Wondering how to fix SideBySide error 59 on Windows 10?
Every operating system is prone to errors, and Windows 10 is no exception.
It is common for Windows 10 users to encounter errors while performing certain tasks on Windows now and then. While most of these errors can be resolved by simply restarting the PC, others can be very time-consuming to fix.
One such frustrating error is the SideBySide error 59 on Windows 10, which occurs when the users try to launch certain applications on their operating system.
We had a look into this matter and discovered that the error under consideration can occur due to a large number of reasons, including corrupt OS-related dependencies, missing visual C++ Redist. package, and corrupt system files.
If you are facing a similar issue, you are in the right place because this guide is going to walk you through all the relevant troubleshooting steps in detail which will help you resolve the issue in no time.
Let’s get started.
1. Run DISM and SFC Scans.
Typically, errors such as the one at hand are caused by corrupt files in the operating system that interfere with the use of VC++ dependencies. If you are facing the SideBySide error 59 on Windows 10, then the first thing you should try doing is running DISM and SFC scans.
DISM and SFC are two handy Windows tools that scan your system for potential problems, fix them with little input, and optimize your computer for maximum performance.
Here is how you can run DISM and SFC scans on your Windows to resolve the SideBySide error 59:
- Type cmd in the search bar and click on Run as administrator.
- In elevated Command Prompt, type the command listed below and hit Enter to execute it.
- Once the operation is complete, restart your PC and check if the issue is resolved. If the error persists, proceed with the 4th step.
- Open elevated Command Prompt again and this time, execute the following command.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot your PC.
If a corruption error within the system is causing the issue, running DISM and SFC scans should resolve the issue.
2. Install Missing Microsoft Visual C++ Redist. Packages.
As we mentioned earlier, SideBySide error 59 can be caused by missing Visual C++ Redist. Packages.
Typically, this happens when the program you are trying to launch cannot locate relevant Visual C++ dependency. In this case, the easiest way to resolve the issue at hand is by installing the missing dependencies manually.
Here is what you need to do:
- Open Windows + R keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open a Run dialogue box.
- Inside the text field of the dialogue box, type cmd and hit Enter. Doing so will launch elevated Command Prompt.
- Inside the Command Prompt window, type the command mentioned below and hit Enter to execute it.
SxsTrace Trace -logfile:SxsTrace.etl
- Once the Command Prompt executes the command, minimize the Command Prompt window and launch the program that caused the issue at hand.
- Now open Command Prompt again and execute the command mentioned below. Doing so will generate a SxsTrace.etl.
sxstrace Parse -logfile:SxSTrace.etl -outfile:SxSTrace.txt
- Next, launch the SxsTrace.etl file using a text editor and check if the VC++ runtime dependency is present. If not, then open your browser and navigate to the official Windows VC++ downloads page.
- Locate the missing VC++ dependency and install the version compatible with your PC.
- Once the download is complete, complete the installation using the on-screen instructions and restart your PC.
In case missing VC++ dependencies were causing the issue, you can fix it by installing them by following the method above.
3. Try Using CleanMyPC.
If running DISM and SFC scans did not resolve the issue, then you can also try eliminating the corruption errors and bugs using a reliable PC cleaner.
PC cleaners are specifically designed to scan the operating system for junk files that can be causing issues within the operating system and eliminate them without significant user input. We recently tested some of the best PC cleaners in the market and found CleanMyPC to be the best, so if you are looking for a recommendation, try using CleanMyPC.
CleanMyPC comes with an easy-to-use interface and a wide range of handy tools. These system maintenance tools can take care of some of the major PC-related problems, such as slow speed and sluggish performance.
All that you need to do is install CleanMyPC to get your PC up and running like new!
4. Clean Install Windows.
If none of the methods mentioned above has worked for you, then this implies that the error causing the issue at hand cannot be solved using the conventional troubleshooting steps.
In this case, we recommend going ahead and clean installing Windows on your PC. Doing so will install a fresh copy of Windows, thus resolving the error in the process.
Here is what you need to do:
- Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and once the download is complete, run the MediaCreationTool.exe file.
- Select Create installation media for another PC in the first window that pops up on your screen and hit Next.
- In the next window, checkmark the box associated with Use the recommended options for this PC and click Next.
- Now choose USB flash drive or ISO file (for burning to a DVD later) and hit Next.
- Select the drive in the next window and click Next to proceed.
- Once the process is completed, click on Finish and restart your PC with the DVD or USB flash drive inserted.
- Hit any key on your keyboard to boot from a USB flash drive or DVD and follow the on-screen instructions to proceed. You will have to enter your Windows license key here.
- Now see if your computer boots from the bootable USB drive or DVD you created. If not, then you will have to press a key or a combination of keys to do so. Check with the manufacturer of your PC for the keys.
- In the next window, click on Change what to keep hyperlink and select Nothing (recommended). Doing so will delete all the contents of the partition drive and install Windows 10 from scratch.
- Hit Next and wait for the process to complete.
Clean installing Windows should resolve the issue once and for all.
This brings us to the end of our guide on fixing the SideBySide error 59 on Windows 10. We tried walking you through all the steps in detail and hope that one of the methods mentioned in this post did the trick for you. In case you still have any confusion about the troubleshooting steps, please let us know in the comment section below!
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂