Unable to play due to an error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact?
Being locked out of your account and not being able to check your game progress is one of the worst things that could happen with any gamer.
The error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact usually occurs while the game is starting up. This means that you won’t have the chance to view your settings or even check your characters in the game.
Since Genshin Impact is mainly focused on grinding, a setback to your usual gaming hours could really affect your progress on the game and get you behind the competition.
To avoid this, we’ve decided to lend a helping hand!
In this guide, we will show you a few steps to fix the error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Check Genshin Impact’s Servers.
- 2. Restart the Game.
- 3. Update Genshin Impact.
- 4. Turn Off VPN.
- 5. Stop Other Applications.
- 6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
- 7. Try Using PureVPN.
- 8. Ask the Community.
1. Check Genshin Impact’s Servers.
If you are unable to load the game right from the start, it is possible that the problem is related to Genshin’s servers. Since its release a few months ago, Genshin Impact’s servers suffer from occasional downtimes due to the volume of players.
However, if their servers are perfectly fine, head down below and try the offered solutions.
2. Restart the Game.
The error code 31-4302 is an indication that the game failed to load its game data. Possibly, it encountered a temporary error that causes Genshin Impact to malfunction. To fix this, simply restart the game to reload all of its resources.
On Windows, you can restart Genshin Impact by doing the following:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + S keys and search for Task Manager.
- After that, click on Open.
- Now, click on the Processes tab and locate Genshin Impact.
- Finally, select Genshin Impact and hit the End Task button to close the game.
For Android devices, you can restart the game using the app switcher. To open it, swipe upwards from the bottom of your display. Now, flick Genshin Impact upwards until it is removed from the list.
If you are using an iOS device with an all-screen display, accessing the app switcher is similar to Android devices. Swipe up from the bottom of your display until the application switcher shows. Locate the game and flick it upwards to stop it from running.
Now, for iOS devices with a Home button, you can view the app switcher by tapping the Home button twice. After that, flick the game upwards until it is removed from the list.
Finally, for Playstation 4 users, check out the guide below on how to do this process.
- On your controller, press and hold the PS button until the Quick Menu appears.
- After that, highlight the Close Application button.
- Lastly, hit the O or X button on your Playstation 4 controller to proceed.
Once the game is closed, go to your home screen again and try to load Genshin Impact.
3. Update Genshin Impact.
Problems loading Genshin Impact could also be due to an outdated version of the game. It is possible that Genshin’s servers no longer support the version you are running, which explains why it doesn’t load.
To fix this, simply update the game on your device.
On Windows, run the game launcher on your system and it should automatically install the updates on the game.
For Android devices, check out the guide below on how to update Genshin Impact.
- First, open the Play Store on your home screen.
- After that, tap on the Menu button to view the side menu.
- Next, tap on My Apps & Games. This will trigger the Play Store to check for any update available to the applications installed on your device.
- If available, tap on the Update button beside Genshin Impact to install it.
On the other hand, if you are an iOS user, see the steps below on how to update the game.
- On your home screen, tap on the App Store.
- After that, tap the Updates tab on the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Finally, tap on the Update button if an update is detected.
Now, for Playstation 4 users, check out the step-by-step guide below to guide you on the process.
- First, go to your PS4’s home screen and select Genshin Impact.
- After that, press the Options button on your controller.
- Finally, select Check for Updates and hit the O or X button (depends on your settings).
After updating Genshin Impact, restart the game and see if it will load on your device.
4. Turn Off VPN
Virtual Private Network services are third-party applications that provide security over your home or business network. It works by randomly changing your default IP address and redirects your data to a secured server.
While VPNs work great for securing your network, it can also interfere with its functions and could cause instability.
If you are having trouble loading Genshin Impact, try to turn off your VPN.
5. Stop Other Applications.
Loading open-world games like Genshin Impact could be a heavy workload for your system. If you are seeing an error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact, try to free up system resources by closing down unwanted programs.
- On your computer, open the Task Manager and click the Processes tab.
- From there, identify the programs that could eat up your system resources like media players, editing tools, or other games.
- Finally, close down these applications and restart the game.
6. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Since Genshin Impact is an online game, it requires a stable and robust network connection to run properly. If you have encountered an error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact, it can indicate that your internet is slow.
To verify this, run a simple speed test on your network. You can use third-party websites like Fast.com for this process.
If the result indicates that your network is indeed the problem, try to restart your router. This should re-establish the connection with your ISP and solve the issue.
Locate the power cable of your router and unplug it for 5 to 10 seconds. After that, plug back in the cable to turn on your router.
After restarting your router, run another speed test to see if the problem is fixed. Sadly, if your network continues to malfunction, contact your ISP immediately and ask them to fix their service.
7. Try Using PureVPN.
Do you Genshin Impact on other region’s servers? Try using PureVPN.
With PureVPN, you can connect to servers from other regions without lags and latency, thanks to their high-speed servers around the world. In addition, PureVPN has a Split Tunneling function that allows you to filter and limit the data that your ISP can access.
You can also use PureVPN if you love watching content across the region on streaming apps like Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Disney+.
8. Ask the Community.
If none of the methods above worked out for you, try to visit Genshin Impact’s community.
You can find hundreds of posts there, which could be similar to the issue you are having. On the other hand, you can also ask the community about the issue, and your fellow gamers might be able to help you out.
This sums up our guide on how to fix the error code 31-4302 on Genshin Impact. If you have other concerns, leave a comment below, and we’ll try our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂