Trying to Fix Face ID Not Working in WhatsApp on iPhone?
The privacy and protection of WhatsApp data have been major concerns for many users. Fortunately, Apple released a feature that enables users to restrict the application’s access with their Face ID. That way, you can safeguard your chat details by requiring Face ID before the app can open.
This feature allows users to protect their privacy by helping them keep their information safe from unwanted access, as it only allows the user with the particular Face ID to access the app. Although, there are times when this feature may stop working due to various reasons, such as pending software updates, internal bugs, and so on.
Thankfully, this problem can be easily fixed through some troubleshooting methods. To help you out, we have gathered some of the most effective solutions to fix Face ID not working in WhatsApp on iPhone.
So, let’s get started!
1. Ensure Face ID is Enabled on WhatsApp.
The Face ID feature has to be enabled for each app from its settings. Sometimes, users may accidentally or intentionally disable the feature, which may result in Face ID not working.
So, the first thing that you should do when the Face ID stops working in Whatsapp is to check whether you have it enabled in the first place. Here’s how to do it:
- First, launch the WhatsApp app on your device.
- From the bottom right corner, tap on the gear icon to go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Now, scroll down and locate Screen Lock, and tap on it.
- Turn on the toggle next to Require Face ID to enable this feature.
- Lastly, relaunch the app to see if the problem has been fixed.
Alternatively, you may also head to Settings and check whether Face ID is enabled for Whatsapp or not. Follow the steps below to do it:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Next, scroll down and select WhatsApp.
- Switch on the toggle for Face ID.
- Afterward, follow the on-screen commands to enable Face ID for Whatsapp.
- Close the app and open WhatsApp to see if the Face ID has started working. If not, consider checking the Face ID settings by following the next method from this guide.
2. Check Face ID Access from Settings.
If Face ID is enabled for Whatsapp, the next troubleshooting method is to check whether the Face ID feature has permission from Whatsapp. Once you allow Whatsapp to provide the required permissions, you’ll be able to use Face ID on the iPhone without any problem.
Here’s what you must do:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down until you find Face ID & Passcode. Tap on it.
- Then, provide your passcode.
- Next, go to Other Apps.
- From all the apps allowing Face ID, check for WhatsApp. Make sure the toggle is switched on.
- Close Settings and open WhatsApp to check if the issue has been fixed.
4. Restart iPhone.
The Face ID not working in Whatsapp on iPhone may be due to a temporary bug or glitch within the system. For this reason, an easy yet effective solution is to reboot your device. This will give your iPhone a fresh start and hopefully fix the issue you’re facing.
For the latest iPhone models:
- Press and hold down either the Volume Up or Volume Down buttons and the Side button until you see the slider appear on your iPhone’s screen.
- Drag the slider across the screen.
- To restart your device, press and hold down the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
For the older iPhone models:
- Press and hold down the Side button until you see the slider appear on the screen.
- Slide the slider across the screen.
- Then, press and hold the Side button to restart your device.
5. Clear the TrueDepth Camera.
The Face ID feature only works on your iPhone when the TrueDepth camera detects your face from the front-facing camera. If the notch where it’s present is dirty, or something is covering the area, such as a screen protector, etc., the Face ID may not work properly.
Therefore, it’s recommended that you clean the TrueDepth Camera, preferably with a microfiber cloth. Then, check whether the Face ID works in Whatsapp or not.
6. Update Whatsapp.
App developers occasionally release new updates to improve user experience and eliminate bugs and issues that users might be facing. So, if you can’t get the Face ID to work in Whatsapp, we suggest you check for any pending app update and install it on your iPhone.
Simply follow the steps below:
- Launch the App Store on your device.
- Go to the Profile icon present on the top right corner of the screen.
- Refresh the available updates by swiping down.
- If there is any pending update for WhatsApp, tap on Update to download and install it.
7. Update iOS to the Latest Version.
Similar to app updates, Apple users also receive software updates once in a while. If the problem you’re facing is widespread, the developers may have taken it to notice and have released a fix for it.
So, check for any pending updates by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, select General.
- From there, tap on Software Update.
- If there is any update available, tap on Download & Install to update your iPhone to the latest iOS version.
8. Reset Face ID and Set It Up Again.
After trying all the solutions mentioned above, if you still can’t get the Face ID to work in Whatsapp, your last option is to reset the Face ID feature. Afterward, set it up again, and the Face ID not working in Whatsapp on iPhone should be resolved.
To reset the Face ID, perform the following steps:
- Open Settings on your device.
- Then, go to Face ID & Passcode.
- Tap on Reset Face ID.
To set up Face ID, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Select the Face ID & Passcode option.
- Then, tap on Setup Face ID.
- At last, tap on Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions to finish setting up Face ID.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Face ID not working in Whatsapp on iPhone. If you have further queries, feel free to put them down in the comments section below. We’ll get back to you in no time.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 😊