Is Snapchat freezing randomly on your device?
Snapchat has been around for quite some time now, and their app is quite optimized for most devices. However, this doesn’t eliminate the possibility that it can still run poorly on some systems.
If Snapchat is freezing randomly, we get that you are getting frustrated right now. It is annoying to use an app that hangs no matter what you do with it.
Applications need a certain amount of memory and CPU cores to run smoothly. Usually, the cause of random freezing on applications is a lack of system resources. However, it is also possible that the problem is due to network issues or corrupted files.
Whatever the case is, we are here to help you out!
In this guide, we’ll show you a few tips to get rid of random freezes on Snapchat.
Let’s get started!
- 1. Check Snapchat’s Servers.
- 2. Restart the App.
- 3. Check for Updates.
- 4. Clear App Cache.
- 5. Reinstall Snapchat.
- 6. Check and Reset Your Network.
- 7. Check Network Permissions.
- 8. Try Fiverr.
- 9. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
1. Check Snapchat’s Servers.
If you see unusual behavior on Snapchat, the first thing that you should do is to check their servers. Possibly, there is ongoing maintenance on their end, or their servers encountered a problem during run time.
2. Restart the App.
A temporary error that occurred during run time could also be the cause for Snapchat freezing. Thankfully, restarting the app should be able to fix any error that may have happened.
On Android, you can restart Snapchat using the app switcher. First, swipe up from the bottom of your screen until the application switcher appears. Now, find Snapchat and drag it upwards to stop it from running.
For iOS devices with an all-screen display, you can restart Snapchat by swiping upwards on your screen to open the app switcher. After that, find Snapchat and flick it upwards to remove it from the list.
If you use an iOS device with a Home button, tap it twice to open the app switcher. Now, follow the same steps above to close Snapchat.
After closing Snapchat, go back to your home screen and restart it.
3. Check for Updates.
Snapchat releases an update to their application from time to time to ensure that it is well optimized. If you’ve observed that Snapchat is freezing, try to check for an update. Their developers could’ve rolled out an update to improve its performance.
To update Snapchat on Android devices, follow the guide below.
- First, open Google Play Store on your device and tap on the Menu button to view the side menu.
- Now, tap on My Apps & Games to prompt the Play Store to check for possible updates on all the apps installed on your system.
- Finally, tap on the Update button beside Snapchat if there is an update.
For iOS devices, check out the steps below to update Snapchat.
- On your device, tap on the App Store from the home screen to open it.
- After opening the App Store, tap on the Updates tab. This will prompt your device to check for possible updates on all the applications installed on your device.
- Finally, tap on Update if the App Store detected an update for Snapchat.
After updating Snapchat, try using it for a couple of minutes to check if you would experience random freezing on the app.
4. Clear App Cache.
App caches are temporary data stored on your device locally to help improve the performance of applications. However, these data accumulate over time and could get more challenging to load on your system, which causes random freezes on Snapchat.
To fix this, try to clear your app cache and see if Snapchat’s performance improved.
- On your device, tap on Snapchat to open it.
- After that, tap on the Profile icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Tap on Settings and scroll down until you see the Account Actions tab.
- Next, tap on the Clear Cache button.
- Finally, tap on Continue (Android) or Clear All (iOS) to delete your app cache.
Once done, restart the app and observe if the issue with Snapchat freezing is already fixed.
5. Reinstall Snapchat.
Snapchat’s installation files could’ve gotten corrupted, and a simple update can no longer fix them. If this is the case, we suggest that you delete Snapchat from your device and reinstall it.
On Android, you can reinstall Snapchat by doing the following:
- First, find Snapchat from your home screen.
- Now, tap and hold its app icon until the selection screen appears.
- After that, tap on Uninstall and follow the on-screen prompts to delete the app.
- Finally, go to the Play Store and reinstall Snapchat.
If you are using an iOS device, follow the step-by-step guide below to reinstall Snapchat.
- On your device, locate Snapchat and hold down its app icon until the option screen shows.
- After that, tap on Remove App to uninstall the app.
- Finally, open the App Store from your home screen and reinstall Snapchat.
Reaccess your account to check if the problem with Snapchat freezing is resolved.
6. Check and Reset Your Network.
If Snapchat freezes when you view a snap or make a post, you may be experiencing a network related problem. To verify this, run a speed test on your network using Fast.com to measure its speed bandwidth.
Now, if your network is the problem, try to restart your router to re-establish a better connection with your service provider’s servers.
To do this, unplug your router’s power cable from the wall outlet to turn it off. Now, allow it to rest for 5 to 10 seconds before plugging the power cable back in.
After restarting your router, run another speed test. If your network continues to run slow, contact your ISP immediately and ask them to fix their service.
7. Check Network Permissions.
Network related issues could also be due to improper permissions. Possibly, Snapchat doesn’t have the permissions to access your network, which causes it to freeze when you try to view a snap or send one.
For Android users, you can check your network permissions by doing the following:
- First, open Snapchat and tap on your Profile icon.
- After that, open settings and scroll down to the Privacy tab.
- Finally, tap on Permissions and ensure that Snapchat can access your network.
On iOS, you can manage your network permissions by doing the following steps.
- On your device, launch Snapchat and hit the Profile icon on the top left corner of your screen.
- Now, tap on Settings and go to Additional Services.
- After that, tap on Manage.
- Finally, tap on Permissions and make sure that Snapchat can use your network without restrictions.
Once done, try to use Snapchat for a few minutes to see if it still freezes.
8. Try Fiverr.
Want to earn extra income online? Check out Fiverr.
Fiverr is an online marketplace where you can potentially meet clients that need services from different fields. Whether you are a web developer, writer, or graphics artist, you can easily find clients on Fiverr.
It has a secure payment channel that holds the funds from your clients so that you won’t get scammed after delivering the project.
On the other hand, you can also find freelancers on the platform if you have some projects that need work.
Use Fiverr now and earn thousands of dollars online!
9. Report the Problem to Snapchat.
If you continue to encounter problems on Snapchat, we recommend that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Report the problem to Snapchat and hope that they can provide a solution instantly. When reporting an issue, try to include helpful information like the exact steps that trigger the problem to help their team address it faster.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to fix Snapchat freezing. If you have other questions or concerns, leave a comment below, and we’ll try our best to help you out.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂