Do you see a ‘game cannot be optimized’ error on GeForce Experience?
NVIDIA’s GeForce line of graphics cards are gears catered toward gaming. Their latest RTX series is taking the gaming community by storm, and many want to experience ray tracing tech on games.
Almost every GeForce graphics card released by NVIDIA in the past years came with software called GeForce Experience. This is an application that helps optimize games, record gameplay, and keep your GPU drivers updated.
Having a highly capable GPU and reliable software will take your gaming experience to the next level and ensure smooth and lag-free sessions.
Unfortunately, some games don’t work well with GeForce Experience.
While using the tool, you might run into a ‘game cannot be optimized’ error. Although you can still play the game without optimization features, it might not run as smoothly compared to having GeForce Experience enabled.
Luckily, we’re here to help.
In this guide, we’ve listed down the most effective ways for fixing the ‘game cannot be optimized’ error on GeForce Experience.
1. Restart Your PC.
Before anything else, we suggest restarting your computer if GeForce Experience isn’t working as it should. This should allow your system to reload its resources and eliminate errors that may have occurred during use.
Follow the steps below to restart your PC:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start Menu.
- After that, access the Power Options tab.
- Finally, choose Restart to reboot your system.
Go back to GeForce Experience afterward and try optimizing your game.
2. Delete User Configurations.
Among the most effective ways for fixing this issue on GeForce Experience is manually resetting your configurations. This should reset your data and ensure that everything is set to factory default.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On your keyboard, press the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys to open the Task Manager.
- Next, go to the Processes tab and close all services related to GeForce Experience.
- Once done, press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run Command.
- Type ‘%appdata%’ and hit Enter to open the folder.
- Navigate to NVIDIA Corporation > GeForce Experience.
- Finally, delete the CefCache folder and restart your computer.
Go back to GeForce Experience afterward to check if the problem is solved.
3. Disable Antivirus Software.
Antivirus software are third-party applications that protect your system from viruses, malware, and malicious software. Unfortunately, some antivirus becomes too protective and blocks legitimate applications from accessing your resources.
If GeForce Experience is not working correctly on your computer, try turning off your antivirus to avoid issues.
On the other hand, you can also try including GeForce Experience and your games on your antivirus’ safelist or whitelist. This should exclude your apps from real-time protection and grant them full access to your system.
4. Check If the Game Is Supported.
If GeForce Experience cannot optimize your game, it might be an indication that it is not supported. Although NVIDIA’s team tries its best to make every game compatible, there are still some titles that don’t work with the tool.
Due to this, we suggest checking the game you are trying to run if it’s compatible with GeForce Experience.
Luckily, NVIDIA has a dedicated page with a list of games it supports.
5. Update Your Drivers.
The version of GPU drivers you are running might have an issue that prevents GeForce Experience from working correctly. To rule this out, try updating your drivers to the latest version to patch bugs and glitches.
See the steps below to update your GPU drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows + X keys to open the Quick Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager.
- Expand the Display Adapters tab and right-click on your video card.
- Finally, choose the Update Driver option and follow the prompts.
Restart your computer to apply the changes. Go back to the software to check if the problem is solved.
That ends our guide on how to fix the ‘game cannot be optimized’ error on GeForce Experience. If you have questions, please drop a comment below, and we’ll do our best to help.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂