Can’t watch movies on Disney Plus because it is not working on your Fire TV?
When Disney Plus was released, everyone was excited to add the new streaming service on their devices. The new platform features popular titles from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, and some National Geographic Channel originals.
If you’ve been a fan of on-demand movie streaming platforms, you probably have an Amazon Fire TV / Stick on your entertainment system. It is a convenient tool that turns your ordinary television into a Smart TV.
If you are here, you are probably having a hard time using Disney Plus since it is not working on your Fire TV / Stick.
Based on what we’ve found out, this is mainly caused by Disney’s servers encountering unexpected errors. However, network-related issues or corrupted installation files can also be the reason behind this problem.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide in fixing the Disney Plus app if it is not working on your Fire TV.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Before making any changes to your account or Fire TV, we should identify first if the problem is with your device or Disney Plus’ end. To do this, you can check the status of Disney Plus’ servers using third-party tools like Downdetector.
It is a website that shows the current situation of applications like Disney Plus, Facebook, Netflix and more.
Now, if there’s a problem with Disney Plus, we suggest that you sit this one out and wait for their team to address the issue. However, you can still do the rest of the methods below and hope that one of them works out.
2. Test By Watching Another Show.
If you are experiencing issues while watching a movie or TV show on your Fire TV, try to go back to Disney Plus’ media library and play another title. Some shows on Disney Plus encounter occasional problems and become unplayable for a while.
Proceed to the last method below if you only encounter the problem on a particular movie or TV show to report the issue.
3. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have gotten corrupted when the application encountered an error or when the servers went down unexpectedly. To fix this, log out of your current session and sign back in afterwards to refresh your account’s data.
Check out the steps below to help you out:
- On your Amazon Fire TV, launch the Disney Plus app.
- After that, access the side menu and open Settings.
- Lastly, select Log Out and press the Select button.
Once done, wait for 2 to 3 minutes before logging back into your Disney Plus account.
4. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Network related problems could also be why the Disney Plus app is not working on your Fire TV. Disney Plus requires a minimum bandwidth of 5 Mbps for you to enjoy its services without issues.
To check if your network meets the required speed, run a test using Fast.com to measure your connection’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the result shows that your network is the problem, restart your router to re-establish the connection with your ISP.
On the other hand, consider upgrading your current plan if it doesn’t meet the required network speed or ask your ISP to fix their service.
5. Restart the Fire Stick.
A temporary bug or glitch may have occurred on your Amazon Fire Stick that causes Disney Plus and other applications to encounter problems. To fix this, reload your device’ operating system by restarting your device.
See the steps below to restart your Amazon Fire TV:
- First, go to your home screen and access the Settings.
- After that, open the Device tab.
- Lastly, select Restart from the list and wait for your Fire TV to reboot.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the app is already working on your Fire TV / Stick.
6. Clear Disney Plus Cache and Data.
Disney Plus saves temporary data on your Fire TV that are called caches and cookies. These data are used to improve the overall performance of the Disney Plus app. However, this temporary data accumulates over time and could get corrupted.
To fix this, follow the steps below to clear Disney Plus’ cache and data:
- First, open the Settings on your Amazon Fire TV / Stick.
- After that, go to Applications and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Lastly, choose Disney Plus from the list and click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Re-login to your Disney Plus account afterwards and check if the app is now working on your Amazon Fire TV / Stick.
7. Update Disney Plus App.
Disney releases frequent updates on their application to ensure that it works smoothly on most devices and errors are being patched. If you haven’t updated the app on your Fire TV / Stick, try to check for possible updates to address the issue.
Follow the guide below to update the Disney Plus app on your device:
- First, open your main screen and find Disney Plus from the list.
- After that, highlight the app and press the Menu button on your remote.
- Now, select More Info from the pop-up menu.
- Lastly, select Update if there’s a newer version available.
Once done, go back to the Disney Plus app and check if it is now working on your device.
8. Update Your Fire TV / Stick.
Your Amazon Fire TV’s system may have an underlying issue that causes applications like Disney Plus to run into errors. To fix this, try updating your operating system to the latest version to patch up the problem.
Check out the steps below to update your Amazon Fire TV:
- First, access the Settings page and open My Fire TV.
- After that, click on About and select Check for Updates.
- Lastly, click on Install Update and follow the on-screen prompts to update your Fire TV’s OS.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
9. Reinstall Disney App.
If the Disney Plus app is still not working on your Fire TV / Stick, we suggest reinstalling the app on your device. Some error may have occurred on your installation files and caused the Disney Plus app to malfunction.
To uninstall Disney Plus on your Amazon Fire TV / Stick, follow the guide below:
- First, open the Settings app on your Amazon Fire device.
- After that, go to the Applications tab and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Lastly, select Disney Plus from the list and choose Uninstall. Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the app from your device.
Once done, reinstall the Disney Plus app and check if the problem is solved.
10. Reset Your Fire TV / Stick.
You can also try resetting your Fire TV back to factory defaults if you experience issues with Disney Plus and other applications. You may have set the wrong configurations on your device and caused applications to malfunction.
To reset your Amazon Fire TV, follow the guide below:
- First, make sure that you’ve ejected any storage device that is connected to your Fire TV.
- After that, press and hold the Back and Right button on your remote.
- Lastly, select Continue to reset your device.
Once done, reinstall the Disney Plus app on your device to check if the problem is solved.
11. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
At this point, we suggest that you ask the help of the professionals if Disney Plus is still not working on your Fire TV.
Go to Disney Plus’ Help Center and contact their customer support through chat, phone, or social media. If possible, provide the necessary details, including your account details and the device you are using, making it easier for their team to understand the situation.
You can also go through the Help Centre’s various guides and see if you can find any answers.
We hope that one of the methods above helped you in fixing the issue with Disney Plus. If you have other questions or concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂