Are you looking for a quick guide on how to download Instagram stories straight to your iPhone?
It’s been five years since Instagram introduced Stories. It’s a way for its users and brands to share mini moments that are viewable 24 hours after posting. Instagram has 1 billion monthly active users, and around 500 million people post Stories every day.
With all those different filters and stickers, integration of the Boomerang app, and the launch of Instagram Music, Instagram Stories sure drive a lot of engagement. In fact, 70% of Instagram users watch Stories daily.
Unlike the posts on your curated feed, Stories are vanishing content, and sometimes, you might want to view those Stories again.
So what if you want to download those mini moments straight to your iPhone?
There are a few ways to do this. And in most cases, you don’t even have to go out of the Instagram app.
Without further delays, let’s dive right in!
1. Download Stories Directly on Instagram App.
Instagram has made it very accessible to download your own Story. You can either choose to save a photo/video or save all of your available stories in one go. Here are the steps on how to do this:
- First, launch the Instagram app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap the icon of your Profile with a gradient border. This is located at the upper left part of the screen.
- Your Story will appear on the screen. Then, tap the More button on the lower right part of the screen.
- When you tap the More button, a list of options will appear. Choose Save.
5. After that, you can choose Save Photo to save that particular story only. Another option is to select Save Story. This option will download all your available Stories and will be stored in a video format.
6. Lastly, wait for a second for Instagram to notify you that the Story has been saved.
That is the manual way of downloading Instagram Stories on your iPhone.
Suppose you want to download Stories to your phone automatically. In that case, that is also possible by doing a few tweaks to your account settings.
To automatically download Stories on your phone, do these steps:
- Launch the Instagram app.
- Next, go to your profile by tapping your Profile icon on the lower right part of the screen.
- Click the Menu option and go to Settings.
- On Settings, choose Privacy, and then select Story.
- There are a few options under Story. Scroll down and go to the Saving block.
- Finally, toggle on the Save Story to Camera Roll. This option will automatically save all your Stories to your phone’s camera roll.
Turning this option on may be space-consuming since it will automatically save all your Stories. But this is very helpful if you want to save all of them without a hassle.
2. Download Stories Through Instagram Archive.
The Story has expired, and you can no longer view and save it? Don’t fret. Instagram Archive can save your day.
Before we download Instagram Stories via Archive, you must ensure that your account’s Archive option is enabled.
Follow the steps below to check:
- First, open the Instagram app.
- Next, tap your Profile icon on the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the Menu option and select Settings.
- Then, choose Privacy and click Story.
- Under Story, enable the Save Story to Archive option.
Now that you confirmed that the option Save Story to Archive is enabled, you can now try downloading Instagram Stories saved on your Archive.
Just follow the easy steps below:
- On the Instagram app, click on your Profile icon located at the lower right part of the screen.
- Click the Menu button on the upper right part of your screen, and select Archive.
- Instagram will take you to a page that contains all your Stories. Your archived posts are sorted based on their upload date, and you can select a particular Story you want to download.
- Now, simply click on the Story that you want to save and tap on More.
- Finally, tap on Save Photo or Save Video.
There you have it. If you want to return to your older Instagram Stories and save them, you can always rely on Archive.
3. Download Using Story Saver Website.
Now that we have discussed downloading your own Instagram Stories, you might also be interested in downloading other people’s Stories. To do this, you need to utilize third-party applications or tools.
Story Saver is a handy and beneficial website that enables you to download Instagram Stories in a breeze.
Here’s how you can use this tool yourself:
- First, launch any browser on your iPhone and go to Story Saver.
- After that, enter the username of the account where you want to download the Story from. Keep in mind that you can only download Stories from a public account.
- Story Saver will show you all the current posts of that user. Choose which Stories you want to download and click Save as Photo.
- Now, you can proceed by clicking the Download button.
- Once the download is complete, press the Share button on the lower-left corner of your screen and select Save Image.
The process is pretty straightforward, right? You don’t even need to log in to your account when using Story Saver. On a side note, you can only successfully download using Story Saver if you have iOS 13 or higher.
There you have it! Three different methods on how to download Instagram Stories on iPhone, depending on what you need.
This ends our guide on how to download Instagram Stories on iPhone. If you have clarifications on the methods above, please put them in the comments section below, and we’ll be glad to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂