Are you wondering why Disney Plus is not working on your PS4?
The Disney Plus app is available on many platforms, but the experience is not the same. While the version for Android and iOS functions smoothly, for the most part, it is a different story when you look over the console side.
As it turns out, the Disney Plus app for Playstation 4 seems to encounter random errors, and users are starting to get annoyed.
What makes things worse is that there’s no particular reason for the problem.
In general, Disney Plus errors are caused by problems with the servers, or the app on your device has underlying issues that are yet to be addressed by their developers.
However, other factors on your end like the quality of your connection and third-party services can also affect the app’s performance.
Since there are multiple reasons for Disney Plus not to work on your PS4, troubleshooting can get confusing, particularly for non-technical users out there.
Thankfully, you don’t have to worry because we got you covered. 😀
In this guide, we’re going to show you exactly what to do if Disney Plus is not working on your PS4.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Before diving into more technical stuff, let’s start with the basics. Whenever you encounter problems on the Disney Plus app, the first thing to do is check the status of its servers. Since the platform is online, it needs its servers to deliver services and features.
To do this, you can use third-party services like Downdetector. It is a website that gives information about the current status of applications like Disney Plus, Netflix and more. You can also view the past problems they encounter on the website for reference.
If the servers are down, the best option you got for now is to wait for Disney to fix the problem.
However, you can still do the rest of the methods below and see if anything works out.
2. Try Watching Another Show.
Some shows on Disney Plus may encounter unexpected problems and become unavailable on the platform. If a certain movie or TV show is not working on your Playstation 4, try playing another title on the media library to check if the problem persists.
This way, you can determine if the issue is with the entire platform or specific shows on Disney Plus. Proceed to the last method below if a particular title is not playing to report the problem.
3. Lower the Stream Quality.
Another reason for Disney Plus not working correctly on your PS4 is your network connection. If movies and other shows keep on buffering, your internet may not be able to handle the bandwidth required to load the video.
In this case, we suggest lowering the stream quality on the Disney Plus app.
Check out the guide below to change the stream quality on the app:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your PS4.
- After that, access the side menu and select Settings.
- Now, open the App Settings.
- Lastly, change the Data Usage to Moderate or Save Data.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
4. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your user data may have encountered a temporary bug or glitch that causes other features on the platform not to work. In this case, we suggest logging out of your current session and sign in after a few minutes to refresh your data.
Follow the steps below to sign out your Disney Plus account on PS4:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your Playstation 4.
- Next, access the side menu and open Settings.
- Lastly, click on the Log Out button at the bottom using your controller.
Wait for at least 2 minutes before logging back into your Disney Plus account. Now, use the app normally to check if the problem is solved.
5. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum internet bandwidth of 5 Mbps to use their platform without issues. Now, if the Disney Plus app is not working on the PS4, your network connection could be running slow, or your current plan is slower than the required speed.
To verify this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its upload and download speed.
If the result shows that your connection is running slow, restart your router. Unplug your router’s power chord from the wall outlet and let your router rest for 5 to 10 seconds. Once done, plug back in the power chord to turn on your router again.
Perform another speed test on your network to check if the problem is solved.
On the other hand, contact your service provider if your connection continues to run slow and ask them to fix it. You can also ask for an upgrade if your current plan doesn’t meet minimum requirements.
6. Restart Your PS4.
The problem could also lie with your Playstation’s operating system. If Disney Plus is not working on your PS4, its OS may have encountered a temporary error and caused applications to malfunction.
To fix this, we suggest that you restart your PS4 by doing the following:
- First, open your PS4 and access the Power tab from the main screen.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Lastly, choose Restart PS4 and press the O or X button on your controller to confirm.
Wait for your console to reboot and access the Disney Plus app again to check if the problem is solved.
7. Update Disney Plus.
The version of Disney Plus on your Playstation 4 may have an underlying issue that caused the app not to work properly. In this case, Disney could already be aware of the problem and might roll out an update to address the issue.
Follow the steps below to update Disney Plus on your PS4:
- First, go to your console’s main screen and find Disney Plus.
- Now, select Disney Plus using your controller and press the Options button.
- After that, choose Check for Update.
- Lastly, press the O or X button to continue. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the latest version of Disney Plus.
Once done, go back to your profile and check if the problem is solved.
8. Update Your PS4.
You can also try updating your PlayStation 4 as its software may have an underlying problem that causes other applications like Disney Plus not to work.
Check out the steps below to update your Playstation 4:
- On your PS4, go to the Settings and open System Software Update.
- After that, select Update Now.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to update the version of your PS4.
Restart your PS4 afterwards and go back to Disney Plus to check if the app is now working correctly.
9. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If updating your PS4 and Disney Plus did not work, we suggest that you reinstall the app on your device. Some of its installation files could have been severely corrupted and no longer fixable by an update.
See the steps below to reinstall Disney Plus on your PS4:
- First, open your console and locate Disney Plus from the main screen.
- After that, highlight the app using your controller and press the Options button.
- Now, select Delete to uninstall Disney Plus.
- Lastly, launch the PS Store and reinstall the app from there.
Re-login to your account and check if the Disney Plus app is now working on your Playstation 4.
10. Reset Your PS4.
Some configurations on your PS4 may have been changed by applications, which causes Disney Plus not to work. It is also possible that you’ve been playing around your console and wrongfully changed some of its settings.
Instead of finding the wrong configurations, we suggest that you simply restore your PS4 to factory settings to save some time.
Follow the guide below to restore your Playstation 4 to factory defaults:
- First, open your PS4 and access the Settings page.
- Now, go to the Initialization page.
- Lastly, select Restore Default Settings. Follow the on-screen prompts to continue with the process.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus to check if the problem is solved.
11. Change Your DNS.
DNS or Domain Name System is a vital part of the internet and used by devices to connect to website and application servers. If Disney Plus is not working on your PS4, your ISP’s DNS could be experiencing issues and makes it difficult for your console to communicate with Disney Plus.
To fix this, change your DNS settings and use other servers in the meantime. Check out the guide below to help you out:
- On your PS4, go to the main screen and choose ‘Setup Internet Connection’.
- Now, click on Custom and access ‘Personal WiFi’.
- Next, select DNS and choose the Manual option.
- Lastly, set your Primary DNS to 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 for Secondary DNS. Set other configurations to Automatic and save the changes.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus to check if it is now working.
12. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If the Disney Plus app is still not working on your PS4, we suggest that you visit the Help Center and contact customer support.
Your account might be experiencing problems and needs to be fixed on Disney’s end. When contacting their team, make sure that you provide necessary information like your account details, the device you use, and a screenshot of the error to speed up the process.
On the other hand, you can also browse the guides on the Help Center and see if you can find anything useful.
This ends our guide in fixing Disney Plus if it is not working on your PS4. If you have questions or other concerns, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂