Want to follow up on important calls but missed call notifications not showing on iPhone?
Delay in communication is not sustainable in today’s world. That’s why you need to receive and view all your notifications timely. But what if your iPhone isn’t showing you the important calls you missed, risking the loss of potential business or personal connections?
Many iPhone users have taken to various forums and reported the same issue. But don’t fret as we have some of the most effective solutions for this issue. Simply follow along and you’ll get back to receiving all the missed call notifications in no time.
Let’s get started!
1. Restart your iPhone.
The first fix to tackle this problem is a simple restart. This method can effectively troubleshoot missed call notifications not showing on your iPhone, as restarting your device can eliminate any software glitches or bugs responsible for the error.
Here’s how you can restart older iPhone models:
- Press and hold the Lock button until the power-off slider appears.
- Drag the slider across the screen.
- Wait for several seconds, then, press and hold the Lock button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
Similarly, to restart newer iPhone models, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the Side button and either of the Volume button simultaneously until you see the slider appear.
- Then, drag the slider across the screen.
- After a few seconds, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Once done, check to see whether the error is resolved or not.
2. Turn On Notifications for the Phone App.
Missed call notifications may not appear on your iPhone if you have disabled them for the Phone app. By turning on the notifications for the Phone app, you can ensure that your device receives alerts for any incoming calls.
Here’s how you can turn on notifications for the Phone app:
- First, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, go to Notifications.
- Scroll down and look for the Phone app and tap on it.
- Next, switch on the toggle for Allow Notifications.
Now, check if the call notifications are appearing on your Apple device.
3. Configure Notification Alert and Banner Style.
With the iOS feature, you can customize your notification settings for the Phone app according to your preference. However, it is possible that you have set the notifications to not appear on your Lock Screen or Notification Center.
Hence, by changing these settings, you can decide how your device shows notifications for the Phone app and avoid confusion.
Here’s how to review and adjust your settings for notification alerts and banner style:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Then, scroll down and select the Phone app.
- In the next screen, select Notifications.
- Under the Alerts sections, ensure the Lock Screen, Notification Center, and Banners are enabled.
- After that, tap on Banner Style.
- From there, select the Persistent option.
Once you have configured the Phone app notifications, check to see if the problem is fixed.
4. Check the Blocked Contacts List.
If you cannot view missed calls from a certain contact, you may have accidentally blocked them. Reviewing your Blocked Contacts list can enable you to unblock any number and receive missed call notifications.
To check the Blocked Contacts list, perform the following steps:
- First, go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Phone.
- Then, look for Blocked Contacts and tap on it.
- On the upper-right corner of the screen, tap on Edit.
- To unblock a number, tap on the red minus sign icon on its left side and tap on Unblock.
- Then, tap on the Done option at the upper-right corner of the screen to confirm the changes.
Now, check to see if you can view missed calls from that specific contact.
5. Turn Off Do Not Disturb Mode.
Frequent enabling and disabling of the Do Not Disturb mode can also cause missed call notifications to not appear on iPhone. Turning this mode on silences incoming calls and text messages. Hence, turning the DND mode off will resolve the issue, as you will receive alerts of missed calls, etc.
To disable Do Not Disturb Mode, follow the actions below:
- Firstly, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen to access the Control Center.
- Now, tap on the Focus icon to disable the mode.
Now, see if the missed call notifications are appearing on your iPhone.
6. Allow Calls From Everyone in Do Not Disturb Mode.
If you prefer to keep the Do Not Disturb mode on, then set the mode to Allow Calls From Everyone. This feature will bypass the DND settings and enable your device to receive calls from everyone in your contacts and unknown numbers.
Therefore, you will receive missed call notifications, although the Do Not Disturb mode is activated. Here’s how you can do it:
- First, go to the Settings app.
- Then, tap on Focus.
- Now, choose the Focus mode you want to edit.
- Then, select People.
- Lastly, tap on Add People to choose contacts you want to receive calls from even when the Focus mode is enabled.
After this, you should be able to see missed call notifications on your iPhone. If the issue is still not resolved, continue to the next method.
7. Disable Silence Unknown Callers Feature.
Apple has a feature that blocks all calls from numbers not saved in your contact book. So you will not get notified about their incoming calls or even their notifications. They will, however, show in the recent section of your call log.
If that describes your case, then use the following steps to disable this feature:
- First, head over to Settings.
- Then, scroll down and tap on Phone.
- Then, go to Silence Unknown Callers by tapping on it.
- Turn off the toggle next to Silence Unknown Callers to disable the feature.
This should fix the missed call notifications not showing issue from unknown callers.
8. Update the iOS to the Latest Version.
iOS updates come with various new features, improvements, and bug fixes that can help resolve issues such as missed call notifications not showing on iPhone. By updating your iOS to the latest version, you can ensure your device’s software is up-to-date and free from bugs causing any errors.
To check for any pending iOS updates, perform the following actions:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Then, select General.
- Then, choose Software Update.
- If there are any pending updates, tap on Download and Install.
Ensure your iPhone has enough storage and battery required for its update. Once your iPhone is updated to the latest iOS version, check to see if you can view the missed call notifications.
9. Reset Network Settings.
If this problem is caused by any network-related issues, then resetting your device’s Network settings will prove helpful. Resetting the Network settings returns all values to default, clearing any settings that may interfere with missed call notifications.
Follow the steps mentioned below to reset Network settings:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Then, go to General.
- Scroll down and select Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Then, tap on the Reset option and choose Reset Network Settings from the pop-up options.
- Enter your passcode when prompted to confirm your action.
Once the process is complete, check to see if this method resolved the missed call notifications issue.
10. Contact Apple Support.
If none of these fixes work, you may have a damaged cellular modem. In that case, take your device to the nearest Apple store and have experts identify and fix the issue.
This brings our guide on how to fix missed call notifications not showing on iPhone to an end. For more queries, head over to the comment section below. We’ll be happy to provide further assistance.
If this guide helped you, please share it.