Want to know how you can fix freezing issues on Bumble?
Bumble has become one of the most popular dating apps on the market. The app currently has over 40 million users, and that number keeps growing. Given the volume of users on the platform, it’s no surprise if the app suffers from occasional downtimes.
Maintaining application servers is no easy task, especially if it handles millions of user traffic daily.
Due to this, errors and downtimes are simply inevitable for any application. If you’re reading this, you are probably suffering from freezing issues on Bumble.
Usually, this issue is caused by faulty or offline servers. However, it can also be due to bugs, outdated software, or third-party applications that consume system resources.
To help you out, we’ve decided to make a guide for fixing freezing issues on Bumble.
Let’s dive right in!
1. Check Bumble Servers.
When you run into issues on Bumble, the first thing you should do is check the status of the servers. Given that the app is an online service, it relies on its servers to deliver services and function correctly.
You can use third-party sites such as Downdetector to view the app’s current status.
Unfortunately, there’s nothing you can do if the servers are down since server-related issues can’t be addressed on your end. However, if there’s nothing wrong with Bumble, proceed to the next step below to start the troubleshooting process.
2. Restart Your Device.
One of the most common reasons Bumble freezes on your device is if there are not enough resources left on your system. There might also be a bug or glitch on your system that prevents the app from functioning.
To fix this, restart your device to close unnecessary applications and clear your system cache to eliminate temporary bugs and errors.
For Android users, here’s how you can restart your device:
- First, locate the Power button on your Android device.
- After that, press and hold it to access the selection menu.
- Lastly, tap the Restart option to reboot your system.
If you’re using an iOS device, see the steps below to reboot it:
- On your screen, access the Assistive Touch.
- Now, open the Device tab and tap on More.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your device.
Once done, go back to Bumble to check if the problem is solved.
3. Clear Bumble’s Cache (Android).
For Android users, we suggest clearing Bumble’s cache if you experience performance issues. This should eliminate temporary errors and corrupted files from your system that prevent Bumble from functioning correctly.
See the steps below to clear Bumble’s cache on your device:
- Locate Bumble from your app drawer.
- After that, press and hold its app icon and tap on App Info.
- Finally, access the Storage tab and tap on Clear Cache.
Once done, restart Bumble and check if the app still freezes.
4. Update Bumble.
Bumble releases timely updates on its app to ensure that it’s optimized for most devices and errors get patched. If you haven’t updated the Bumble app for a while, try doing so and see if the problem goes away.
On Android devices, here’s how you can update Bumble:
- First, open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Next, go to your Profile and tap on Manage Apps & Device.
- Lastly, open the Updates Available tab and tap the Update button next to Bumble.
For iOS users, see the guide below to update Bumble:
- On your device, launch the App Store and access your Profile.
- Now, locate the Bumble app from the list.
- Finally, hit the Update button beside Bumble to update the app.
Go back to your account afterward and observe if you still experience freezing issues.
5. Reinstall Bumble.
If you are still experiencing freezing issues on Bumble, we suggest you reinstall the app to ensure that everything’s in order.
See the steps below to reinstall Bumble on your mobile device:
- Locate Bumble from your home screen.
- After that, press and hold its app icon to access the selection menu.
- Finally, tap Remove App (iOS) or Uninstall (Android) to delete Bumble.
Once done, go to the Google Play Store or App Store on your device and reinstall the app from there.
6. Report the Problem to Bumble.
If you still experience freezing issues on Bumble, it’s time that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Visit Bumble’s Help Center and get in touch with their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing. Provide all the necessary details on your report to make it easier for Bumble’s team to assess the situation.
While waiting, you can also browse the guides on their page and see if you can find other solutions.
That wraps up our guide for fixing freezing issues on Bumble. For your questions and other concerns, please voice them out in the comment section, and we’ll be glad to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂