Do you have a scheduled movie night, but Disney Plus is not working on your device?
Given the current situation with COVID-19, we’ve been spending a lot of time lately inside our homes. While most of us enjoy resting during the weekends, it is quite a different story being forced to stay home for an extended period.
With this, many of us found a way to fight boredom through movie marathons and binge-watching popular series. Luckily, watching shows online is easier than ever, thanks to streaming services like Disney Plus, Netflix, HBO Max, and more.
However, it can be frustrating if you are looking forward to watching your favorite shows only to find out that Disney Plus is not working.
Keep reading if you want to find out how to address this issue on your device.
Based on what we know, errors and other problems on Disney Plus are usually caused by faulty servers or a network connectivity issue. On the other hand, issues with the Disney Plus app could indicate that some of its files are corrupted or other applications interfere with the service.
Whatever the case is, we are here to help.
Today, we will show you the best ways to fix Disney Plus if it’s not working on your device.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
In every guide that we make, the first thing that we often advise our readers is to verify if the problem is with their device or the application’s end. This way, we can identify the best route to tackle the issue.
To do this, check the status of Disney Plus’ servers using third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website where you can view the current situation of applications and the past issues they’ve encountered.
Now, if Disney Plus’ servers are down, the best thing to do is wait until their team gets everything sorted. However, you can still try the rest of the methods below and see if anything works out for you.
2. Try Watching Another Show.
Some shows on Disney Plus may encounter unexpected problems and become unplayable to the users. If your favorite title is not playing on Disney Plus, try picking a random title in the media library to check if the same issue would occur.
If particular titles are not playing on the platform, proceed to the last method below to report the problem to Disney Plus’s team.
3. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
Another reason why Disney Plus is not working is if your device is currently not supported by the platform. Although the app is compatible with multiple operating systems, it doesn’t mean that every device running these systems are supported by Disney Plus.
To check if your device is compatible, visit the Help Center and look for the exact model of your device in the compatible devices list.
If your device is unsupported, consider buying a compatible one or access the platform using a web browser.
4. Lower the Stream Quality.
Your network could be struggling to load the movie or TV show you are watching, which causes the issue on Disney Plus. Given that streaming HD videos online could be demanding, we suggest lowering the stream quality on the app to reduce your network’s load.
Follow the guide below to change the stream quality on Disney Plus:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device and tap on your Avatar.
- After that, tap on App Settings.
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi Data Usage tab and select Save Data. Go back to App Settings afterwards and do the same thing for Cellular Data Usage.
- Lastly, tap on Video Quality under the Downloads tab and change it to Medium or Standard.
After lowering the playback quality on the app, go back to the movie or TV show you are watching to check if the problem is solved.
5. Re-Login to Your Account.
Temporary bugs and glitches that occur on the app may have caused your user data to be corrupted. If this happens, your current session would be filled with unexpected errors unless you refresh your user data.
Check out the guide below to refresh your user data on Android and iOS devices:
- First, open the Disney Plus app on your device.
- Next, tap on your Avatar to access your profile page.
- Lastly, tap on Log Out to sign out of your account.
For browsers, see the steps below to refresh your user data:
- On your browser, access the Disney Plus website.
- Now, point the mouse cursor to your Avatar to open the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click on Log Out.
If you are using other devices, you can refresh your user data by doing the following:
- First, access Disney Plus using your preferred browser.
- Next, hover the mouse cursor to your Avatar and click on Account.
- Lastly, click on Log Out of All Devices.
Once done, allow 2 to 3 minutes to pass before logging back into your Disney Plus account. Use the app for several minutes to check if the problem would still occur on your device.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus has a bandwidth requirement of 5 Mbps to use the platform without issues. On the other hand, 25 Mbps is required if you will watch 4K UHD contents. If your network doesn’t meet the required speed, expect problems to occur on the app.
To check if your network is running correctly, perform a test using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download speed.
If the result shows that your network is the problem, restart your router to re-establish the link with your ISP.
Once done, perform another speed test to check if the restart worked. On the other hand, contact your ISP and ask them to fix their service if your network continues to run slow.
You can also consider upgrading your current plan if it doesn’t meet the bandwidth requirement of Disney Plus.
7. Turn Off VPN.
VPNs are services that provide security to your network and prevent hackers from obtaining your sensitive information online. VPNs change your default IP address to keep your identity private and filter your data to hide confidential records like bank details and credit card numbers.
However, this process can introduce interruptions and delays to your network connection, making it difficult for your device to connect with Disney Plus’ servers.
If you are using VPNs, make sure to turn them off before accessing Disney Plus.
On the other hand, you can also try other services like PureVPN if your current VPN keeps giving you problems. Compared to other VPNs, it doesn’t interfere with your connection and works well with streaming services like PureVPN.
8. Clear Your Browser Cache.
Browsers use temporary data generated by the websites you visit to improve their overall performance. These data are called caches and cookies, and they help speed up the loading times of previously visited websites.
If Disney Plus is not working, your caches and cookies may have gotten corrupted, and your browser is struggling to function normally.
To fix this, clear your browsing data to eliminate any corrupted files:
- First, open your preferred browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of your display.
- After that, click on Settings and go to Privacy and Security.
- Now, click on Clear Browsing Data and change the target Time Range to All Time.
- Lastly, ensure that caches and cookies are included in the process and click the Clear Data button.
After clearing your browsing data, log back into your Disney Plus account and check if the problem is solved.
9. Disable Your Browser Extensions.
If you have browser extensions installed, consider turning them off before accessing Disney Plus. Although extensions provide additional features to websites, Disney Plus may not be compatible with them and interrupt its normal flow.
Follow the guide below to disable your browser extensions:
- On your browser, click on the Options button and select Settings.
- After that, access the Extensions tab from the side drawer.
- Finally, turn off all your browser extensions.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
10. Run Malwarebytes.
Viruses can also be the reason for Disney Plus not working on your device. Malware and other viruses consume your system resources and make it difficult for other applications to function normally.
To confirm this, download Malwarebytes on your device and run a full system scan. This will prompt the tool to search your whole directory for infected files and automatically remove them from your system.
11. Update Your Device and Browser.
The current version of Disney Plus may not be compatible with your device’s operating system. To fix this, try to check if there’s an available update for your device to resolve compatibility issues.
On Android devices, you can update its OS by doing the following:
- First, open the Settings app on your device.
- After that, scroll down and tap on About or About Phone.
- Now, tap on Software Update.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen instructions to update your device.
For iOS users, check out the guide below to update your operating system:
- On your device, tap on Settings and go to the General tab.
- Next, tap on Software Updates.
- Finally, tap on Download and Install to update your iOS device.
If you are using a Windows computer, follow the guide below to update your OS:
- Open the Start Menu on your computer and click on Settings.
- After that, open the Update & Security tab.
- Lastly, click on Windows Update and follow the on-screen prompts to update your computer.
You can also try updating your device’s browser and see if the problem goes away.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if it is now working correctly on your device.
12. Refer to Our Other Guides.
If you are seeing a more specific error message or experiencing a particular problem on Disney Plus, please refer to our other guides below to help you:
- Black Screen on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix
- Cannot Log In Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix
- Cannot Watch Anything on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix
- Spinning Wheel on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix
- Disney Plus Freezing? Here’s The Fix
- ‘Something went wrong’ on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix
- Fix: ‘We’re currently experiencing slow internet connection speeds’ on Disney Plus
- Error Code 42 on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix!
- Error Code 41 on Disney Plus? Here’s The Fix!
- Fix: Disney Plus Is Only Available in Certain Regions
- Disney Plus Crashing? Here’s the Fix!
- Group Watch Not Working on Disney Plus? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus App Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Working on Fire TV / Fire Stick? Here’s the Fix
- Disney Plus Not Working on Nvidia Shield? Here’s the Fix
- How to Fix Disney Plus Subtitles or Closed-Captions Not Working? (All Devices)
- Disney Plus Not Working on Roku? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Working on PC? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Loading? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Autoplay Not Working? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Working on PS4? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Working on Android TV? Here’s the Fix!
- Disney Plus Not Working on Apple TV? Here’s the Fix!
- Fix: ‘Not compatible with your unit’ Error on Disney Plus
- Disney Plus Not Working on Chromecast? Here’s the Fix!
- Error Code 401 on Disney Plus (Roku TV)? Here’s the Fix!
13. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If Disney Plus is still not working on your device, we suggest that you report the problem to their team.
Visit the Help Center and contact their customer support. When asking for help, provide all the necessary information, including your account details, the device you are using, and the screenshot of the problem to help their team assess the situation faster.
You can also browse the other guides on Disney Plus’ Help Center and see if you can find any solutions.
This brings us to the end of our guide in fixing Disney Plus if it is not working on your device. Please leave a comment below for your questions and other concerns, and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
If this guide helped you, please share it.