Do you wish to enable or disable text prediction for a Windows 10 keyboard?
We all have a love-hate relationship with predictive text. It’s bad. But it’s also incredible. One day we will be grateful for how easy it has made typing for us; the next day, we will hate it for being too aggressive.
Unlike most things in our life, the text prediction feature can be disabled when it’s bothersome and be enabled back when you need it.
If you are looking for ways to do so, you are in the right place.
This guide has some easy yet effective methods to enable or disable text prediction for a Windows 10 keyboard. All the ways are easy to follow and will get at your fingertips in no time.
Let’s get started.
1. Enable or Disable Text Prediction for Hardware Keyboard.
If you want to enable or disable text prediction for a Windows 10 hardware keyboard, the easiest way to do it is via Windows Settings.
Here is how you can do that in a few simple steps:
- Type Settings in the search bar and click on Open to launch Settings window.
- Select Devices and choose Typing from the left panel.
- In the right panel, scroll down the window and locate the Hardware keyboard option.
- If you want to enable the text prediction for the keyboard, then turn on the toggle button against Show text suggestions as I type and Autocorrect misspelled words I type.
- Similarly, if you want to disable text prediction, turn off the toggle button against Show text suggestions as I type and Autocorrect misspelled words I type.
That’s it. You can now check if following the procedure mentioned above worked by typing something in the Notepad.
2. Try Using CleanMyPC.
If the methods we have mentioned in this guide are not working for you, then there is a high chance that a corruption error within the operating system prevents you from doing so. In this case, it is best to eliminate the junk files from your PC and then proceed with the troubleshooting steps.
The best way to remove unwanted junk files is by using an efficient PC cleaner, and if you are looking for a recommendation, CleanMyPC is our personal favorite.
Thanks to the range of system maintenance tools that it has, CleanMyPC will not just remove all junk files, but it will also handle all other PC-related issues. All that you need to do is install the tool and run a scan using it. It will identify the problems and attempt to resolve them with little to no user input.
Moreover, this tool is easy to use, so even if this is your first time using a PC cleaner, you will do just fine.
3. Enable or Disable Text Prediction for On-screen Keyboard.
This method is for the users who want to enable or disable text prediction for an on-screen keyboard.
Here is what you need to do:
- Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to open a Run dialogue box.
- Type osk in the text field of the dialogue box and hit Enter.
- Locate Options on the down left of the on-screen keyboard and click on it.
- To disable text prediction, uncheck the box against Use Text Prediction and click on OK to save the changes.
- In case you want to enable text prediction, checkmark the box against Use Text Prediction.
- Click on OK to save the changes.
As simple as that!
Doing so will enable/disable text prediction on your on-screen keyboard successfully.
This wraps up our guide on ways to enable or disable text prediction for a Windows 10 keyboard. We hope that one of the methods that we mentioned above did the trick for you. If you have any questions regarding the steps, please let us know in the comment section below.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂