Wondering how to fix blurry weather text on the taskbar on your Windows?
Windows 10 PCs have a News and Interests widget on their taskbar to enable easy access to the latest information relevant to your field of interest. You can view top stories on the news, weather forecasts, updates on your favorite topics by simply clicking the widget on your taskbar. You will be able to view trending information based on what you enjoy.
However, several users recently complained that the weather text on their News and Interests Widget is blurry. In the pop-up window, the text and buttons appear hard to read and see.
If you are facing a similar issue, you are in the right place because in this guide, we will walk you through several methods of fixing blurry weather text on the taskbar. All the methods are easy to execute and should not take much of your time.
Let’s get started!
1. Install the Latest Updates.
Update your computer now if you haven’t done so yet because outdated programs and operating systems can cause frequent errors like the one at hand.
The easiest way to resolve this issue is to install every pending update on your PC. Doing so will provide you access to the latest features and resolve corruption errors since the latest updates are packed with bug fixes.
Here is how you can install the pending updates on your PC:
- Open a Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously.
- Type ‘ms-settings:windowsupdate’ in the text field of the dialogue box and hit Enter. Doing so will launch the Windows Update tab.
- In the right pane, click on Check for updates and wait for the Windows to complete scanning. In case Windows identifies pending updates, follow the on-screen instructions to install them.
Once all the pending updates have been installed, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved.
2. Try Using CleanMyPC.
You might encounter problems executing the methods to fix the error under consideration if your operating system contains corruption errors.
In general, corruption issues result from junk files in your system, so if you haven’t cleaned them up in a while, now is the time. We recently tested some of the best cleaners in the market and found CleanMyPC to be the best.
The program includes a variety of tools for system maintenance that can do much more than just remove junk files. The tools listed here include (but are not limited to) Multi-Uninstaller, Registry Cleaner, and a Speed Booster. You must install CleanMyPC and then run a scan through it to fix the problem. If any issues are found, it will take care of them without much user input.
Install CleanMyPC now and get your PC up and running like new!
3. Increase the DPI Scaling of Your System’s Display
It is possible that the text of the Weather widget (officially the News & Interests widget) appears blurry on your system’s taskbar if your display’s DPI Scaling is not suitable for the Weather widget. In these circumstances, a higher scaling DPI may solve the problem.
- Press Windows + I keys simultaneously on your PC to open Windows Settings.
- Select System from the list of options available.
- In the next window, select Display from the left panel, and in the right pane, expand the dropdown menu under Change the size of text, apps, and other items.
- Select 125% and reboot your PC.
- If upon reboot the weather text is still blurry, then try another resolution instead of 125%.
- You can also right-click on the taskbar and select News and Interest > Show icon only. It will hide the text.
This brings us to the end of our guide on fixing the blurry weather text on the taskbar. We tried walking you through all the steps in detail and hope that one of the methods mentioned in this post did the trick for you. In case you still have any confusion about the troubleshooting steps, please let us know in the comment section below!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂