Do you encounter a “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error on Uplay?
Besides being the official game launcher of Ubisoft titles, Uplay is also responsible for storing your in-game progress and achievements. This means you don’t have to worry about losing your progress in case you need to uninstall your games.
Unfortunately, there have been reports from users who struggle to load their in-game progress due to a “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error.
Most of the time, this issue on Uplay is caused by third-party antivirus or Windows Firewall restricting network access to the app. However, it can also be due to corrupted game files or invalid host file entries related to Uplay.
The “Failed to Synchronize Achievement” error on Uplay is also not isolated to a single game and can occur on any Ubisoft title.
To help out, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error on Uplay.
Let’s get right into it!
1. Restart Your PC.
Whenever you encounter issues with Uplay or any application, the first thing you should do is restart your computer. This should reload your system resources and eliminate errors that may have occurred during use.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Go back to Uplay afterward and check if the error message still occurs.
2. Reinitialize Online Status.
There’s a known bug or glitch that occurs between Uplay’s servers and the PC client that causes the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error. Fortunately, the issue can be resolved by simply going offline, then online again.
See the steps below to guide you through the process:
- Launch Uplay on your computer and access the Menu tab.
- After that, select the Go Offline option.
- Finally, wait for 5 to 10 seconds before going online again.
Once done, try loading your game and see if the synchronize error still occurs.
3. Close Uplay Using Task Manager.
Restarting the Uplay client might not be enough to address this issue. As it turns out, the launcher continues to run other processes in the background even if the client is closed, which essentially doesn’t restart the entire application.
To fix the issue, we suggest closing Uplay and its related processes using the Task Manager to ensure it’s fully closed.
- Launch the Task Manager by pressing the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys on your keyboard.
- After that, go to the Processes tab.
- Find any Uplay-related tasks and close them.
Once done, relaunch the client and see if you’ll still encounter the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error.
4. Allow Uplay on Windows Firewall.
Windows Firewall is responsible for controlling the access of applications to your network. If you encounter the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error on Uplay, it might indicate that the app is struggling to connect with your network.
To fix this, follow the guide below to allow Uplay on Windows Defender Firewall:
- Open Windows Security on your computer.
- Now, click on Firewall & Network Protection and choose the Allow an App Through Firewall option.
- On the next page, click on Change Settings to unlock the settings.
- Locate Uplay and its related processes and ensure that they are allowed to access your Public and Private networks.
Restart your computer and see if you’ll still encounter the error on Uplay.
5. Run Uplay As Admin.
Another way to address this error message on Uplay is to run the client as an administrator. This should bypass any restrictions on your system and give Uplay total access to your resources.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, go to your desktop and locate Uplay.
- After that, right-click on the app and choose Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab and enable the ‘Run this Program as an Administrator’ option.
Relaunch Uplay afterward and see if you can now load your in-game progress.
6. Check Your Network Connection.
A slow or unstable internet connection could also be the reason you encounter the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error on Uplay. To confirm this, perform a test using Fast.com to measure your network’s upload and download bandwidth.
If the test indicates a problem with your connection, we recommend restarting your modem or router to refresh the link between your device and your ISP’s servers.
Disconnect your router from the power source and let it rest for 5 to 10 seconds. Once done, reconnect your modem and wait for it to initialize.
Re-run the test on your network to confirm if the restart worked. If not, get in touch with your ISP and ask them to fix their service.
7. Update Your Network Drivers.
Corrupted or outdated network drivers could also cause sync issues to Uplay and its games. Due to this, we suggest updating your drivers to the latest version to patch possible bugs and errors.
See the steps below to update your drivers:
- First, press the Windows + X keys on your keyboard to open the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager and expand the Network Adapters tab.
- Lastly, right-click on your network controller and choose Update Driver. Follow the prompts to proceed.
Restart your system after the update to apply changes. Go back to Uplay and see if you can now load your progress.
8. Update Windows.
If none of the solutions above worked, the last thing you can do is update your operating system. The version you are running might have underlying issues related to network connectivity.
To rule out possible issues, follow the steps below to update Windows:
- On your computer, access the Start Menu and go to Windows Settings.
- After that, click on Update & Security and click on Windows Update.
- Finally, click on Check for Updates and follow the prompts.
Relaunch Uplay afterward and check if the problem is solved.
That sums up our guide on how to fix the “Failed to Synchronize Achievements” error on Uplay. If you have questions or other concerns, please voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to answer them.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂