Do you see an error code 1603 on AMD Radeon Software?
Several AMD users have been struggling to update or install display drivers due to an error code 1603. This error code causes a partial installation of the drivers, which leads to various system issues.
If you encounter this problem on AMD Software, there is also a good chance that Windows updates won’t work.
The error code 1603 on AMD Software is also isolated on Windows 10.
Installation errors like the error code 1603 is usually caused by corrupted installers. However, it can also be due to incompatible software versions, improper configurations, and third-party applications.
Today, we will show you how to fix the error code 1603 on AMD Software.
1. Restart Your Computer.
Whenever you encounter problems with your system, the first thing you should do is restart your computer. This should allow your system to reload its resources and eliminate errors that may have occurred during use.
Check out the steps below to restart your PC:
- Access the Start Menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Next, go to the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click on Restart to reboot your system.
Go back to the installer afterward to confirm if the restart worked.
2. Run Installer As Admin.
Lack of system permission is the usual cause of the error code 1603 on AMD Software. To bypass system restrictions on your computer, run the AMD installer as an administrator to give it full access to your system.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the File Explorer on your computer and go to the Downloads folder.
- Now, right-click on AMD’s installer and choose Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab afterward and enable the ‘Run this Program as an Administrator’ option.
- Finally, click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Relaunch the installer on your computer and see if the error code 1603 still occurs.
3. Disable Your Antivirus.
You can try disabling your antivirus if you still encounter installation problems with the AMD Software. While antivirus software help protects your system from unwanted files and software, it can get too protective and restrict even legitimate applications.
Before installing the AMD Radeon Software, disable your antivirus or any third-party protection to avoid issues.
4. Update Your Display Drivers.
If your graphics card is working fine and you are just struggling to install the companion software, it might indicate a compatibility issue with the drivers. To rule this out, update your display drivers to the latest version before installing the Radeon Software.
Check out the guide below to update your drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose the Update Driver option and follow the prompts.
Restart your system to apply the changes and check if the problem is solved.
5. Update Windows.
The version of Windows you are using might have a problem that causes the installer to fail. It is also possible that your operating system version is not compatible with the AMD Radeon Software.
To fix this, see the guide below to update your operating system:
- On your computer, press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- From there, go to Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Lastly, click on Check for Updates or Download & Install.
Reboot your computer after the update and try installing the Radeon Software again.
6. Reset Your Default Folders.
For some users, they were able to address the error code 1603 on AMD Software after configuring their default folders. If you’ve changed your default installation folder, try restoring your configurations back to default.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Access the File Explorer on your computer.
- Now, right-click on This PC and choose Properties.
- Go to the Location tab and click on Restore Default.
Try installing the AMD Software to check if the problem is solved.
That ends our guide on how to fix the error code 1603 on AMD Software. If you have questions, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂