Can’t figure out why the fullscreen feature is not working on Twitch?
Twitch has been our primary source of game streams over the years. The platform caters to millions of content creators and fans. If you want to watch Esports events, Twitch is also the best platform to use.
Although Twitch is obviously the primary choice of many gamers, this doesn’t mean that the app is flawless.
If you’re a regular user, you probably know that the fullscreen feature on the platform is not always working. When it decides to malfunction, you have no choice but to watch streams on a small window.
Sadly, this can ruin your viewing experience.
Based on what we know, this issue is usually caused by corrupted installation files. However, it can also be due to server-related issues, broken drivers, or improper user configurations.
Today, we’ll show you what to do if the fullscreen feature is not working on Twitch.
Let’s get started!
1. Check Twitch Servers.
As mentioned earlier, server-related issues can cause some features on Twitch to malfunction. If you can’t watch streams on fullscreen, it may indicate that Twitch’s servers are offline. You can confirm this by visiting Twitch’s status page.
If there’s an ongoing issue on the platform, the only thing you can do is wait since server-related problems can’t be resolved on your end.
However, you can proceed to the following solutions below if there’s nothing wrong with servers.
2. Restart Your Computer.
A temporary bug or glitch may have occurred on your device, causing Twitch and other apps to malfunction. To fix this, restart your computer to reload its system resources and eliminate temporary errors.
Check out the guide below to restart your PC:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to access the Start Menu.
- Next, go to the Power Options tab.
- Finally, click Restart to reboot your system.
Once done, go back to Twitch to check if you can use the fullscreen option on the media player.
3. Re-Login to Your Account.
Your account data may have gotten corrupted due to unexpected bugs and glitches on the platform. If this is the case, we recommend closing your current session and logging back in after a few minutes to refresh your data.
See the steps below to log out of your Twitch account:
- First, click on your Profile on the upper right corner of the window.
- On the drop-down menu, click the Log Out option.
- Lastly, re-login to your account after 2-3 minutes.
Now, try streaming another video to check if the problem is solved.
4. Update Your Display Drivers.
When watching videos on your computer, your system uses your video card to display the content. If you can’t use the fullscreen feature on Twitch, it’s possible that your graphics card is not working correctly.
To fix this, follow the guide below to update your display drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Menu.
- Next, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose the Update Driver option and follow the prompts.
Restart your system after the update and check if the fullscreen feature is working on Twitch.
5. Clear Your Browsing Data.
If you’re using a web browser, clearing your data might help resolve the issue with the fullscreen feature of Twitch. This should eliminate corrupted caches and cookies from your system, which might be affecting your browser’s performance.
Here’s how you can clear your browsing data:
- On your browser, click on More Options and choose Settings.
- Now, scroll down to Privacy and Security and click on Clear Browsing Data.
- After that, click on the Time Range tab and choose All Time.
- Finally, include caches and cookies in the process and click on Clear Data.
Once done, re-login to your Twitch account and check if the problem is solved.
6. Use Another Browser.
If the fullscreen feature is still not working on Twitch, we recommend using a different browser. The current one you’re using might be experiencing technical issues or is not compatible with Twitch.
Ideally, we recommend using well-optimized browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Opera to stream content on Twitch.
7. Reinstall Twitch.
For those who are using a desktop app, try reinstalling Twitch if you still can’t use the fullscreen feature. The app may not be installed correctly on your computer, or some of its files may have gotten corrupted.
See the guide below to remove Twitch from your system:
- Launch the Control Panel on your computer and click on Uninstall a Program.
- After that, locate Twitch from the list.
- Finally, right-click on the app and choose Uninstall.
Once done, go to Twitch’s website and download the latest installer from there.
8. Contact Twitch Support.
If none of the solutions above worked, we recommend that you let the professionals handle the situation.
Go to Twitch’s Support page and contact their team to report the issue you’ve been experiencing with the media player. While waiting, you can browse the guides on their page and see if you can find alternative solutions.
That ends our guide on what to do if the fullscreen feature is not working on Twitch. If you have questions, leave a comment below, and we’ll do our best to respond.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂