Wondering how to enable or disable the focused inbox in Outlook (WEB)?
Outlook has changed the boring world of email. It comes with a simple interface, social media integration, extensive organizational features, and unlimited storage to satisfy users of all kinds, especially writers and media consumers.
One feature that particularly stands out is the Focused Inbox, which separates your inbox into two different tabs. The essential emails go in the ‘Focused’ tab, while the rest go into the ‘Others’ tab. This feature is customizable, which means that you can enable or disable the Focused Inbox in Outlook according to your preferences.
If you are looking for easy ways of doing so, you are in the right place because, in this guide, we will walk you through the process of doing so in detail.
Let’s get started!
1. Enable/Disable Focused Inbox in Outlook for Windows 10.
If you are using the Outlook application on your Windows 10, here is how you can disable the Focused Inbox.
- Launch the Outlook application on your PC and navigate to the View tab.
- Locate the Show Focused Inbox option in the tab and click on it to enable/disable it.
Note: If you cannot locate the Show Focused Inbox option in the View tab, you can find it in the Customize Ribbon section. For that, proceed with the 3rd step.
- In the Outlook window, navigate to the File tab and click on Options.
- Now locate Customize Ribbon in the Options window and click on it.
- Expand the dropdown menu under Customize the Ribbon and select Main Tabs in the right pane.
- In the list of options under the dropdown menu, expand the View option and click on Focused Inbox.
Note: If the Focused Inbox option is greyed out, you must turn it off in Outlook Web and Windows 10 Mail app.
This should enable or disable the Focused Inbox in the Outlook application in Windows 10.
2. Enable/Disable Focused Inbox in Outlook for Macbook.
The process of enabling and disabling Focused Inbox in Outlook for Macbook is quite similar to Windows 10.
Here is what you need to do:
- Launch Outlook and navigate to the Organize tab.
- Locate and click on Focused Inbox to enable/disable the feature.
As simple as that.
Hopefully, doing so will help you perform the intended operation without any issues.
3. Enable/Disable Focused Inbox in Outlook on Android.
You will need to enable the Focused Inbox separately for your phone, as changes you make on the desktop or web app will not apply to your Android app.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable or disable the Focused Inbox in Outlook on Android:
- Launch Outlook and click on your User icon.
- In the new window, click on the Gear icon.
- Toggle on/off the switch against Focused Inbox and relaunch Outlook to apply changes.
Doing so will enable/disable Focused Inbox on your Outlook app successfully.
4. Try Using CleanMyPC.
If the methods in this guide are not working for you, then there is a chance that your PC is infected with corruption errors and bugs. Such errors and bugs can prevent your operating system from performing specific actions.
The best way to get back on track is by eliminating these issues using an efficient PC cleaner. If you are looking for a recommendation, we highly recommend trying CleanMyPC.
CleanMyPC comes with a wide range of maintenance tools that can care for all your PC-related problems, including slow speed and sluggish performance. All that you need to do is install CleanMyPC and run a scan using it. It will identify the issues and fix them with little to no user input.
If this is something your PC desperately needs, install CleanMyPC now!
5. Enable/Disable Focused Inbox in Outlook Web.
If you do not use an Outlook application, you can enable features like the one under discussion in Outlook web.
Here is what you need to do:
- Launch your web browser and navigate to the Outlook website.
- Locate the Gear icon and click on it.
- Now toggle on/off the switch against Focused Inbox.
- However, if you cannot locate the Focused Inbox option, click on View All Outlook Settings in the same window and select. Mail.
- Now navigate to the Layout tab.
- Select Don’t sort my messages under Focused Inbox in the right pane if you want to disable the feature. If you’re going to turn it on, ensure that the Don’t sort my messages option is disabled.
Depending on your Office 365 settings, you may need to go to Settings and select Display Settings. Then click on Focused Inbox to find the Do Not Sort messages option.
This brings us to the end of our article on enabling/disabling the Focused inbox in Outlook. We hope that one of the methods mentioned in this guide did the trick for you. If you have questions regarding the methods discussed above, please let us know in the comment section below.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂