Do you see an error code 83 on Disney Plus?
Having the most popular titles from the Star Wars sage and Marvel cinematic universe, it is no surprise that Disney Plus is slowly becoming one of the popular streaming platforms on the market. On top of that, you can also enjoy your favorite Disney shows, which takes you back to the good old days.
However, you may be wondering why we mentioned ‘most popular and not ‘the best’ on-demand streaming service.
Since Disney Plus was released, the app encountered all sorts of bugs and errors, which made some subscribers frustrated. If you are reading this right now, you’re probably one of them.
Based on what we know, the error code 83 on Disney Plus usually indicates a problem with the servers. Given the number of users, Disney Plus’ servers can be overwhelmed with the volume of requests and could not respond to your device on time.
What makes this error code worse is that it appears after launching the app, making the whole platform unusable even for browsing content.
Thankfully, this issue is common on Disney Plus, and troubleshooting should be straightforward.
Today, we will show you exactly what to do to fix the error code 83 on Disney Plus.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Disney Plus Servers.
Whenever you encounter error codes on Disney Plus, the first step you should do is check the status of its servers. Since the app is an online service, it relies on its servers to deliver content to the users.
To check the status of Disney Plus, you can use third-party tools like Downdetector. It is a website that shows the current situation of applications and the previous issues they encountered.
If the servers are down, we suggest that you just wait for the servers to go online again or proceed to the last method below to call the attention of Disney Plus.
On the other hand, do the rest of the methods below if Disney Plus’ servers are working properly.
2. Check If Your Device Is Supported.
One of the best things about Disney Plus is that the app supports many operating systems. However, this doesn’t mean that every device running that particular OS is compatible with the platform.
So, before availing of a premium subscription, visit their Help Center first to confirm if Disney Plus currently supports your device.
If not, consider getting a new device or accessing the platform using a web browser.
3. Check and Reset Your Internet.
Disney Plus requires a minimum internet speed of 5 Mbps to watch HD movies on their platform without issues. On the other hand, 25 Mbps is needed for streaming 4K UHD contents. If you encounter the error code 83 on Disney Plus, your network may be running slow.
To verify this, run a test on your network using Fast.com to measure its current upload and download speed.
If the result verifies that your internet connection is the problem, unplug your router’s power cable from the outlet to turn it off. Now, wait for 10 seconds before plugging it back in to restart your router.
This will allow your router to re-establish the link with your ISP’s servers, which can fix the slow internet connection.
Once done, run another speed test on your network to check if the problem is solved. On the other hand, contact your ISP and ask them to fix their service if the slow connection continues or upgrade your current plan if it’s below 5 Mbps.
4. Turn Off Your VPN.
Virtual private networks could also be the reason behind the error code 83 on Disney Plus. VPNs protect your network by changing your IP address and filtering the data going out of your device.
However, this process can affect the performance of your internet connection and make it difficult for your device to communicate with Disney Plus’ servers. Some VPNs also don’t work that well and could interrupt the flow of other applications.
If you are running a VPN service on your device, turn it off and try re-accessing Disney Plus.
On the other hand, consider switching to other services like IPVanish if you continue to encounter problems with your current VPN. Compared to other VPNs, it doesn’t interfere with your network and works well with most applications.
You can also use VPNs to access Disney Plus outside the supported regions. Visit our dedicated guide about this to learn more.
5. Clear Your Browser Cache and Cookies.
If the error code 83 on Disney Plus occurs while using your browser, the problem could lie with your browser’s caches and cookies. These are temporary data used by your browser to load websites faster and enhance their overall performance.
However, caches and cookies accumulate over time and could negatively affect your browser’s performance and the websites you visit.
To fix this, follow the steps below to clear your browsing data and eliminate corrupted files from your system:
- First, open your preferred browser and press the CTRL + H keys on your keyboard.
- Inside the History tab, click on Clear Browsing Data from the side menu.
- Now, click on the Time Range tab and change it to All Time.
- Lastly, ensure that caches and cookies are included in the process and hit the Clear Data button.
Wait for the process to complete and go back to Disney Plus to check if the error code 83 would still occur.
6. Disable Browser Extensions or Try Another Browser.
Browser extensions are third-party applications that provide additional features to websites. However, not all websites are compatible with browser extensions and could disrupt their usual process.
If you see the error code 83 on Disney Plus while using a browser, turn off any browser extensions you have and check if the problem goes away.
Follow the steps below to disable your browser extensions:
- First, open your browser and click on the Options button at the top right corner of your display.
- After that, click on Settings and open the Extensions tab from the side drawer.
- Lastly, turn off all your extensions and restart your browser.
Once done, go back to Disney Plus and check if the problem is solved.
On the other hand, you can also try using a different browser if your current one cannot access Disney Plus. Ideally, you should use browsers such as Chrome, Opera, and Firefox, which are highly optimized for most websites.
7. Run Malwarebytes.
Malware and other viruses may have infected your system and caused Disney Plus and other applications to malfunction. Viruses also consume your system resources and bandwidth, making it difficult for online programs to function correctly.
To check if your device is infected, download Malwarebytes and run a full system scan. This will prompt the tool to search your entire storage for infected files and automatically remove them in the process.
8. Update Disney Plus.
The current version of Disney Plus on your device may no longer be supported by the servers, which explains the error code 83. It is also possible that bugs and glitches are the reason for the error message.
To fix this, update the app to the latest version to eliminate errors and other issues.
On Android, you can update Disney Plus by doing the following steps:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Next, access the side drawer and tap on My Apps & Games.
- Lastly, find Disney Plus from the list and press the Update button.
For iOS users, see the steps below to update Disney Plus:
- On your device, go to the home screen and launch the App Store.
- After that, tap on your Profile icon at the top right corner of your display.
- Lastly, tap the Update button beside Disney Plus to update the app.
If you are using a Playstation 4, follow the guide below to update the app:
- First, find Disney Plus from the main screen and highlight the app using your controller.
- Now, press the Options button on your controller to open the side menu.
- Lastly, select Check for Update and press the O or X button to confirm your action.
If you don’t see your device above, visit the Help Center and look for the guide to update Disney Plus on your system.
9. Update Your Device.
Your device may have an underlying issue with its network connectivity and causes Disney Plus to run into errors. Try updating your operating system to the latest version to eliminate any problems that may have occurred.
On Android, you can update its operating system by doing the following:
- First, open the Settings app on your device and scroll down to the bottom.
- After that, access the About or About Phone tab.
- Lastly, tap on Software Update and follow the on-screen prompts to update your device.
For iOS devices, check out the guide below to update its OS:
- On your device, tap on Settings and go to the General tab.
- After that, tap on Software Updates.
- Finally, tap on Download and Install.
If you are using a Windows computer, check out the guide below to update its operating system:
- On your keyboard, hit the Windows key to access the Start Menu.
- After that, click on the Gear icon to access Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security and access Windows Updates.
- Lastly, follow the on-screen prompts to update your computer.
For other devices, refer to your user manual to update its OS or visit Disney Plus’s Help Center and look for the specific guidelines for your system.
10. Reinstall Disney Plus.
If updating Disney Plus or your device did not work, we recommend that you try reinstalling the app. This will eliminate any corrupted files and ensure that you have the latest version of Disney Plus installed.
On Android, check out the guide below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- First, open your device and locate Disney Plus from the app drawer.
- Now, tap and hold its app icon to access the options screen.
- After that, tap on Uninstall to delete Disney Plus.
- Lastly, open Google Play Store and reinstall the app from there.
For iOS users, follow the steps below to reinstall Disney Plus:
- On your home screen, find Disney Plus and press its icon until the selection screen shows up.
- Next, tap on Remove App to uninstall Disney Plus.
- Finally, go to the App Store and reinstall the app.
If you are using other devices, see the guides below to help you out:
- Reinstall Disney Plus on Xbox One
- Remove Disney Plus on Roku Devices
- Uninstall Disney Plus on Apple TV
- Delete Disney Plus on PS4
After reinstalling the app go back to your account and check if the error code 83 on Disney Plus would still occur.
11. Report the Problem to Disney Plus.
If you still encounter the error code 83 on Disney Plus, your account may need special attention on Disney’s end. With this, we suggest that you visit the Help Center and get in touch with your customer support.
Elaborate on the problem you experience with the app and provide a screenshot if possible to make it easier for Disney to assess the situation. Also, include your account details and the device you use on the report to speed up the troubleshooting process.
You can also check the guides on Disney Plus’ Help Center and see if you can find any solutions.
This sums up our guide in fixing the error code 83 on Disney Plus. For your questions and other concerns, please leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂