Constantly encountering the Error Code 403 Authentication Failed on Roblox?
Roblox is a popular gaming platform, but like every other tech-related service, it is not free from errors and issues. One of the most common errors that frustrates players is the Error Code 403 that pops up upon hitting the Play button.
The probable causes include server under maintenance, corrupted cache files, unstable DNS server, and so on. Luckily, with proper guidance, you can eliminate the error in no time.
So what’s the delay for? Let’s jump right in!
1. Check Roblox Server Status.
The first troubleshooting step you should take if you encounter the error code 403 while playing Roblox is to head over to the Roblox server status page. Check if any servers are not operational or the website is under maintenance. Sometimes, a server outage in a specific region may also cause this error.
The best course of action in this situation is to wait until Roblox steps in and the servers are back online.
2. Clear Roblox App Cache.
Like other apps on your PC, Roblox stores cache files and lets you quickly access the app on subsequent logins. However, the cache folder may get corrupted or damaged, resulting in various errors while playing games, such as the error code 403.
To fix the issue, delete all the files in the Roblox cache folder. Here’s how:
- Start by pressing Win + R keys to open the Run command box.
- In the search bar, paste ‘%localappdata%’ and click on OK to open the Local folder.
- From there, look for the Roblox folder and double-click on it to open it.
- Select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A, then delete everything by pressing the Delete key.
Once done, reboot your PC and launch the Roblox app. The error should be gone now.
3. Disable VPN and Antivirus.
Sometimes, the error code 403 may also arise due to a VPN interfering with the Roblox app and causing authentication problems. Furthermore, VPN also reduces your internet speed and slows down your Roblox gaming experience.
Therefore, if you’re using a third-party VPN program like NordVPN, open it on your PC and disconnect from it. You may also disable VPN through the Settings in your Windows 11. Below are the steps you must follow:
- Press Win + i keys to launch Settings.
- From the left pane, click on Network & internet.
- Then, choose VPN.
- Now, locate the VPN you’re connected to and click on the Disconnect button next to it.
Afterward, head back to Roblox and check if disabling the VPN fixed your issue or not. Furthermore, you may try disabling or uninstalling any third-party antivirus program to see if that is the actual culprit behind error code 403 on Roblox.
4. Run SFC and DISM Scan.
Authentication failed errors on Roblox may also occur if there are missing and corrupted system files. If so, consider performing SFC and DISM scans on your PC to fix and replace these files.
Simply follow these steps to do so:
- Open the Start menu and type in ‘Command Prompt’ in the search bar.
- Click on Open as administrator from the right pane to launch an elevated Command Prompt.
- Paste in the command and press the Enter key:
- Next, copy and paste the following command one by one and hit Enter after each:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Finally, reboot the system and see if that resolves Code 103 Authentication failed error.
5. Run Antivirus Scan.
While performing an antivirus scan may not directly resolve the error code 403 on Roblox, it can help find any malware or virus activity that may have resulted in the authentication error. Afterward, you may take necessary actions against the detected threats and fix the problem.
Here’s what you must do:
- Open the Start menu and type ‘Windows Security’ in the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Once the Windows Security window opens, click on Virus & threat protection from the left pane.
- You will now see a list of scanning options. Select Quick scan from the options.
- The scan will take some time to complete depending on your computer’s hard drive and the number of files.
If any threats are found, Windows will give you options to remove these. Once done, go back to Roblox and check if the error code still appears or not.
5. Change to Google DNS.
If your PC is using a DNS server that is slow or is causing issues, you may end up experiencing authentication issues on various sites, including Roblox. To fix it, consider switching to Google DNS, a free DNS service that can increase the stability of your internet.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Start menu.
- Enter ‘control panel’ into the search bar and choose the same from the search results.
- Click on Network and Internet and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Then, right-click on the network you’re connected to and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Once the Properties window appears, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Now, select Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Enter 18.104.22.168 for the Preferred DNS server and 22.214.171.124 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Lastly, select OK to confirm these changes.
Once done, try logging in to Roblox and see if the error code 403 still occurs.
8. Add an Exclusion in Windows Defender.
Although antivirus helps detect threats and allows you to take action against them, outdated antivirus programs can falsely identify secure apps and programs as being malicious. This may be the case if you can’t play Roblox due to an authentication error.
So, if you’re using Windows Defender, you may simply add Roblox to the exclusion list to solve the problem. Here’s how:
- Click on the Start menu and type ‘Virus & threat protection’ in the search bar, and select the first search result.
- Next, choose Manage settings.
- Scroll down to the Exclusions section and click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Then, select the Add an exclusion button and paste the following:
C:\Users\(Your Windows Username)\AppData\Local\Roblox
This should fix the Error Code 403 Authentication Failed on Roblox.
6. Reinstall Roblox App.
Deleting the existing Roblox app and installing a clean version again can eliminate the ‘error code 403 authentication failed’ on Roblox. This method will eliminate any corrupted files within the app that may interfere with the authentication process.
Follow these steps to reinstall the Roblox app on your PC:
- From Settings, select Apps.
- After that, click on Apps & features from the left pane.
- Look for the Roblox app or search for it in the search bar and click on the three vertical icons next to it.
- Then, choose Uninstall.
- After the app is uninstalled, download it again on your PC.
Once the app is installed, launch it and log in to your account. The error code 403 should be resolved now.
7. Contact Roblox Support.
If none of the methods mentioned above worked to fix the authentication problem, now is the best time to contact Roblox Support for further assistance. While waiting for the problem to be fixed, you can play on the official Roblox website.
This sums up our guide on how to fix Error Code 03 Authentication failed on Roblox. Use the comments section below if you have any further queries regarding this topic. We’ll get back to you in no time.
If this guide helped you, please share it.