Can’t seem to fix stuck on Emergency SOS Mode on iPhone?
The iPhone Emergency SOS mode is undoubtedly a creative and helpful feature for those in times of need.
If you’re in any emergency situation, enabling this feature will allow you to contact your emergency contacts and immediately send them your precise location.
However, one common complaint from users is that their devices get stuck in this mode. This prevents you from contacting anyone other than your emergency contacts and from accessing the device.
Although the causes behind this issue are various, a few of the main ones include software bugs, errors, or problematic input.
This error can be resolved with the help of several troubleshooting methods mentioned in this guide.
So, let’s get started right away!
1. Restart Your iPhone.
The first method we recommend before diving into other solutions for fixing your iPhone stuck on Emergency SOS mode is simply restarting your device. Restarting your iPhone can help resolve the issue as this procedure eliminates any bugs or software glitches responsible for the error.
By opting for this as your first troubleshooting step, you can fix the issue without troubling yourself with other advanced methods.
So, here’s how you can restart your iPhone:
- Start by pressing and holding the Power button of your iPhone.
- Next, release the button once the power off slider appears on the screen.
- Drag the slider across to turn off your device.
- Wait for several seconds.
- Now, restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the Power button again.
- Let it go once you see the Apple logo on the screen. This indicates that your iPhone is booting.
After restarting, the stuck on Emergency SOS mode issue on iPhone should be fixed. Otherwise, go to the next method to solve this issue.
2. Power Off Your Device and Charge It.
If a simple restart fails to help you overcome the issue, then the next method to opt for is powering off your device and letting it charge. One of the reasons behind your iPhone being stuck on Emergency SOS mode can be a software issue. If that’s the case, then powering off your device will reset the software, eliminating any issues.
Moreover, if your iPhone has a lower battery percentage, it may be possible that the Low Power Mode is enabled, leading to the malfunction of your device. So charging your iPhone will give it adequate power to perform properly without causing any disturbances.
Therefore, to power off your iPhone and charge it, follow the step mentioned below:
- Turn off your Apple device by pressing and holding the Power button for a few seconds.
- After that, drag the slider to the right to power off your iPhone.
- Now, plug your iPhone into its charger and allow it to charge.
Once your iPhone has sufficient battery, the stuck on Emergency SOS mode issue should be fixed.
3. Update iPhone in Recovery Mode.
Another fix if your iPhone is stuck in Emergency SOS mode due to an underlying software issue is to update your device to Recovery Mode. By doing so, your iPhone’s operating system will be reinstalled, eliminating any kind of software-related issue along the way.
Updating your iPhone’s iOS will fix any bugs or issues causing the error. Simply follow the steps below to update your device in Recovery Mode:
- Connect your Apple device to your computer.
- Also, launch iTunes on your PC.
- Next, hard reset your iPhone by pressing the Power Up button and releasing it.
- Press the Power Down button and let it go.
- Now, press and hold the Power button till you see the Connect to iTunes logo on your iPhone’s screen.
- On your computer screen, a pop-up will appear. Select Update from there to start the process.
Note that this method will not erase any of your device data. The stuck on Emergency SOS mode on the iPhone problem should be successfully fixed now.
4. Restore iPhone via iTunes.
If the solutions mentioned above have so far been unable to fix your iPhone stuck on Emergency SOS mode, then we suggest restoring your device through iTunes. This method can be effective as it removes all data from your device and reinstalls the most recent iOS version.
So, any software bug or error leading to your iPhone being stuck in this mode will disappear once you’ve restored your device with the help of iTunes. This is because this solution will eliminate any software-related issue that may be the culprit.
But before we dive into the steps of this method, it’s important to know that all of your data will be erased from the device. So, it’s best to first back up all your data before proceeding to the steps below.
- Begin by downloading and installing the latest iTunes version on your PC.
- After that, connect your iPhone to your computer.
- From the pop-up that appears, choose Trust this computer.
- Once the iTunes window appears, go to Summary from the left sidebar.
- Under the Backups section, select This computer.
- Then, click on the Back Up Now button to create a backup of your Apple device.
Here’s how to restore your iPhone through iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC and launch iTunes.
- Next, click on the Device tab and select Summary from the left pane.
- Finally, click on the Restore iPhone button to start the process. This will take a while to complete.
Once done, your iPhone will restart, and the Emergency SOS screen should be gone.
5. Contact Apple Support.
The last resort to fixing your iPhone stuck in Emergency SOS mode if none of the methods mentioned above work is by contacting the Apple Support team. It can be possible that this issue has risen due to your iPhone’s faulty hardware component.
So, it’s ideal to seek professional help and let them identify the main cause and possible solutions to your problem. Furthermore, if you don’t have an Apple Store nearby, you can always opt for online help from specialists.
This brings us to the conclusion of our guide on how to fix Stuck on Emergency SOS mode on iPhone. We hope that by following the troubleshooting methods in this guide, you’ve successfully resolved the issue. If you have any further questions, let us know by using the comments section below. We’ll provide further assistance in no time.
If this guide helped you, please share it.