touch with their customer support. Your account may have a problem that causes the app to malfunction and needs to be fixed on their end.
When asking for help, ensure that you include your account details, the exact device you are using, and a screenshot of the error to help their team assess the situation faster and provide the best solution for you.
On the other hand, you can also browse the guides on the Help Center and see if you can find any answers.
This ends our guide in fixing Disney Plus if it is not working on your Android TV. For your questions and other concerns, let us know in the comment section below, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂