Can’t figure out why you’re encountering a failed transaction error on MetaMask?
Cryptocurrency has been on a wild ride for the past few years. With Bitcoin’s value skyrocketing and other coins being introduced, many people considered investing in crypto. Like Bitcoin, no one predicted it would be significant after a few years.
If you’re planning to get into crypto, you’ll have to invest in a good and secure wallet to keep your investment safe.
Since cryptocurrencies are decentralized, you’re solely responsible for your money in the crypto market.
One of the best software-based crypto wallets in the world is MetaMask. It’s an open-source and web-based crypto wallet developed by ConsenSys.
Despite its current status, MetaMask is not exempted from downtimes and occasional errors.
If you’re reading this, we can assume that you’re experiencing a failed transaction error on MetaMask.
Today, we will show you how to fix MetaMask if you can’t perform a transaction using MetaMask.
1. Restart Your Device.
Before tweaking your system configurations, the first thing you can do if MetaMask is not working is restart your system. This allows your computer to reload its resources and eliminate errors.
For Windows users, here’s how you can restart your PC:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to access the Start Menu.
- Next, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click Restart to reboot your system.
On Mac, see the steps below to restart it:
- First, open the Apple Menu on your Mac.
- After that, choose Restart from the drop-down menu.
- Lastly, click Restart on the dialog box to confirm your action.
Go back to your browser afterward to check if MetaMask is working.
2. Connect Your Wallet First.
Based on the reports, failed transactions on MetaMask usually occur when you directly purchase on a web3 site without connecting your wallet first. To avoid this issue, we recommend connecting your MetaMask wallet first before buying anything.
Simply go to the site you want to make a transaction and connect your MetaMask wallet.
3. Re-Login Your MetaMask Wallet.
Your account may have run into an error due to temporary bugs and glitches on the platform. To fix this, we recommend logging out of your current session to force the plugin to reload your account data.
Here’s what you need to do:
- First, open your web browser.
- After that, access the MetaMask plugin.
- Lastly, go to your Profile and click the Lock button.
Wait for 2-3 minutes before logging back into your MetaMask wallet.
4. Clear Your Browsing Data.
You can also try clearing your browsing data if you encounter a transaction failed error on MetaMask when purchasing tokens on web3 sites. Some of your browsing data may have gotten corrupted, causing your plugins to malfunction.
To resolve this, see the steps below to clear your browsing data:
- Launch your preferred browser.
- Next, go to the Settings and scroll down to the Privacy & Security tab.
- After that, click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, change the Time Range to All Time and include caches and cookies in the process.
- Finally, click the Clear Data button to start.
After clearing your browsing data, go back to MetaMask to check if the problem is solved.
5. Reinstall MetaMask.
If you still can’t purchase tokens using your MetaMask wallet, we suggest reinstalling the browser plugin on your computer. This way, you can ensure that there are no corrupted installation files on your storage.
For Chrome users, see the steps below to remove MetaMask:
- On your browser, click on More Options and choose Settings.
- Now, access the Extensions tab on the side drawer.
- Finally, locate MetaMask and choose Remove.
On Firefox, follow the guide below to delete MetaMask:
- First, open Mozilla Firefox on your browser.
- After that, click on Menu and access the Settings.
- Next, click on Extensions & Themes.
- Lastly, find MetaMask, click on More, and choose Remove.
Go back to MetaMask afterward to check if the problem is solved.
6. Contact MetaMask.
At this point, the last thing you can do is let the professionals handle the situation.
Go to MetaMask’s support page and contact their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing on the platform. To help their team, provide all the necessary details on your report, including the screenshot of the error.
That ends our guide on how to fix the failed transaction error on MetaMask. If you have questions, please let us know in the comment section, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂